Future cruise deposit

6 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Hi all, I seem to remember seeing something in a forum about FCD and that it was no longer the only deposit you pay and you have to add to it.

Can anyone shed a light on this please.

Cheers Carole 

Hi Carole, are you referring to Future Cruise Deposit ( the ones bought onboard) or Future Cruise Credit which the cruise lines are giving for cancelled/changed cruise etc.

I believe these are the ones that cannot be used as a deposit.

6 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Hi Carole, are you referring to Future Cruise Deposit ( the ones bought onboard) or Future Cruise Credit which the cruise lines are giving for cancelled/changed cruise etc.

I believe these are the ones that cannot be used as a deposit.

The ones you buy onboard for $100.

Have you seen anything about them lately that you have to add to it

Cheers. Carole

7 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Cheers. Carole

No I haven't and I have never had to put any money towards them when depositing.

Perhaps someone will have some more info if you have read it somewhere, good luck!!

Hope you are booking a fabulous cruise!

11 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Cheers. Carole

No. You don't have to add anything to the $100 paid on board. In addition, you will get some OBC, the amount determined by the length of the cruise and the category of cabin booked.

Edited by Aus Traveller

1 minute ago, cheznandy said:

No I haven't and I have never had to put any money towards them when depositing.

Perhaps someone will have some more info if you have read it somewhere, good luck!!

Hope you are booking a fabulous cruise!

Could have been a dream !!

Nothing much floats my boat at the moment would have liked the Northern Explorer,,will have to do some smooth talking to get my other half to do the reposition to Hong Kong or (in my dreams Japan )

Cheers Carole

18 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Cheers. Carole

The FCDs are unchanged.

They did change the rules for the use of FCCs late last year and they are no longer sufficient as a deposit on their own unless the FCC amount is equal to or greater than the deposit required. We used all our remaining FCCs to book our August cruise as the June cruise had to be paid in full immediately.

14 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The FCDs are unchanged.

They did change the rules for the use of FCCs late last year and they are no longer sufficient as a deposit on their own unless the FCC amount is equal to or greater than the deposit required. We used all our remaining FCCs to book our August cruise as the June cruise had to be paid in full immediately.

Thanks, that must have been what I read.

Carole

I used an FCD to book a cruise on Princess a couple of months ago.  I was booking several cruises and for one of the bookings I had to pay an extra $100.  My cruise planner couldn't work out why and we put it down to a computer glitch.  I just payed the extra $100.  Total cruise cost was $6000 so it was still cheaper than paying the normal deposit which would have been over $1000.

• 1 year later...

It has been a while since we have had Princess (or any other) FCD's. Good news that they appear to be largely unchanged. A couple of questions:

Are they still $AU100, or have they jumped in line with everything else?

Are you able to get FCD's on the cruise, and also use them to book a future cruise while still aboard? If OK, is there any benefit

15 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It has been a while since we have had Princess (or any other) FCD's. Good news that they appear to be largely unchanged. A couple of questions:

Are they still $AU100, or have they jumped in line with everything else?

Are you able to get FCD's on the cruise, and also use them to book a future cruise while still aboard? If OK, is there any benefit

Princess FCDs are still $100 each. You can buy them onboard and then use them immediately or else you have 1 year to make a booking and apply them. This used to be a 2 year period, but changed earlier this year to 1 year.

Benefits of FCD is that is the total deposit - much lower than often required, and you get extra onboard credit depending on the type of cabin booked and length of cruise. Sorry, but don’t have the amounts to hand at the moment.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Princess FCDs are still $100 each. You can buy them onboard and then use them immediately or else you have 1 year to make a booking and apply them. This used to be a 2 year period, but changed earlier this year to 1 year.

Benefits of FCD is that is the total deposit - much lower than often required, and you get extra onboard credit depending on the type of cabin booked and length of cruise. Sorry, but don’t have the amounts to hand at the moment.

Cool. Looking to take every possible advantage for a Diamond Princess cruise in 2024/25, and if the price is right, also looking at doing a Luminosa shorty split by a night in Brisbane. I don't suppose Carnival has a similar FCD scheme?

5 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Cool. Looking to take every possible advantage for a Diamond Princess cruise in 2024/25, and if the price is right, also looking at doing a Luminosa shorty split by a night in Brisbane. I don't suppose Carnival has a similar FCD scheme?

No FCDs on Carnival. Just look regularly for deals on their website using your VIFP number.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, arxcards said:

Cool. Looking to take every possible advantage for a Diamond Princess cruise in 2024/25, and if the price is right, also looking at doing a Luminosa shorty split by a night in Brisbane. I don't suppose Carnival has a similar 

made error, please disregard 

Edited by rkmw
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rkmw said:

Geoff Carnival don’t have any FCD options but it would be good if they did 

Thanks Bob.

It is one of Princess' worthwhile features, and surprising that others haven't caught up. Oh well, Princess is Princess and Carnival is Carnival. Would be nice though.

I seem to remember that we were getting these from Princess more than 10 years ago without any outlay - when aboard, a free letter for the asking with no deposit required for the letter. Reduced deposit & OBC applied when you booked with the letter.