Explorer June 19-2022- Confused about Regents requirement for Covid Test prior to embarking

We just got an email late Friday regarding the Covid 19 test requirement and frankly it makes no sense. Can someone tell us how you get tested if you have a pre hotel stay prior to embarking? Regents email says it is the traveler’s responsibility. We will get tested on the 15 to make sure we get the results by the 16. Our flight is early on the 17th. Embarcation is in on the 19th so we will need a new Covid test and Regents says it’s our responsibility if we have a Pre hotel stay prior to embarking. Regents suggest Inspire Diagnostic but it’s only for the USA?..?? If you read this tell us how you are doing it. Thank you

We had the same issue when traveling from Europe to Miami needing one test for the flight and entering the country and a second for the ship. I would recommend finding a test site in Rome or Civitavecchia prior to your flight. Reach out to the hotel and let them help you. See you onboard!

• Like 1

You could also just get test kits and take them with you. We took that at home tests before leaving the states - which put us at about 69 hours prior to boarding and we have test kits with us to take within the US's 24 hour rule before we head back. 

• Like 1

You can take the inspire test with you and do it from your destination.  We are staying 3 nights prior in London so will do it when we are there.  Just remember when you book the appointment it is in eastern time.

• Like 1

There is this link that Regent provides to find a test at your destination: https://testfortravel.com/

I've been watching closely because we're booked into Copenhagen in July. BTW, if you book a pre-cruise package with Regent, which is usually 3 nights, they will cover the test.

And I'm still not sure if the test offered for a price at the dock by Regent still counts as an alternative.

14 hours ago, LvnCruisin said:

You could also just get test kits and take them with you. We took that at home tests before leaving the states - which put us at about 69 hours prior to boarding and we have test kits with us to take within the US's 24 hour rule before we head back. 

Are you sure the Covid home kits results will be accepted by Regents when we embark. How do you show the results? 🤔It sounds too easy. We will certainly take a few with us.

2 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

There is this link that Regent provides to find a test at your destination: https://testfortravel.com/

I've been watching closely because we're booked into Copenhagen in July. BTW, if you book a pre-cruise package with Regent, which is usually 3 nights, they will cover the test.

And I'm still not sure if the test offered for a price at the dock by Regent still counts as an alternative.

We did see that site, however, after being in a plane close to 24 hours the last thing we want to do is find a place in Rome. We will b too exhausted to exert the effort. But if there is no other solution…. Thank you for the input

33 minutes ago, Reveuse said:

Are you sure the Covid home kits results will be accepted by Regents when we embark. How do you show the results? 🤔It sounds too easy. We will certainly take a few with us.

Yes.  Regent will accept the on line Telehealth tests.  They've partnered with Inspire Diagnostics (the link is included in their email as well as on their website).  But you can use others.  We are using EMed as we already have their tests.  I have personally verified with Regent that EMed tests are acceptable and the agent noted in my reservation that they are approved just for extra measure. We arrive in Montreal 2 days before our cruise.  So when we get to the hotel we'll be within the 48 hours prior to boarding. We'll do the tests as soon as we are in the room and on the wifi.  If you choose this route, I highly recommend you look at a couple YouTube videos to see EXACTLY the procedure, then you will be completely familiar with how to do the test.  

The results are emailed to you within a very short time as well as available on the app (if EMed it's the Navica app).  All you need to do is show the results electronically (the Navica app does this or the email on your phone) or you can print them.  

We did EMed for a Celebrity cruise in Dec.  It's very easy.  The only advice is have at least one backup test as we did have one test where the fluid bottle was dry so it was unusable.  We will have 4 tests when we do ours (2 each)  just for backup.  These test also meet the requirement for testing to return to the U.S. so we'll use the other 2 if they aren't needed for boarding since we're staying in England for a week.

As a backup, I have already identified a nearby testing facility to our Montreal hotel via the link provided by Regent in both the email and on the web and in post #5 above.  

As a last resort, Regent will provide a test at the port for $99.  I just don't want to wait so we'll get it done early.

You say you're on a Pre-cruise hotel stay. If that's booked through Regent, then their website says "Guests participating in any Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ pre-cruise land program will receive complimentary testing."

Edited by papaflamingo

1 hour ago, Reveuse said:

We did see that site, however, after being in a plane close to 24 hours the last thing we want to do is find a place in Rome. We will b too exhausted to exert the effort. But if there is no other solution…. Thank you for the input

The point with most of these places is to book an appointment ahead of time, before you travel.  That would take most of the effort out of it, if not the stress, which is built-in.

• Like 1

Yes Regent accepts the at home test kit results, they are signed off on by a doctor. The Inspire test that we took are put out there by Regent. As to the test results, they did not get off of the phone with us when we took the tests until they knew that we had results by email and text.

Remember to consider the time difference between your home and port of embarkation.  We tested in the U.S. at noon, flew to our embarkation port, spent two nights pre-cruise and will board the ship at noon, 72 hours after testing.  We thought that we were cutting it close until we remembered the time difference (since our embarkation port is 9 hours ahead of our home time, we tested 9:00 p.m.).  

Edited by LoveRegent2

When the TS wonders if the home tests are acceptable, I get the feeling they are discussing the ones you do on your own. (See post # 8) The home tests that are acceptable are the ones that are proctored, so results can be verifiable.

Edited by moogwan
Oops
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Yes.  Regent will accept the on line Telehealth tests.  They've partnered with Inspire Diagnostics (the link is included in their email as well as on their website).  But you can use others.  We are using EMed as we already have their tests.  I have personally verified with Regent that EMed tests are acceptable and the agent noted in my reservation that they are approved just for extra measure. We arrive in Montreal 2 days before our cruise.  So when we get to the hotel we'll be within the 48 hours prior to boarding. We'll do the tests as soon as we are in the room and on the wifi.  If you choose this route, I highly recommend you look at a couple YouTube videos to see EXACTLY the procedure, then you will be completely familiar with how to do the test.  

The results are emailed to you within a very short time as well as available on the app (if EMed it's the Navica app).  All you need to do is show the results electronically (the Navica app does this or the email on your phone) or you can print them.  

We did EMed for a Celebrity cruise in Dec.  It's very easy.  The only advice is have at least one backup test as we did have one test where the fluid bottle was dry so it was unusable.  We will have 4 tests when we do ours (2 each)  just for backup.  These test also meet the requirement for testing to return to the U.S. so we'll use the other 2 if they aren't needed for boarding since we're staying in England for a week.

As a backup, I have already identified a nearby testing facility to our Montreal hotel via the link provided by Regent in both the email and on the web and in post #5 above.  

As a last resort, Regent will provide a test at the port for $99.  I just don't want to wait so we'll get it done early.

You say you're on a Pre-cruise hotel stay. If that's booked through Regent, then their website says "Guests participating in any Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ pre-cruise land program will receive complimentary testing."

Great suggestions- will check into getting emed tests and find out if Regents does provide testing for the Pre Hotel stay guests. Their email was confusing. Thank you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoveRegent2 said:

Remember to consider the time difference between your home and port of embarkation.  We tested in the U.S. at noon, flew to our embarkation port, spent two nights pre-cruise and will board the ship at noon, 72 hours after testing.  We thought that we were cutting it close until we remembered the time difference (since our embarkation port is 9 hours ahead of our home time, we tested 9:00 p.m.).  

1 hour ago, moogwan said:

When the TS wonders if the home tests are acceptable, I get the feeling they are discussing the ones you do on your own. (See post # 8) The home tests that are acceptable are the ones that are proctored, so results can be verifiable.

Thank you

5 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

The point with most of these places is to book an appointment ahead of time, before you travel.  That would take most of the effort out of it, if not the stress, which is built-in.

Thank you

8 hours ago, docmark said:

We are leaving 3 days early next week for our Splendor cruise and booked " On Point Testing" for getting tested in Monte Carlo(on line) . Reasonable fee'

Will check it out. Thank you

21 hours ago, Fredrik said:

We had the same issue when traveling from Europe to Miami needing one test for the flight and entering the country and a second for the ship. I would recommend finding a test site in Rome or Civitavecchia prior to your flight. Reach out to the hotel and let them help you. See you onboard!

Thank you Fredrick-