Worried

BKO

3 hours ago, BouncingWheel said:

I have no idea what is going on now. I was only trying to happily report things had moved back further toward pre-covid and I was not intending to peddle fake news. 

Sorry for causing so much confusion to you all.

It appears that the new rules may only be for Britannia or even just that 1 Britannia Cruise!

Hoping @molecrochip can shed some light on this.

Not your fault, it seems more like some of the crew have misunderstood a communication, either that or they've taken matters into their own hands! haha

I suppose it could also be that they're choosing to be less strict on shorter itineraries, as there's a bit less risk when people are getting off after 4 days. Even if they catch it on board the incubation period will mean they're off the ship by the time they get any symptoms. (As in, less risk for the ship having to quarantine people etc, not less risk for individuals themselves of course) 

Definitely risky to their policy either way though, as it'll only cause people to complain on other ships, saying 'well I didn't have to do this on Britannia' etc... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

Had a similar email about an imminent Britannia cruise with EXACTLY the same content concerning masks. 'they are only required in the theatre, cinema, or if you visit the medical centre etc'.

To be fair we had the same email prior to our cruise but that was not the policy when actually onboard and was told that it had only just changed. That is why I originally said I don't believe the comms mainly because they have not always been right in the past. But something is not consistent.

2 hours ago, BouncingWheel said:

To be fair we had the same email prior to our cruise but that was not the policy when actually onboard and was told that it had only just changed. That is why I originally said I don't believe the comms mainly because they have not always been right in the past. But something is not consistent.

Like the passengers, the staff must also realise just how illogical the current rules are, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they are starting to ignore the corporate policy  when it makes no sense. From several reviews I’ve read, as soon as the theatre lights go down a lot of people lower their masks anyway!

9 hours ago, Amyracecar said:

Just had an email from P&O about our upcoming cruise, which confirms the mask policy for Iona. We sail in 2 weeks. Would be interesting to see what people on Britannia are currently getting. 

Face – Whilst we highly recommend that guests wear masks on board, they are only required in the theatre, cinema, or if you visit the medical centre. Your mask must cover your nose and mouth and be of a good quality (ideally medical grade). Re-usable masks should be washed regularly, and visors and face shields aren’t accepted as a substitute for a face mask.

Off the ship, masks are required during embarkation, disembarkation and when using tender boats. Some destinations may also require you to wear masks when ashore and we recommend taking one with you whenever you disembark the ship.

It was the same rules on Aurora, we got off yesterday, not many went with the highly recommended comment and a lot of people looked at us weird for still wearing them. 

We were also asked by a shop assistant in M&S in Guernsey why we were earring them as we didn’t have to.

We are probably in the minority but felt safer wearing one as there were a lot of people coughing on the ship

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 8:10 AM, Vampiress88 said:

no drinks allowed in the theatre. You must wear a mask. Agree it’s a little silly when you can sit with strangers for your dinner or be very close to other tables but hey ho. 

as for the process I was worried about it all and the testing. I don’t like rigmarole like this at all but testing etc was really quick and far easier than I thought it would be. We didn’t pay for the tests but if we had of needed to then we would have just facted in that cost. 

Did they not put the charge for your test onto your Stateroom account?

Lift restrictions went at the end of March if not earlier. At same time, all seats in Theatre in use except for front row.

Theatre, Cinema, Spa and Medical Centre still require masks. Sounds like either a trial or misunderstanding on Britannia.

The reason for taking cabin numbers on the way in to the Theatre is to match against bookings - its not Covid related. There has been some good feedback re the bookings for the Theatre as opposed to those who used to turn up and not get seats.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Selbourne said:

From several reviews I’ve read, as soon as the theatre lights go down a lot of people lower their masks anyway!

We were on Arcadia,  as you know.  

Pre dinner drinks chatting to other people, non of us wearing masks. Sat on a table of eight in the MDR with no one wearing masks.

Then went into the theatre which was a quarter full.  No one behind us, in front of us,  or either side of us.  Guess what we did with our masks when the lights went down !

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We were on Arcadia,  as you know.  

Pre dinner drinks chatting to other people, non of us wearing masks. Sat on a table of eight in the MDR with no one wearing masks.

Then went into the theatre which was a quarter full.  No one behind us, in front of us,  or either side of us.  Guess what we did with our masks when the lights went down !

Obviously disobeyed the rules. You were following the Boris example I presume?. Seriously, with the current spread of the virus( many of my grandsons classmates are off school and many nurses at the local hospital are off as well) we will still be wearing masks to try and avoid catching it from the dozens not wearing them and being positive.

6 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

Obviously disobeyed the rules. You were following the Boris example I presume?. Seriously, with the current spread of the virus( many of my grandsons classmates are off school and many nurses at the local hospital are off as well) we will still be wearing masks to try and avoid catching it from the dozens not wearing them and being positive.

You can be as sanctimonious as you like.

We religiously wore masks when we were in lifts, corridors, and anywhere else where we might be in contact with other people. 

Sitting in the theatre,  with no one else within 10 metres of us, who exactly would we be infecting ? 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Lift restrictions went at the end of March if not earlier. At same time, all seats in Theatre in use except for front row.

Theatre, Cinema, Spa and Medical Centre still require masks. Sounds like either a trial or misunderstanding on Britannia.

The reason for taking cabin numbers on the way in to the Theatre is to match against bookings - its not Covid related. There has been some good feedback re the bookings for the Theatre as opposed to those who used to turn up and not get seats.

What’s the logic in not using the front row? Also, can you clarify if masks are still required for embarking and disembarking in addition to rye places you listed above? Thanks. 

9 hours ago, molecrochip said:

There has been some good feedback re the bookings for the Theatre as opposed to those who used to turn up and not get seats.

I’m surprised at that. We decide if we are going to a show depending on how we feel after dinner. Spontaneity makes a holiday! We have only ever failed to get in a couple of times in 25 years. P&O does have a long standing habit of introducing unpopular changes “in response to customer feedback” 🤔

8 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I’m surprised at that. We decide if we are going to a show depending on how we feel after dinner. Spontaneity makes a holiday! We have only ever failed to get in a couple of times in 25 years. P&O does have a long standing habit of introducing unpopular changes “in response to customer feedback” 🤔

Me too. We only found the theatre full once, first show, and so returned for the second show. I think that was on Britannia. 

10 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Me too. We only found the theatre full once, first show, and so returned for the second show. I think that was on Britannia. 

Just a note that you can only "book" a show once and if you have seen it you cannot book it again later to see it again - the system says no as you have attended the event.

However, I am positive you could walk in and, space permitting, they will let you in. I guess many do that.

3 hours ago, BouncingWheel said:

Just a note that you can only "book" a show once and if you have seen it you cannot book it again later to see it again - the system says no as you have attended the event.

However, I am positive you could walk in and, space permitting, they will let you in. I guess many do that.

On the app, yes. But call the holiday helpline or visit reception or the theatre podium before the show and its fine.

4 hours ago, Selbourne said:

What’s the logic in not using the front row? Also, can you clarify if masks are still required for embarking and disembarking in addition to rye places you listed above? Thanks. 

Masks must be worn in the embarkation terminal until you are on the ship. This is because there may be people in the embarkation terminal who are unknowingly positive.

Beyond that, mid-cruise embarkation/debarkation follows local rules. Back at the final terminal for final debarkation, it is strongly recommended. But if like me, you managed to pack your pile of mask/disembarkation documentation in your suitcase the night before, you'll find that they still let you off without issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

Re mask mandate in the theatre: P&O have a duty to their stage performers who a performing without masks as much as they do to their passengers. They reasonably discharge this duty by enforcing the mask rule on entry/prior to lights out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2022 at 11:06 AM, Fionboard said:

On Ventura now.  Masks required in theatre.  Have heard (but maybe not true) that more stringent mask wearing reintroduced on Azura. Anyone heard this?

I disembarked Azura on Thursday and mask wearing had been reintroduced on board the day we boarded (28th April) and we were required to wear mask when moving around the ship indoors, as well in the theatre, etc.

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

I disembarked Azura on Thursday and mask wearing had been reintroduced on board the day we boarded (28th April) and we were required to wear mask when moving around the ship indoors, as well in the theatre, etc.

Someone who just got on Ventura posted that masks only had to be worn in the medical centre, so maybe rules differ each ship?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Selbourne said:

If you wear a mask going into the theatre, how will they know if you have been in previously ?. DW often tells me to put a mask on in public. Nowt to do with any virus.🤣

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, BouncingWheel said:

I’ve never felt the urge to watch the same show twice on the same cruise. Mind you, I’ve seen some of the shows several times - on different cruises. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

For anyone sailing the Ventura ,the passengers have been given this notice today 

which I guess should spread through the fleet ....

FB_IMG_1651940702599.jpg.8af658d6389678ff7a0ec572c4a1a8af.jpg

Excellent news. On the basis that I would not be visiting the medical centre (well, not intentionally) that now means no compulsory mask wearing anywhere on board. Hallelujah. Those who wish to continue to wear them can continue to do so if they wish. As it should be IMHO. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Excellent news. On the basis that I would not be visiting the medical centre (well, not intentionally) that now means no compulsory mask wearing anywhere on board. Hallelujah. Those who wish to continue to wear them can continue to do so if they wish. As it should be IMHO. 

Amen to that :classic_smile:

• Like 2