Fixed dining?

oskidunker

3 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

If so, what times? Thanks

No fixed dining times.  Open seating in all venues.  Reservations needed for the specialties, but not for the MDR, the Terrace, or Waves.  Open hours for the venues are listed on Oceania's website. 

Edited by 1985rz1

2 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

If so, what times? Thanks

Huh? 
Other than the specialty restaurant pre-cruise allotment reservations and daily opportunity to add available same evening ones (at no added charge), there’s no “fixed” dining times in any other venue from GDR to Terrace to Waves.

Understand that the O Culinary experience is like no other cruise line.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Well  I used to swim in the Richmond Plunge so I guess I will take the plunge into the Culinary experience. Sounds great. 

The Plunge! Totally refurbished several years ago. 
Good news: Park Place Barber Shop still going strong.

Bad news: Hotel Mac has been closed and “for sale” since it fell victim to Covid’s scourge.

Not much beats the view from here in Brickyard Cove (especially when we see an O ship parked across at the Cruise Terminal on The Embarcadero.

262DAEF1-C3C1-4778-A452-2D879DA40F12.jpeg

Just now, oskidunker said:

Liked hotel mac. They will probably turn it into a sushi place. 

Yes - not the best market analysis goes into new restaurants here. The Baltic has gone though multiple rebirths with the latest being Indian food! 
Somewhat sadly, we mostly head east to Berzerkly and environs for dinner out.

6 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Well  I used to swim in the Richmond Plunge so I guess I will take the plunge into the Culinary experience. Sounds great. 

OMG, I remember air in the Plunge so thick with chlorine I could hardly breathe! I grew up on Arlington Blvd. with a panoramic view from San Mateo Bridge over to Carquinez Straits & everything in between.

Enjoy your culinary adventures on O. I've been so spoiled I'm afraid to try a different line.

1 hour ago, Vertygo said:

OMG, I remember air in the Plunge so thick with chlorine I could hardly breathe! I grew up on Arlington Blvd. with a panoramic view from San Mateo Bridge over to Carquinez Straits & everything in between.

Enjoy your culinary adventures on O. I've been so spoiled I'm afraid to try a different line.

And that’s the truth. For so many folks, including us: After trying other lines, it only took one O cruise to hook us.

I must admit, however, that O’s “formula” is aimed at a very specific population of accomplished, adult, well-traveled folks who have worked hard for their $$$ and understand/appreciate true value with quality and flexibility at the bottom line.

• Like 2

On 4/27/2022 at 5:49 PM, 1985rz1 said:

Open hours for the venues are listed on Oceania's website. 

I can't find that - could you give me  a link please.

Particularly interested in the Terrace dinner times. We plan to be back late to the ship one night and are wondering if we'll still be able to eat on board or if we should eat before gettign back.

TIA.

13 minutes ago, Harters said:

I can't find that - could you give me  a link please.

Particularly interested in the Terrace dinner times. We plan to be back late to the ship one night and are wondering if we'll still be able to eat on board or if we should eat before getting back.

TIA.

I could find a link only for the Specialties (https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005478053-What-are-the-available-dining-times-for-reservations-in-the-specialty-restaurants-), but I didn't dig down.  But here's what I think are valid for the others:

Pre-COVIVD they were:

For the Terrace, they were:

Breakfast: 7:00am – 10:00am.
Lunch: 12:00pm – 2:00pm.
Dinner: 6:30pm – 9:00pm.

For the Grand Dining Room:

Breakfast: 7:30am – 9:30am.
Lunch: 12:00pm – 1:30pm (usually sea days only).
Dinner: 6:30pm – 9:30pm.

Reservations in the specialty restaurants are 6:30, 7:30, 8, 8:30 and 9 pm.

If they have changed, maybe someone can chime in.

Have a great cruise!

If you think you'll be back later than 9pm, then you should make other plans.

Of course, there's always room service 24/7 and there are plenty of nice dinner options.  No charge, other than if you choose to tip.

And people in a suite can order in to the room, although you would be governed by the restaurant working times. There have been times (when we were in a suite) where after a long day of touring we were too tired to contemplate going to a restaurant and were happy to either order in from one of the restaurants OR just use room service.

Sorry if I've been repetitious -- I tuned in to this thread after many posts had already been made and I skimmed through without reading every word ...

This should NOT be a problem for the OP in my opinion.

Mura