Questions re: insurance and on-board credit

I am new to Royal Caribbean. I booked our cruise to Alaska last week so it was not during the cruise with confidence. I usually don’t get extra insurance on top of my regular health insurance and credit card provide but added it because we have to do covid test etc. I was using FCC so earned OBC, but was told it could take a while to show up.  A few days later I called Club Royale to redeem other OBC and he sent me a new receipt showing FCC. I later noticed it said that we had declined insurance, and my balance was reduced. I’m not sure if it was removed for a reason. I’ve since read that they will credit or refund cruisefare if you test positive prior to embarking, so I’m trying to decide if I actually need the insurance (We are Canadian and embarking from Vancouver) . Final payment is tomorrow for late a July cruise so I need to figure that out and who I should call. I’m not sure if Club Royale is the same as RCC or is it a TA?

As for the OBC - other than the updated receipt, the only way I could see it is by going into the cruise planner where you book excursions, is that correct. On the receipt it showed as all under my name instead of some under my husbands. Is OBC by cabin or by person, as that will affect whether things need to be charged under my name. Thanks

If something should happen medical wise, will your medical insurance cover you in Alaska?

Coming from the US, medical is the thing that can devastate me. I can absorb losing the cruise. I can't absorb $100K for an emergency heart cath.

Edited by klfrodo

56 minutes ago, familycruzinnewbie said:

I am new to Royal Caribbean. I booked our cruise to Alaska last week so it was not during the cruise with confidence. I usually don’t get extra insurance on top of my regular health insurance and credit card provide but added it because we have to do covid test etc. I was using FCC so earned OBC, but was told it could take a while to show up.  A few days later I called Club Royale to redeem other OBC and he sent me a new receipt showing FCC. I later noticed it said that we had declined insurance, and my balance was reduced. I’m not sure if it was removed for a reason. I’ve since read that they will credit or refund cruisefare if you test positive prior to embarking, so I’m trying to decide if I actually need the insurance (We are Canadian and embarking from Vancouver) . Final payment is tomorrow for late a July cruise so I need to figure that out and who I should call. I’m not sure if Club Royale is the same as RCC or is it a TA?

As for the OBC - other than the updated receipt, the only way I could see it is by going into the cruise planner where you book excursions, is that correct. On the receipt it showed as all under my name instead of some under my husbands. Is OBC by cabin or by person, as that will affect whether things need to be charged under my name. Thanks

If you booked through Club Roysl you need to call them

The obc is by cabin as long as only one person is responsible for paying all the stateroom charged. 

On top of our government medical care, we have a group plan from work that has extended coverage and travel health insurance. So we usually don’t get extra coverage. If I was sent to Vancouver, It would be under govt medical care but the transportation there or care in the US would be under travel insurance.