Price difference question

poorer

Hi 

We have booked a cruise for January 2023 and have noticed the price has dropped by at least £400 per person.

Has anyone ever challenged this and been successful and what the outcome was.

Thanks

I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about that - they operate on a fluid pricing basis, and prices move up and down according to their algorithms.  It happens a lot.

You could consider cancellation, and rebooking, but check very carefully what that might entail first.  There are experts here on that (I've never done it) who can tell you far better than I can how to do it, and what's involved.

Our TA, that I cannot mention,  has been excellent when we have rebooked at lower prices,  although that has been mainly with  Princess. 

No harm in asking !

Or, under current  P&O t&c's, cancel your booking, book another cruise with your FCC,  then cancel that one and rebook your original cruise.  

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Our TA, that I cannot mention,  has been excellent when we have rebooked at lower prices,  although that has been mainly with  Princess. 

No harm in asking !

Or, under current  P&O t&c's, cancel your booking, book another cruise with your FCC,  then cancel that one and rebook your original cruise.  

I thought someone said that rebooking the current cruise that way was not possible with P&O?

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought someone said that rebooking the current cruise that way was not possible with P&O?

My recollection was that they did do it. But, hey ho, it's late and I am probably wrong.

I cancelled and rebooked our September Azura cruise yesterday to take advantage of an offer. The only thing I couldn’t do was keep the same cabin. I just chose another one in a good position and finished up with a good deal.

2 hours ago, lujaha said:

I cancelled and rebooked and still saved £320.  They even transferred my Tesco vouchers over and put my FCR on the new booking.

You can cancel if you lose the deposit, but Wowzz's method is to try and avoid that.

18 hours ago, poorer said:

Hi 

We have booked a cruise for January 2023 and have noticed the price has dropped by at least £400 per person.

Has anyone ever challenged this and been successful and what the outcome was.

Thanks

It will largely depend on how much you paid as a deposit. Why ? because that would be the difference between how much you lose and how much you save. I'm not being a know all as I did this on a cruise I had booked. Up to a few years ago you could either book a cruise say a year before you were due to sail and save money. Alternatively it was on many occasions cheaper through a TA than P&O directly. As things have moved on it appears that prices go up and down and the various grades of cabin are removed and reinstated depending on which one's the cruise line needs to get rid of. We booked a cruise and then as I do regularly go onto P&O's website and noticed the price to be the best part of £1000 cheaper (That's for the two of us). I phoned P&O and the lady said the only way I could do this was to cancel the cruise, lose the deposit and rebook. I quickly worked out it would save me £580. So I cancelled and rebooked straight away. There is however one thing to be careful of and that is if you already have a certain cabin number booked during the cancelling and rebooking you may lose that cabin as other operators will be receiving bookings at the same time and yours may go to someone else. Obviously if you haven't been allocated a cabin as yet or are not bothered if you lose an already allocated cabin then it's win, win.

Thank you for your reply.

My husband  is going to contact them.

He agrees with you even if we lost the deposit we will still be better off.

We know that the cabin either side of what we booked is still available also the same for the other cabin for our son.

Again thanks

• Like 1