EU/Italy - Passenger Locator Form HELP !

sdpr73

Need help filling this out from someone in similar situation as me please, their FAQ & user manual are a translated nightmare.

We are FLYING direct from Canada to Rome 4 days prior to cruise.  Staying first at a hotel in Rome.  Then boarding the EDGE in Civi.

Question #1 on the form asks:

Transportation Type;  please select how you will be travelling.  Air or Cruise?

-is this asking how I’m arriving into Rome upon entry?  If so….it’s by AIR , then I give my arrival flight details……then it’ll ask what will be my temporary address, so I  then give hotel details and then add an extra temporary address and give cruise ship details…..but just asks the ship name.

- if I answer YES immediately as CRUISE SHIP, then it wants full cruise itinerary and dates which seems important to know, but asks nothing about my arrival flight or where I’ll be staying and for how long in Rome. So strange.

Advice wanted from anyone who flew in a few days prior to cruise, stayed in Rome then sailed out of Civi.  How did you fill this form out?

• Like 1

You only need the plane and not the cruise information.

Has it really been discontinued? Who knows. I just read something that was from today saying that it is still required and our airline says that it is still required. We leave next week and I’m still going to fill it out. It’s not a big deal and I would rather be safe than sorry. The form is still online so I’m going to do it. 

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

Has it really been discontinued? Who knows. I just read something that was from today saying that it is still required and our airline says that it is still required. We leave next week and I’m still going to fill it out. It’s not a big deal and I would rather be safe than sorry. The form is still online so I’m going to do it. 

Google it. It’s all over the news.

I just checked further and my understanding is that from May 1, 2022 the Italy dPLF is not required regardless of vaccination status but you should check for yourself and maybe with your airline as it is such a recent change.

Edited by PurpleTraveller

5 minutes ago, sdpr73 said:

Thanks everyone for the great news just released today.  Things are getting easier.

Now we just need to stop the Quarantine process snd tests to return to the US. It’s not stopping any spread really. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

But when will the US drop the Covid test to get back?  That's the millon dollar question. 

Yep, I agree. And long overdue especially if you are a US citizen. I can’t figure out why not yet done unless the CDC are still acting like the idiots they are.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 8:33 PM, Purplsmurf said:

My airline said the same thing for my connecting flight and I arrive tomorrow morning, boarding early evening tonight.  

i was annoyed that they asked for the best number to reach you about the form and the proceeded to call it a mobile phone with no way to select otherwise!  I don’t think it matters as I’m not likely to answer a cellphone either! 

My connection is in France and although I haven’t found them requiring the locator form either I’ve been hassled by Air France before and prefer to never do that again.  I normally avoid connection there but a cancel and rebook gave me little option.

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak