Cruise Critic will be on Azamara Onward! What do you want to know?

Cruise Critic Chris

9 hours ago, Marmaduke said:

I have just looked at the photos in the above link and I don't think they are new photos of Onward.

There is a picture of the Land Discoveries Desk adjacent to the Conciege desk.  Surely the Land Discoveries is now on deck 5 in the Den, nowhere near the Conciege.  I believe they are just general photos of an Azamara ship.

These are the wrong pictures.  They still show the library, of blessed memory.

• Like 2

Just now, takemewithyou said:

This is the new Atlas Bar menu.  
Don’t care for most of it……except maybe dessert.  Is it complimentary?

There are no prices.  

Assuming one has to be there for cocktails in order to have dessert?…….Is that correct?

Maybe that’s a special menu with no prices for the VIP guests on board for this shakedown voyage? We will upgrade the drinks package, so we plan to go and have a look, a drink, and hopefully a plate of the little snackies, because some of those sound very nice.  I can’t have the sugary cocktails on the menu, but I could cope with a glass of dry Champagne!

5 hours ago, Travelingwithstyle said:

Are there better and more movie and music options for your room.  I always put this on the survey as "room for major improvement" and they still have not improved in this category.  If I see Breakfast at Tiffany's or West Side Story one more time on the daily schedule...😂. It drives me a little nuts and they repeat the same movies old on just one segment and when you come back months or years later on another cruise.    Ok enough of how I feel 🤗😊.  We really love Azamara.  We are booked on World Cruise just hoping the movies and music in the cabins are better in 2024.

Thank you and have a great day!!!

We are on the world cruise also and hoping they have new movies at least every couple of weeks .. 55 days at sea with Breakfast At Tiffany's will be enough to have me jumping overboard 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, neverseasick said:

Thanks so much for these, Chris.. a big help! The CC suite looks lovely. My only question is how comfortable the back of the balcony chairs will be for long cruises? But we can certainly bring pillows. 

I agree and I wish there were 2 chairs not just 1 comfy one 

Guest Cooper2020

The walk in shower looks fabulous, but the chairs on the balcony do not look comfortable for reading/sunbathing on the balcony.  (Sorry for being picky) they look quite rigid.   I see there is extra high storage in the continent suite. Where are the valances? (to hide the cases)

4 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

This is the new Atlas Bar menu.  
Don’t care for most of it……except maybe dessert.  Is it complimentary?

There are no prices.  

Assuming one has to be there for cocktails in order to have dessert?…….Is that correct?

I’m guessing that, along with the Atlas bar menu, these will NOT be complimentary. At least after this trial cruise 

• Like 1

Guest Cooper2020
1 hour ago, Cooper2020 said:

There is a chair missing in the continent suite.  When I was on last month on the Quest there was a wing chair a dining chair  around the table and a chair at the make up table. 

16 hours ago, Marmaduke said:

I have just looked at the photos in the above link and I don't think they are new photos of Onward.

There is a picture of the Land Discoveries Desk adjacent to the Conciege desk.  Surely the Land Discoveries is now on deck 5 in the Den, nowhere near the Conciege.  I believe they are just general photos of an Azamara ship.

Yes indeed!

Several of the photos are definitely not from Onward.

Stairway opposite Guest Relations has the dreadful cracked mirror artwork.

Apparently the loungers have not yet arrived for Onward.

Let's not forget the ruination of the beautiful quiet Drawing Room!

• Like 1

I would like to know where Onward will be on October 13. The Azamara website says Ancona, which was the port when the voyage started in Venice. Emails from Azamara state that Dubrovnik is the port on October 13. The map on the Azamara website implies that Dubrovnik is the port. Various travel agent websites have Ancona, and also a map with Ancona. I emailed Azamara, and received an email from them stating Ancona, but without answering my query. I’m asking the question here as the roll-call is pretty empty, and maybe Azamara staff on board have an idea!

19 minutes ago, blobby113 said:

I would like to know where Onward will be on October 13. The Azamara website says Ancona, which was the port when the voyage started in Venice. Emails from Azamara state that Dubrovnik is the port on October 13. The map on the Azamara website implies that Dubrovnik is the port. Various travel agent websites have Ancona, and also a map with Ancona. I emailed Azamara, and received an email from them stating Ancona, but without answering my query. I’m asking the question here as the roll-call is pretty empty, and maybe Azamara staff on board have an idea!

I'm booked on this cruise and have the same question.   Been wondering for a month (since the Venice/Ravenna change) what the itinerary will actually be given the contradictory website info.   But not wondering enough to call Az, slog through the wait time, and get connected with a very earnest person who knows nothing more than I do.  Perfectly exemplifies the niggling uncertainties and inconsistencies that gives one pause about Az.  

• Like 1

• Members

Hi all -

So last night I spent some time at the Atlas Bar and have a few updates after speaking to Tony, head of F&B. 

The prices for the bites served in Atlas have not been set, and won't be until the last minute on Tuesday. They will range between $6-$15.

That menu you are looking at is not the final menu. They are going to continue to tweak them. I took a photo of the demo bites they had out but the ones they served us were not the same. 

Drinks in Atlas will be included for some people, depending on your drink package. Most will fall under the Premium Package, which is an extra $15-$16 a day. The really high end ones are covered in the Ultimate Drink Package, which is an extra $25/day. 

We tried a bunch of the cocktails and they were tasty in theory. Staff still needs to be trained on them, as a few were too strong. 

The mural in the library is gone. 

They still don't know where they will be having the Best of the Best dinner. 

Chefs Table and Explorer's Dinners will still be held. Those are each $95 and include the wine pairings. 

It is true that there are more Suites onboard and those passengers have the ability to book unlimited specialty restaurant meals. Tony didn't seem to think that would cause a major problem with other people getting reservations. 

Photos of Atlas Bar to come. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3