Do you have to use your phone most everything onboard?

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

But in our case, no phones/apps were involved, just card and kiosk.

You don’t HAVE to use the app to make reservations, it’s just a convenient option for many.

16 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

When we sailed on a large MSC ship, on which show reservations were required (or got priority), they were done via seapass card and kiosks in lobbies.  No phones were called for, and entry at the show was card.  Does RC not do that on the ships that make reservations? 

They had Kiosks on the Quantum class some years ago.  You could make all types of reservations, however, possibly it did not work out as they introduced the RCL APP these days.

You can make specialty dinner & tours reservation prior to sailing or once on board.  No reservations required for theater performances but required for smaller venues.  On Anthem there's was staff in Boleros lounge that made entertainment reservations for those that did not want to use their phones.

Unless my memory is going, I remember some years back that many reservations could be made from your cabin via the Interactive TV.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Unless my memory is going, I remember some years back that many reservations could be made from your cabin via the Interactive TV.

That is where I really learned to like the app.   The older ships don't have interactive TV.  😞 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

That is where I really learned to like the app.   The older ships don't have interactive TV.  😞 

The newer ones don't have either.  You can have movies on demand and see your daily charges, but can't make reservations unless I'm oblivious.

8 minutes ago, nelblu said:

The newer ones don't have either.  You can have movies on demand and see your daily charges, but can't make reservations unless I'm oblivious.

It is the checking of my OBC left on my account that I really missed on the older ships with just "TV" only.    

With the app...I can instantly check my balance and charges.  🙂  Those older TVs are pretty worthless.  😞 

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

It is the checking of my OBC left on my account that I really missed on the older ships with just "TV" only.    

With the app...I can instantly check my balance and charges.  🙂  Those older TVs are pretty worthless.  😞 

Agree. I was disappointed that the Explorer didn't have interactive TV option for checking OBC balance and charges. I was forced to use my phone. 😁 Usually stays locked in the safe for the entire cruise. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Agree. I was disappointed that the Explorer didn't have interactive TV option for checking OBC balance and charges. I was forced to use my phone. 😁 Usually stays locked in the safe for the entire cruise. 

Me too, previously, unless we were in U.S. owned territory with signal like St. Thomas, San Juan, etc.. 

With no interactive TV, I had to stop by GS desk to check on balance couple times a week.  

Now...if that situation exists...I can easily check on the app.   Sooo...OK...dinosaur has crawled out of the rock pit.  😄