Oceania penthouse cabins near elevator

kahuna21

Please, does anyone have a memory or a record of which cabins on Oceania’s R-class ships (Insignia, Sirena, Regatta, Nautica), PH on deck 8, have doors that open directly to the aft stair and elevator lobby? From the deck plan it appears it’s 8044 and 8047, but I can’t tell for sure. I like to be near the elevator, but not necessarily right on the elevator lobby. Thank you!

those look like they open into the lobby

so if you do not want to be directly in front of the lobby choose ones either side of 8044 or 8047 or further down the hall

Also check what is above you

you do not want to be under Waves

• Like 1

Thanks for the response. I thought it might be quiet under waves grill in the evening and night, when it is closed. Wrong? Better to be under (1) pool deck or (2) Terrace Cafe, compared to Waves?

Jerry

7 hours ago, kahuna21 said:

Thanks for the response. I thought it might be quiet under waves grill in the evening and night, when it is closed. Wrong? Better to be under (1) pool deck or (2) Terrace Cafe, compared to Waves?

Jerry

better under the card room  or spa  those rooms have carpet  no chairs being dragged on the deck  😉

• 2 weeks later...

8048 is my favorite cabin on the R-class ships.  I always try to book that room.  It is just aft of the rear elevator bank on the port side of the ship.  I find that it is very quiet and very convenient.

13 minutes ago, docBarb said:

8048 is my favorite cabin on the R-class ships.  I always try to book that room.  It is just aft of the rear elevator bank on the port side of the ship.  I find that it is very quiet and very convenient.

Shhhhh....don't let everyone know about that super cabin and the one opposite on other hallway!

• Haha 1

Just got 8004 on Sirena for a TA in ‘24. Couldn’t get my first choice of 8000 (but I will keep my eyes open in case it frees up). 8004 is at the entrance, but honestly I don’t think there will be any or much noise at all. 

8004 may be better than 8000 as whilst it has the lift area it doesn’t have a crew door near it. 

I did enjoy the lack of wind in 8000, I hope 8004 benefits at least a little from that as well. 

7 hours ago, ToxM said:

Just got 8004 on Sirena for a TA in ‘24. Couldn’t get my first choice of 8000 (but I will keep my eyes open in case it frees up). 8004 is at the entrance, but honestly I don’t think there will be any or much noise at all. 

8004 may be better than 8000 as whilst it has the lift area it doesn’t have a crew door near it. 

I did enjoy the lack of wind in 8000, I hope 8004 benefits at least a little from that as well. 

You have the first 4 cabins  aft of the bridge....  Too, close to the bridge and you still get the shadow of the bridge structure to deal with     8002 a PH 3 is  the best compromise in  sun and wind.....in my experience      

As to which side is better......   My British friends and I will both tell you  POSH....  Port out Starboard home.         Crossing the Atlantic  west to east you want to be on the Starbaord  as it is a wind shelter from the  prevailing winds.  Whereas,   East to west  You want Port for the same        That works pretty well world wide becaus of the Coriolis effect base on  the earth's rotation....

But as I said before anything around the "lifts " as  you call then, is golden......even the set of 4 insides..    And while others disagree  On an R ship its either a PH or inside.. The verandas and Outside views are  a poor experience.     Understand too that I spend very little time in the cabin... prefer to be out and about 95% of my waking hours..        

15338766_1737033829947838_1617702137729648833_n.jpg