Cruise Critic will be on Azamara Onward! What do you want to know?

Cruise Critic Chris

13 minutes ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Hi all! 

On Thursday, I will be boarding Azamara Onward in Barcelona for a short pre-christening "shakedown" cruise. I'll be posting photos and such from the ship. Let me know your questions! 

Chris 

Looking forward to seeing lots of photos as we’re on the Maiden voyage on 2nd May. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, java spot said:

I'm very interested in a video visit to the new bar venue in the former library. 

Yes! Specifically, I’d like to know if the lovely painted ceiling is still there, or if it has been removed. I’ll be sad if that is the case.

• Like 5

I know there are more CC suites on Onward. Do you think there is enough capacity in the speciality restaurants for folks not in suites but buying dining packages to be accommodated ….and at a choice of times ? Thank you. Have a fabulous time.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jollyjoyce said:

I know there are more CC suites on Onward. Do you think there is enough capacity in the speciality restaurants for folks not in suites but buying dining packages to be accommodated ….and at a choice of times ? Thank you. Have a fabulous time.

This question is of interest to us, too, as we are sailing in a verandah.  We have a lot of OBC and most of the shore excursions are of no interest so we are interested in a dining package but have the concerns listed above.

• Like 2

Not specific to Onward, but assuming Az leaders will be aboard — how about asking why they don’t reinstate a chief blogging officer role?   Seemed to be a very useful conduit between the Cruise Critic community and the company, perhaps even more important now with folks mentioning conflicting info, excessive hold times, and emails not answered.

Thanks

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Is there any form of library?  I know the old library space was converted to a bar (to many groans here).  While I can see the point of having a bar there and freeing up space in the specialty restaurants, I really appreciate having real books onboard; even if it's just a nook with space for a hundred "take one, leave one" paperbacks; we'll often pack a few paperbacks that we don't plan to bring home.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, mwf7501 said:

Not specific to Onward, but assuming Az leaders will be aboard — how about asking why they don’t reinstate a chief blogging officer role?   Seemed to be a very useful conduit between the Cruise Critic community and the company, perhaps even more important now with folks mentioning conflicting info, excessive hold times, and emails not answered.

Thanks

I think lots of people would agree with this. Bonnie was a brilliant resource for all of us and a terrific ambassador for Azamara.

• Like 14

We’re on the 21st May sailing and wondering whether it is possible to dine outdoors as we love to do that whenever the weather allows. Am I right in thinking that there is no bar in the area outside the Windows cafe and are the dining offerings in The Patio the same as on the other Azamara ships?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I think lots of people would agree with this. Bonnie was a brilliant resource for all of us and a terrific ambassador for Azamara.

If not a blogging officer they certainly need a better conduit for people to get answers on service related issues (which actually wasn’t Bonnies role, that element dropped when Bill sadly passed). I’d be interested in hearing how they’re going to cope when ships are full. 

• Like 4

• Members

Great to see so many questions! Will try to get to some of these in the next few days. 

A few photos so far. Ship has same look and feel as other Azamara ships - not a lot of changes. 

A caution that the ship is definitely in shakedown mode and things are not quite done. The pool deck in particular still needs its furniture. No outdoor furniture on the balconies yet either. 

E98D195E-CF1A-45C4-911C-E8B82B5397AE.jpeg

FF0C966B-1D93-464D-8413-BDE20DAE357C.jpeg

CC837C12-5DDF-4E0E-951D-873864ABF7D2.jpeg

44468FE0-86A2-47BC-8EB7-94C9427447FC.jpeg

429D5404-C91B-448B-BE80-3723D2198FB6.jpeg

Edited by Cruise Critic Chris
  • Like 2

• Members
On 4/27/2022 at 8:26 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

I talked with the current CMO about the role that Bonnie had. Unfortunately they probably will not replace until things normalize a bit more. 

1 hour ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Great to see so many questions! Will try to get to some of these in the next few days. 

A few photos so far. Ship has same look and feel as other Azamara ships - not a lot of changes. 

A caution that the ship is definitely in shakedown mode and things are not quite done. The pool deck in particular still needs its furniture. No outdoor furniture on the balconies yet either. 

E98D195E-CF1A-45C4-911C-E8B82B5397AE.jpeg

FF0C966B-1D93-464D-8413-BDE20DAE357C.jpeg

CC837C12-5DDF-4E0E-951D-873864ABF7D2.jpeg

44468FE0-86A2-47BC-8EB7-94C9427447FC.jpeg

429D5404-C91B-448B-BE80-3723D2198FB6.jpeg

Thanks, I had hoped for a lighter colour on the walls and newer styled furniture - oh well.  Hope the tables and chairs turn up soon