Steakhouse first night

wanderlust0713

2 hours ago, Island Dog said:

Anyone know if you book the steakhouse for the first night online, if you still get the complimentary bottle of wine? Or only if you book onboard?

I booked the steakhouse my first night, its my 60th birthday. How do I get a free bottle of wine? thank you!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slavigne5577 said:

What's the menu or is it the same on every ship? What do you get to choose from? I am guessing it's not unlimited appetizers and soups or salads like in the main dining room. We will be on Glory in June.

Here's the steakhouse menu: Steakhouse-scaled.jpg

In my experience they only allow you to get one from each section. It is not unlimited.

• Like 1

Maybe I just had bad luck but on a recent cruise I had terrible service the first night in the steak house. My dinner companions wanted to go that first night for that bottle of wine. I couldn't help but to think to myself, we all have cheers, why is a bottle of cheap wine weighing in on this decision of what night to eat in the steak house?

Don't get me wrong, I love a good meal in the steakhouse and usually get one. Again not sure if it being the first night played into that bad experience recently but I do know the value of the free bottle should not play into your decision of when to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ladysail2 said:

There are 5 of us (at least) eating at the steak house on the first night of our Celebration cruise. Do we share one bottle of wine between us?  Thanks 😊

Suggestion: just ask when you get there. :classic_wink:

18 hours ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Maybe I just had bad luck but on a recent cruise I had terrible service the first night in the steak house. My dinner companions wanted to go that first night for that bottle of wine. I couldn't help but to think to myself, we all have cheers, why is a bottle of cheap wine weighing in on this decision of what night to eat in the steak house?

Don't get me wrong, I love a good meal in the steakhouse and usually get one. Again not sure if it being the first night played into that bad experience recently but I do know the value of the free bottle should not play into your decision of when to go.

Last year as my cruise approached, all time slots on the first night were booked. All I kept thinking, it must be so crowded and busy in the steak house. We're choosing the second night personally. 

18 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Suggestion: just ask when you get there. :classic_wink:

That doesn’t tell me what the ‘official’ policy is.  The answer would be at the whim of the person answering.  My feeling is that one bottle would be shared between two people, since the tables are set up for ‘couples’.  So if a solo ate a table alone , would she/he get 1/2 a bottle? I ate with 5 or 6 others at one time, and the server shared one bottle between all of us..thereby not really even getting 1/2 glass.   
I was hoping someone who had a consistent experience at  first night Steakhouse  reservations could tell me their expectations. 😊