B2B / "side-to-side" changing ships & ports -- tips and advice?

scrabble6

Looking at doing a B2B in Feb 2023 which involves changing Celebrity ships and moving from Fort Lauderdale to Port of Miami for the second leg.  Can anyone with experience with this scenario offer some tips or information on how best to accomplish this transition?  I'm wondering if there would be an opportunity to board early on the second leg.  We would not be in a suite BTW.

Do online check in as soon as it opens so you can select a early boarding time

If you leave the ship at 9 by the time you get luggage and exit the terminal, call for a Uber to take you to POM it will be about 9: 30.-9:45.  The ride to POM  takes 40-50 minutes.  So you with a early boarding time you shouldn’t have a long wait to check-in.

• Thanks 1

Agree probably be handled just as a ‘normal’ check-in for the 2nd cruise. This really isn’t a B2B since its a different ship and even a different departure port. There are earliesh check-ins and for us it was 11:00am which in your case departing and heading to Miami and so on, is pretty much lines up…..if you can get that check-in time. 

You notice I said ‘probably’ since I haven’t done this or seen it done under the current COVID-related check-in processes. But as with any current check-in’s, I’d show up the time you get as a check-in at Miami. 

Den

• Thanks 1

It will be treated as two separate cruises.  If you try to get one of the later disembark times on the first ship, and an early embark time on the second ship, you should need to wait around in POM too long.

My experience is that the ships in Port Everglades often don’t start disembark until 7:30 much of the time.  Getting off about 9 won’t be a bid deal.  
I would either do an Uber or pre-arrange transport with SAS to get from PE to POM.  They were still only $15/per person in December when they transferred us the other way, from Summit in POM to Reflection in PE.  Even if they go up, it will not be a lot.  They usually have a 9:30 am shuttle from the various hotels, so they would include you in that 9:30 shuttle to PE.   They have passes into PE, so none of the issues that some of the Uber drivers have with not knowing how to get into the port.  

• Thanks 1