Verifly

I received an email from HAL that if I downloaded the VeriFLY app and filled in the info, I would have a special line at Seattle that would hasten my journey through the terminal maze. Eurodam May 7th.

1. I downloaded the app, choose HAL, entered my trip number and name. Boom. Done. Even added my pic.

2.  I scanned my QR code on my vax certificate. Boom . Done.

3.  Now there are two things left on my "checklist". Proof of test and health assessment.

4.  There is no way to get to these items from the check list, so I go to my pass and hit "action required" button. The button lights up. Nothing. The fAQ is worthless.

5. Has anyone sucessfully added the test and health assessment? How?

TIA

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Coyote Chris said:

I received an email from HAL that if I downloaded the VeriFLY app and filled in the info, I would have a special line at Seattle that would hasten my journey through the terminal maze. Eurodam May 7th.

1. I downloaded the app, choose HAL, entered my trip number and name. Boom. Done. Even added my pic.

2.  I scanned my QR code on my vax certificate. Boom . Done.

3.  Now there are two things left on my "checklist". Proof of test and health assessment.

4.  There is no way to get to these items from the check list, so I go to my pass and hit "action required" button. The button lights up. Nothing. The fAQ is worthless.

5. Has anyone sucessfully added the test and health assessment? How?

TIA

I believe you need to be within 3 days of your cruise to enter that info.

I'm new at this as well, but I think the health assessment form is completed 3 days prior to the trip on the HAL website.  I'm guessing you can print it when done.  The COVID test is 2 -3 days prior (depending on your vax situation). 

Like you, I'm not totally clear on how to transfer the info into VeriFly.  I assume I can take a screenshot of the health assessment and upload it.  I also assume the COVID proctor will send a QR code that can be scanned into VeriFly.

Great question - I'm following to see if I can learn from you!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kstrittm said:

I'm new at this as well, but I think the health assessment form is completed 3 days prior to the trip on the HAL website.  I'm guessing you can print it when done.  The COVID test is 2 -3 days prior (depending on your vax situation). 

Like you, I'm not totally clear on how to transfer the info into VeriFly.  I assume I can take a screenshot of the health assessment and upload it.  I also assume the COVID proctor will send a QR code that can be scanned into VeriFly.

We just uploaded a copy of the PDF our testing copy emailed us. It was simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am pretty sure you can't enter those 2 items until you are within 72 hours. We completed VeriFly and boarded in Seattle on April 30. Didn't do us much good because the check-in people inside the terminal never heard of VeriFly. There was someone with a VeriFly sign outside who let you in but once inside you were with the crowd. We used it in San Diego last month and it was very useful because the check in people were taught how to use the system.

• Haha 1

You can do a combination of things for the test verification and vaccination record.. Either upload the PDF of the test or take a photo of your vaccination card, etc.. We first did this last July for a cruise on VO and have done it for HAL twice since..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Laminator said:

I believe you need to be within 3 days of your cruise to enter that info.

Correct.  Double boosted people like me can get tested three days before the day of the cruise. I filled out the health assessemnt form on HAL and it transfered right away to the VeriFLY app. Verifly customer service says to manually add the test to the check list but there is no where to click on. The ball is now in their court.  One test today was with Walgreens and one was with emed. Email confirmations for both but no pass on Navica app yet.

chris checklist.jpg

1 hour ago, sambamama said:

I've tried to use the Verifly app numerous times. It is garbage. It doesn't allow uploading and there is no help. I spent hours, and gave up. I use paper. 

HAL is very interested in my troubles and is following my saga.  I am sending them screen shots and saving emails from customer support.  The app was probably written by a 22 year old kid that has no understanding about us seasoned citizens. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

You can do a combination of things for the test verification and vaccination record.. Either upload the PDF of the test or take a photo of your vaccination card, etc.. We first did this last July for a cruise on VO and have done it for HAL twice since..

Vax records were easy peasy.  Take a pic of the QR code or your cards and THEY veryify them and put a big ole check mark....no where to upload test results. Yet. Will try tomorrow,

4 hours ago, farawaygal said:

I am pretty sure you can't enter those 2 items until you are within 72 hours. We completed VeriFly and boarded in Seattle on April 30. Didn't do us much good because the check-in people inside the terminal never heard of VeriFly. There was someone with a VeriFly sign outside who let you in but once inside you were with the crowd. We used it in San Diego last month and it was very useful because the check in people were taught how to use the system.

LOL!  I needed that!  Good one. I will try tomorrow and see if I can upload the Walgreens or eMED tests I took today.  Oddly, I have the emailed results from both but the test hasnt shown up on my Navica app yet.  I fly out Friday for Seattle and board the E-dam on Sat.  My fourth Alaska cruise. Love it.  I am glad those of us who are boosted get to take the tests 3 days out from day of sail.  The docgo test times are way too early. That was my backup....10:30 am? Really?

6 hours ago, kstrittm said:

Oddly, it was easy peasy to upload my vax info....and when I did the HAL health assesment today on the HAL website, it transfered all by itself to the Verifly app.  The app tech support people seem to think there is a way to manually load the test results so I sent them this screen shot.  No way...nothing to click on. The odd thing is that they obviously know that some of us can have our tests three days out...They need a focus group of us old people to show them that they assume too much.  

chris checklist.jpg

Edited by Coyote Chris

I am also having this issue. My daughters results just came back from Walgreens but VeriFly will not accept them. I keep getting error messages. I tried to print the attachment from Walgreens but the QR code would

not capture. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PoppyBanks said:

I am also having this issue. My daughters results just came back from Walgreens but VeriFly will not accept them. I keep getting error messages. I tried to print the attachment from Walgreens but the QR code would

not capture. 

Update. Verifly told me to reboot my phone, wipe away the app, and start over. 

Truth. This morning, suddenly, a "carrot" appeared next to the test in the check list. I Filled out the form and they would not take the walgreens QR code.  I then just sent them a pic of the Walgreen test and they are "reviewing" it. 

I sent this back to them.

Thank you for your response.  I have been in contact with others who have tried to use your app on "cruise critic" forum.
They told me a about a bug in the software.
Even though I am allowed to take a test three days out, I can only submit it 2 days out. I have submitted it this morning as a "carrot " has now appeared on my screen for doing this. We shall see if you accept the test result from Walgreens I submitted.
Chris
  • Thanks 1

I emailed VeriFly and received a prompt response outlining the same instructions that I already attempted several times. 😩

Can we just take printed copies of the negative test results? Everything else re: VeriFly went smoothly. 
We embark in Vancouver in 2 days. 

Update. VeriFLY has now accepted my proof of vax. I now have a pass.  Odd that my Navica app has not been updated with my negative Abbott/Navica/Emed test I took yesterday. Frankly, I grow tired of having to do other people's jobs for them but as no one is willing to work anymore, no one will be disiplined or terminated.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, kentuckycruiser said:

With walgreens results just upload a picture of the piece of paper with the results. In a few hours it will process and you have the green check.

Don't bother with the QR code

That hasn’t worked. Just emailed VeriFly again. 

We spent several days jumping through all the Verifly hoops for,our Alaska cruise out of Vancouver. 
In the end it took it all, including copies of our negative Covid tests. Success!

After all that, at embarkation in Vancouver, they refused to even look at Verifly and insisted on paper copies of everything instead.😏

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, LindaJ+ said:

Our check-in went very smoothly without Verifly

We have the photo, vaccine card and health assessment completed but the section on VeriFly requesting the negative test results is giving me an error code. There is no

manual entry option on my VeriFly app and I checked to see that I have the correct version. Two emails to VeriFly support just parroted the instructions, which I know already. So you can just take the copy of the test results at embarkation?

• Like 1

Did anyone have issues uploading a photo of the second traveller? I’ve tried using the camera and the picture(s) looked good, but weren’t accepted. I’ve tried uploading a picture that I had on my phone. No luck either way. I would like to use the app, but without the picture, I won’t be able. 

21 minutes ago, quack2 said:

So far, Verifly doesn't seem to like my State of Oregon Electronic Vaccine card.

Its hit or miss. My state of wa worked.  But I also in another attempt just took a pic of both vax cards and they accepted that in 2 hours.  This electronic business is to just save companies money and at the same time promote other businesses.  If you want to go to a concert or lord forbid a 15 event figure skating competition, you have to purchase electronic tickets on Ticketswest.  In the email you get, you get sent to another website to see the tickets, take screen shots of them, and are told to put them into Google Pay or iWallet. Just in case there is no cell coverage at the event.  So they make you have a smart phone, and a google pay account.  They even threaten you that you will not be let in unless you do their steps, but at the end of the day, you can still take your receipt into the local box office and get a paper ticket.  Ask me how I know this.  At an international skating competition in Las Vegas last year some old people didnt even HAVE smart phones, so they opened up the box office and gave them paper tickets.  

It is my hope HAL uses their own app and just makes you put your info on that, with good customer help.  THEY have a dog in the fight. THEY want you to come back so they should take care of you.

• Like 2