How long are refunds taking these days?

sm3ds

7 hours ago, sm3ds said:

I was Paid in full cancelled 5 days before the deadline fully refundable including deposit. Just wondering if refunds are back to normal. 

Not sure there was a normal pre COVID, but refunds are likely taking longer than that - figure about 30 days, but call before that if you don't have it yet.

I just wanted to give a quick update in case anybody else ever has the same question. I just noticed my full refund in showing up as pending on my Amex well actually it's broken down into 4 refunds for at total of 3400. It took 3 business days. It means Royal processed the refund the day I cancelled. If I would have paid with Chase or Citi or it would have problem taken a few more days. 

When I googled Royal refunds I read quite a few horror stories so I'm happy to report it looks like things are back to normal. I wish Royal would send out a cancellation email. I think that would eliminate a lot of the angst. It just feels odd expecting a large refund but having no receipt to prove it. 

• Like 1

Had to cancel our Odyssey Sep 19 med cruise this week. On 4/21 I cancelled the beverage package and got the refund to the CC in four days - 4/25. TA cancelled the cruise on 4/25 and waiting for the tax/port fee refund and issue of FCC's. Hopefully it's not long.

I cancelled 4 beverage packages on Monday and haven't gotten a refund yet, but was told it would take 7-10 days.

I was told the FCC's for the canceled deposits would take 30 days. I was gonna wait for those to arrive before Re-booking but decided today to just re-book and not wait for the FCC's. As long as I get them before my final payment is due in august I won't worry about it. 

I agree that it's weird not to have an email confirmation stating the amount of FCC's to expect. I don't like that part either.