New Jersey Ferry to Statue of Liberty

24 minutes ago, Lovemymaggie said:

Will we be able to buy ferry tickets early? we have our tickets for the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.

There are no tickets needed to access the Statue of Liberty or Ellis Island-- the tickets you have most likely are for the ferry itself. 

3 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

There are no tickets needed to access the Statue of Liberty or Ellis Island-- the tickets you have most likely are for the ferry itself. 

no i was just on the park site for statue of Liberty. they are tickets for the Pedestal and Ellis island. I talked to the gal on the chat and they don't sell ferry tickets.

51 minutes ago, Lovemymaggie said:

Will we be able to buy ferry tickets early? we have our tickets for the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. We will be staying in New Jersey post cruise.

thank you in advance.

25 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

20 minutes ago, Lovemymaggie said:

no i was just on the park site for statue of Liberty. they are tickets for the Pedestal and Ellis island. I talked to the gal on the chat and they don't sell ferry tickets.

Yes, you need to buy tickets for the ferry.

In addition to the basic ferry ticket that includes general admission access to the Statue of Liberty museum and grounds, the Ellis Island National Museum of Immigration and an audio tour there are additional classes of tickets that guarantee access to the SOL's pedestal, the SOL's pedestal and the crown, and a ticket that includes an Ellis Island hard hat tour in addition to general admission. In other words, four ticket options are available. Each type of ticket can be booked for either New Jersey or New York ferry embarkation.

Here's the Statue of Liberty website:

https://www.statueofliberty.org/visit/tickets/

Here's the website for the only authorized seller of Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island tickets:

https://www.cityexperiences.com/new-york/city-cruises/statue/

The two websites explain everything.

Edited by njhorseman

5 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Yes, you need to buy tickets for the ferry.

In addition to the basic ferry ticket that includes general admission access to the Statue of Liberty museum and grounds, the Ellis Island National Museum of Immigration and an audio tour there are additional classes of tickets that guarantee access to the SOL's pedestal, the SOL's pedestal and the crown, and a ticket that includes an Ellis Island hard hat tour in addition to general admission. In other words, four ticket options are available.

Here's the Statue of Liberty website:

https://www.statueofliberty.org/visit/tickets/

Here's the website for the only authorized seller of Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island tickets:

https://www.cityexperiences.com/new-york/city-cruises/statue/

The two websites explain everything.

Alert For Ticket Purchasers

Statue Cruises is the ONLY vendor that can provide access to both Liberty and Ellis Islands through an exclusive contract with the National Park Service. We strongly recommend that you purchase ferry tickets online or from the official Statue Cruises ticket box offices. Tickets sold by street vendors Do Not bring passengers to Liberty and Ellis Islands.

Get Your Ferry Tickets

i clicked on that and get an error. that site is where I got the tickets and there are no ferry tickets. So do we just show up that day at the ferry about an hour before our time?
Edited by Lovemymaggie

4 minutes ago, Lovemymaggie said:

Alert For Ticket Purchasers

Statue Cruises is the ONLY vendor that can provide access to both Liberty and Ellis Islands through an exclusive contract with the National Park Service. We strongly recommend that you purchase ferry tickets online or from the official Statue Cruises ticket box offices. Tickets sold by street vendors Do Not bring passengers to Liberty and Ellis Islands.

Get Your Ferry Tickets

i clicked on that and get an error. that site is where I got the tickets and there are no ferry tickets.

Click on the links I gave you. I can assure you they are working. I just did a mock booking. What you clicked on appears to get you to an older no longer active version of the website.

Edited by njhorseman

12 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Click on the links I gave you. I can assure you they are working. I just did a mock booking. What you clicked on appears to get you to an older no longer active version of the website.

ok. I had booked on that site and went back to check my email. it says boarding time is 9:30. So does that mean boarding for the ferry then and I am all good to go?

1 hour ago, Lovemymaggie said:

ok. I had booked on that site and went back to check my email. it says boarding time is 9:30. So does that mean boarding for the ferry then and I am all good to go?

When you were ready to book if you clicked on the line that says "What's Included" you would find the following:

"Schedule

Note: When choosing your reservation date and time, this is your entry into the Security Facility and not a specific ferry departure. Ferries depart approximately every 30 - 70 minutes depending upon the departure point. For more information visit the Departure Schedule.

Note: When choosing your time, this is your entry into the Security Facility not the entry time into the Pedestal of the Statue of Liberty National Monument. The wait time can be several hours, particularly during peak season including summer, weekends, and holidays. 

Last Entrance to the Pedestal 

Jan 1 - May 27 3:30 PM

May 28 - Sep 5 4:30 PM

Sep 6 - Dec 31 3:30 PM

Christmas Eve 1:30 PM

56 minutes ago, Lovemymaggie said:

i did notice that...that is why my initial question was can I purchase ferry tickets ahead of time or do we just get them that morning?

Purchase ahead of time for sure. You might be shut out if you wait. You’re leavng from Liberty State Park in NJ, correct? Usually not as busy as Batttery Park in Manhattan but purchase the time you want. 

54 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

Purchase ahead of time for sure. You might be shut out if you wait. You’re leavng from Liberty State Park in NJ, correct? Usually not as busy as Batttery Park in Manhattan but purchase the time you want. 

yes leaving from Liberty State Park.. If I can buy them now, I can't find them. I'm guessing maybe the schedule doesn't go that far yet? We aren't going until September.

Edited by Lovemymaggie