change in cruise history credits

sns1

My husband and I did a back to back in February of this year.  First week we were in a suite and the second week we inquired about upgrading to a suite (from a mini).  We paid the additional money for the suite for the second week.  When we returned home, we noticed on our personalizer that we were only credited 1 credit for the second week.  I called the captain circle department and was on hold for a long time.  I decided to e-mail them.  I e-mailed them three times and finally got an answered today.  See below.

Has anyone received two credits recently on an upsell/upgrade?

From: Department, Customer Relations (PCL) <customerrelations@princesscruises.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2022 7:38 AM
To: Department, Captains Circle (PCL) <captainscircle@princesscruises.com>
Subject: FW: [EXTERNAL] Re: Cruise History Credit (THIRD REQUEST)

Good day,

Thank you for your email. Please be advised we are no longer giving 2 cruise credits for an UPSELL to a full suite. Please can only receive 2 cruise credits if they originally book and then sail in the full suite.

We hope this answered your question. If it has not, or you have further comments, please contact 1-800-PRINCESS. A list of prompts will direct you to the appropriate department that can further assist.   If your region is serviced by another office, we recommend you to contact one of the following locations for further assistance: Australia (1300 300 528), New Zealand (0800 444 786),  UK  (0344 3388 674) or Mexico (52 55 51 10 11 636).

Sincerely,
Captain’s Circle Department
Princess Cruises
captainscircle@princesscruises.com
1-800-PRINCESS Option 3

That is a terrible answer from Princess!  Yet another 'low cost' benefit that is lost!

Worse, IF you knew that ahead of time, might you NOT have upgraded?  IF not, then the "Team Princess" crowd are going to have to explain why this helps the line in its journey toward profitably!  Why is it better to sail with an empty suite when for an extra Captain's Circle Credit (which is essentially worthless, and absolutely worth Less now that they are cutting back on cabin credit bump for Elites with more than 20 cruise credits!) 

However, I learned long ago to stop looking for a logical answer when no logic is present!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sns1 said:

I forgot to mention that we have upgraded in the past and received two credits.  It was probably five years ago but we did receive the additional credit.

Unfortunately several benefits have changed during the pandemic since resuming sailing & have affected your 2 cruise credits for a suite upsell. After reaching the elite level those credits are now useless because the $25 to $100 Loyalty credit per cabin is gone as are the free internet minutes.

• Like 4

Wow that is really petty….upsells are a major win for Princess as the suite would otherwise sail empty. And it’s not like you got it for free, they’re getting extra money! 🤷🏻‍♀️ Another poor business decision, making loyal passengers less inclined to give some extra last minute cash to Princess. 

• Like 1

It changed before Covid.  We had suite upsells in October 2019 and then in January 2020.  We got the double credit for the first one and around that time folks on CC were grumbling about being denied the second credit.  And for the second one it was denied.  We went through the Captain's Circle hostess while onboard and she even went back to corporate and it was denied.  She even showed me the email she got about the change in policy.  At least the rest of the suite perks are still there for upsells, for now!

• Like 1