What shower toiletries does NCL provide?

35 minutes ago, Docbizarro said:

First time NCL, wondering what shampoos/soaps/etc NCL provides for the shower and the opinion of how suitable they are for use? thank you

NCL uses liquid body wash and shampoo/conditioner dispensers in the shower and liquid hand soap at the sink. It's the same as any hotel, but in bulk. Fine for us on a cruise. 

image.thumb.png.3e1494e0190e569eeb777840dd4f8147.png

image.thumb.png.741df7d637b8a0f8a05252aebe211caa.png

image.png.9c6c576c84da919b0ffb0bd59c0f11d2.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Docbizarro said:

First time NCL, wondering what shampoos/soaps/etc NCL provides for the shower and the opinion of how suitable they are for use?

thank you

If you usually use a separate conditioner for your hair then I advice you to bring your own conditioner, as the combined shampoo/conditioner provided in the dispenser does not really do much "conditioning" for your hair. At least not for my hair, and I have "easy" hair (straight, fine, shoulder length). When I have used NCL's combined  shampoo/conditioner in the past my hair just felt like it does if I don't use a conditioner. 

Sidenote: In my opinion all NCL products in the bathroom dispensers smell nice (shampoo, liquid soap, bodylotion).... 😊

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 2

If you have color-treated or otherwise chemically altered hair, absolutely bring your own conditioner and consider packing shampoo as well. 

The body wash is lovely, though. You’ll also have a liquid hand soap dispenser at the sink. 

On 5/6/2022 at 1:33 PM, Thunderbird19 said:

So Body lotion is available in basic cabin rooms?

Yes, our bathroom last month on the Breakaway had a small bottle of lemongrass scented body lotion. 

This is always an interesting topic to read when I see folks chatting about included toiletries. I guess I'm an odd person. I hardly ever use toiletries that are in cruise cabins or land hotels. I always travel with my own personally selected body and hair products. I have skin that gets dry if products are not a good fit for me. And my hair needs products that are hydrating.  Plus, I like enjoying fun products while on vacation. Hotels that offer mini size products in their bathrooms usually luck out with me because I never touch them. Especially their lotions that are so thin, watery, and drying. They might smell good, but are rarely moisturizing. My hair type certainly needs products better than what's included in cruise cabin showers or hotel bathrooms.  So, I think it depends on the person's individual needs when it comes to using what is included. The standard does not suffice for all people. One thing I try to enjoy during cruising is to not rush showering and getting ready. So, I enjoy a leisure shower with nice products I bring to enjoy for fun and nice moisturizing body and hair products since I'm usually cruising somewhere that's warm and I will be in the sun a lot. So standard lotion in the cabin, just wont cut it. Nice toiletries is just a little addition to pleasure of the vacation and moisturizing products is a necessity for me, especially on sailings that will include a lot of warmth and sun exposure. Happy sailing everyone. 

• Like 2

The lotion was not in our cabin last month on Getaway, but the room steward will bring some if you ask. It does smell good, but is not thick. Works for my legs, but I will bring a small tube of thicker lotion for my heels.

I agree with blueslily that some of us need certain hair products. I brought conditioner and used the shampoo that was provided on my last cruise, but still had a little frizz. I decided that I am also bringing my own shampoo next trip.

Bahamas last month from NYC. Bermuda from Boston this month. Making up for lost time! Will try to adopt the "cruise hair, don't care" attitude.😎

Along with some of the previous posters, I always bring my own shampoo, conditioner and lotion.  I have very thick hair that needs product that adds moisture. I find hotel/ship hair products to be very drying.  DH uses them with no issue.

Also, DH prefers a bar of the soap we use from home.  So we have a travel container with that. I use the ship shower gel.  So we both use some of the products from the ship and some from home.  It’s been tweaked from years of experience.

• 2 years later...