Pacific Explorer & Coral Princess - Ghost Ship videos

Our first ships to return to service over the next 6 weeks or so. Just watching these vids of the ships with no souls, a novel way of reacquainting to what is on the horizon.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing, Geoff. I havenā€™t sailed on either of these ships yet. We do have seven nights booked on Coral Princess; we board in eight weeks. So I watched the Coral Princess video.Ā 
I'm trying to imagine all the work required to recommission a ship after two years.Ā 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

Thanks for sharing, Geoff. I havenā€™t sailed on either of these ships yet. We do have seven nights booked on Coral Princess; we board in eight weeks. So I watched the Coral Princess video.Ā 
I'm trying to imagine all the work required to recommission a ship after two years.Ā 

I haven't sailed Coral yet, but have some interest now we have booked for August. Alfie Smith has been an officer with P&O and Princess, and has been on some of our ships here. He is now qualified to be a Captain, and just needs to work his way up with promotions from 2nd officer. It would be nice if he is aboard Coral, but I don't know what Princess ship he has returned to.

Ā 

Twice on Explorer and twice when she was Dawn Princess. It was still nice to have another walk through, having not seen the inside of a ship since Jan 2020.

• Like 2

Coral is a great vessel, as I have said before, been on her twice over the years..Panama Canal and Inside Passage - Alaska. At least they did not butcher her liker her sister ship, Island, been on her too, not good.

Ā 

As for Alfie, great videos he puts on, I think he might be a first officer or maybe still 2nd, now looking at his rank.Ā  He could be onĀ  Coral Princess, I see he has the Princess badge on his shirt. He would be a great bloke to talk to on board.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Coral is a great vessel, as I have said before, been on her twice over the years..Panama Canal and Inside Passage - Alaska. At least they did not butcher her liker her sister ship, Island, been on her too, not good.

Ā 

As for Alfie, great videos he puts on, I think he might be a first officer now looking at his rank.Ā  He could be on Pacific Explorer or Coral Princess, Carnival does move them around.

He said he was looking for a Princess contract on one of his videos, probably so he could return to the bridge earlier. Spotted a recent picture of him on a Princess bridge, presumable either just returned to service or about to be. Might be Island, as the timing is right, or getting ready to sail on Coral.

• Like 1

Just an update on Alfie Smith. Back on 19 December 2021 on his video of the Crown Princess TourĀ  at the very end Alfie did mention that he was being transferred over to the Pacific Encounter.

Ā 

Ā 

CheersĀ 

Ā 

CRUISING ALONG

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CRUISING ALONG said:

Just an update on Alfie Smith. Back on 19 December 2021 on his video of the Crown Princess TourĀ  at the very end Alfie did mention that he was being transferred over to the Pacific Encounter.

Ā 

Ā 

CheersĀ 

Ā 

CRUISING ALONG

Yes, his most recent stuff hasn't been posted on youtube, so I presume he has been busy over the past 4 months. The video was filmed just before Christmas, and his time on the Encounter ghost ship has come and gone. Checking in some chatter, he is currently on Enchanted Princess

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mikey22 said:

Good to see members from the now defunct Oz Forum.

I am surprised how many are here.

Always enjoyed your thoughts back then Geoff.

Cool. Thanks Mikey.Ā 

Fun times while they lasted. Many were members here prior, so it is a comfortable spot to return to.

Ā 

For the past couple of years, it seemed social media was the way everything was headed. Alas, so many of those cruise pages are becoming driven by clicks on posts. As cruising resumes, it will be dominated by pics from selfie sticks in front of ships and sugar coated reviews from people that don't want to bite the hand that feeds them. Cruising is back, so am I, and this place is more relevant than ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Cool. Thanks Mikey.Ā 

Fun times while they lasted. Many were members here prior, so it is a comfortable spot to return to.

Ā 

For the past couple of years, it seemed social media was the way everything was headed. Alas, so many of those cruise pages are becoming driven by clicks on posts. As cruising resumes, it will be dominated by pics from selfie sticks in front of ships and sugar coated reviews from people that don't want to bite the hand that feeds them. Cruising is back, so am I, and this place is more relevant than ever.

I was Macca back then on that site.

You always seemed to have a good grip on what was going on IMO.

You put me onto a deal on the Radiance that turned into one of the best Cruises we have ever done.

Good to see you again on here šŸ‘

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mikey22 said:

Good to see members from the now defunct Oz Forum.

I am surprised how many are here.

Always enjoyed your thoughts back then Geoff.

Ah, Geoff Arxcards is Geoffrey the safari suit man from old, we used to have some banter.Ā  Geoff was the Guru on that defunct site.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1