Possibly stupid question about Freestyle Soda

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Is it bad that I let the grandkids go all week long with never washing their cup?

I’m with you!  4 year old granddaughter is here before & after preschool.  She gets one cup for milk & one for juice.  They go back in the fridge  when she’s done with them.  Rinse & fill all week.  Dishwasher on Friday.  It won’t kill her!😁😁

17 hours ago, dcgrumpy said:

The difference is you own the cup, it's yours, so you wash it.

You could always skip the freestyle machines and get drinks from the bar. They'll give you a fresh glass. Or bring a small bottle of detergent and a sponge.

Me, I just rinse it in the cabin and let it air dry. I'm crazy like that. LOL

We have never used the plastic cups. They stay in the cabin. Sometimes they stay there at the end of the cruise, sometimes we take them home for the kids next door. Horrible things. Just order a soda. If in a bar, or restaurant they bring it in a glass, on deck in a plastic ' glass '.

Ps horrible cups, not next door kids🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

What doesn't kill them makes them stronger.  That is why kids kick ass on covid..

Unfortunately we know kids under ten who got very ill with covid and need to be hospitalized.  Fortunately, our young grandchildren have been vaccinated.  Not all kids "kick ass" on covid.  Yours might not be so lucky. 

• Like 1

i've been on 14 RCL cruises and never worried about washing my cup. Rinsed it maybe, but then what the hell I ate Viet Nam dirt and drank bomb crater water so I'm probably not the best one to ask.

SFMF!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, one9marine said:

i've been on 14 RCL cruises and never worried about washing my cup. Rinsed it maybe, but then what the hell I ate Viet Nam dirt and drank bomb crater water so I'm probably not the best one to ask.

SFMF!

Thank you for your service and sacrifices

To the OP:  Welcome back to cruising.  It may become a more frequent habit 🙂 I have a small travel size of dish detergent and a small approx 2" square sponge that I cut down from a regular size sponge.  I keep these in a ziplock bag in my travel bag.  I use them in any stateroom/hotel room to wash out aforementioned cups, reusable water bottles, yeti tumblers, etc. on every trip.  

As needed, I simply refill the small bottle of detergent. 

It also helps out in a pinch to wash out greasy stains, 🙂

Edited by D41

You could take it to any bar and ask them to please wash it for you. Don't they have the rinse sink in each one?  I'd toss a small tip in with that.

We always wash ours in the cabin sink and let it air dry overnight.

On 5/7/2022 at 6:23 AM, zap99 said:

We have never used the plastic cups. They stay in the cabin. Sometimes they stay there at the end of the cruise, sometimes we take them home for the kids next door. Horrible things. Just order a soda. If in a bar, or restaurant they bring it in a glass, on deck in a plastic ' glass '.

Ps horrible cups, not next door kids🤣

I like your way of thinking.  We will just order a soda, when we need one.  I’m not interested in keeping up with a plastic cup while on vacation.

• Haha 1