Galaxy Pavilion cost & reviews?

What’s everyone’s thoughts/experiences with the Galaxy Pavilion?

Also I see online that everything is $8/each except the F1 racer which is $20, but do they have any packages or passes?

Going on the Joy, but if this exists on other ships too I’d be interested in the feedback. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Docbizarro said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts/experiences with the Galaxy Pavilion?

Also I see online that everything is $8/each except the F1 racer which is $20, but do they have any packages or passes?

Going on the Joy, but if this exists on other ships too I’d be interested in the feedback. 

Packages and photos start on Post #56 below

• Like 2

@BirdTravels- I took a look at your pix for the Galaxy Pavilion packages.   I suspect that the prices will be similar on the Prima when she launches.  One big question, I noticed that the fine print indicates the packages don't include the Escape Rooms, which is what I'm most interested in.  I'm guessing those require paying for each individual activity (likely because they take longer than your typical game).   Do you happen to recall the prices for those on Encore??  

Is there anyone around who tried out the Escape Rooms in any of the Galaxy Pavilions and has a review of them?   How do they compare to a land based Escape Room?  

We were on Joy in March and the cost was $29 for an hour - any thing except for the F1 which still cost $20. 

they do have week long rates and day rates but sorry I can’t remember what they were. 

one hour was enough for us. 

• Like 1

I'm wondering out loud if there's a better use for that Galaxy Pavilion space that appeals to a broader audience and, yes, drives revenue to the company --- I mean, that's why they built it there as part of their business model for the ship.

In my experiences, I didn't see many people using it.  Lump the American Diner in the same category. 

Maybe I'm wrong. 

We're on the Encore. The Galaxy Pavilion is $30 for an hour, more for longer.

We won an hour's pass as part of our prize for winning the 9 day progressive trivia.

We tried most things. The majority are just VR movies, flying you through a place with a bit of shaking. No interactivity. Plus a bunch where you just shoot anything that moves. Car simulators not great. The walk-through adventure isn't bad.

I appreciate we're not the target audience, but it's not something we'd pay for. After the first couple of days of the cruise it's mostly empty, we were the only customers while there.

The Galaxy Pavillion was the surprise of my Encore cruise.  I did not think I would enjoy it so much.  I did not get a package so I cant comment on that.  However we all paid separately for each gaming experience.  We did just about everything and it was fun family experience.  The movie with the moving seats while you shoot the zombies was so much fun.   

On 5/5/2022 at 10:51 AM, brigand13 said:

@BirdTravels- I took a look at your pix for the Galaxy Pavilion packages.   I suspect that the prices will be similar on the Prima when she launches.  One big question, I noticed that the fine print indicates the packages don't include the Escape Rooms, which is what I'm most interested in.  I'm guessing those require paying for each individual activity (likely because they take longer than your typical game).   Do you happen to recall the prices for those on Encore??  

Is there anyone around who tried out the Escape Rooms in any of the Galaxy Pavilions and has a review of them?   How do they compare to a land based Escape Room?  

Does the Encore have an Escape Room?  I thought only the Joy had one?

I don't know what speciifically is in Galaxy on Encore or Joy, but the package pricing listed in Bird's linked post about Encore mentions Escape Rooms not being part of the package.  I'd guess that's a given if they don't exist...  LOL!!

Truth is, the ship I'm most curious about is the Prima as I have a cruise booked on her this fall.  Unfortunately, there isn't any detailed info available about what her Galaxy Pavillion will be like.   I've got my fingers crossed that they will include an Escape Room there as that sounds like a really fun sea day activity.  Does anyone know what the fee is for the Escape Room on the Joy?  

On 5/8/2022 at 7:03 AM, disneylover89 said:

Does the Encore have an Escape Room?  I thought only the Joy had one?

I haven't seen or heard of one. We're currently on the Encore. It wasn't mentioned at the Galaxy Pavilion when we went round trying everything.

• Like 1