Le Petite Chef Price Difference.

Virgo61

I currently have a reservation on the Constellation for July 2022. My husband and I are treating our children to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary (actually in 2020). I looked at the price for Le Petite Chef and it was quoted as $64.99 pp. I thought this sounded high so then I checked our reservation for January 2023 on the Silhouette and the same restaurant was quoted at $55 pp, which I believe to be the standard price. Has anyone on the Constellation paid $64.99? Why would it be nearly $10 more on one ship?

19 minutes ago, Virgo61 said:

I currently have a reservation on the Constellation for July 2022. My husband and I are treating our children to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary (actually in 2020). I looked at the price for Le Petite Chef and it was quoted as $64.99 pp. I thought this sounded high so then I checked our reservation for January 2023 on the Silhouette and the same restaurant was quoted at $55 pp, which I believe to be the standard price. Has anyone on the Constellation paid $64.99? Why would it be nearly $10 more on one ship?

Greeting from Lake Wylie!

I believe if you complete the reservation for January 23 there will be a 18% gratuity added and I think the 18% is already added for the 64.99 (Same price for my June 2022 sailing) 

Someone mentioned there was a price increase at the end of April

Edited by Justprettynpink
  • Thanks 1

The Edge class ships have been more expensive for specialty dining than the others.  Playing catch-up maybe?  $65pp is pretty ridiculous though.  

1 hour ago, Virgo61 said:

More pricing data for you:

Le Petit Chef is $64.90 for our Oct 2022 Constellation TA.  That price was very recently raised from $55.00 (18% increase)

Exact same price as above along with the recent increase for our Nov 2023 Constellation TA.

However, our Christmas 2022 Equinox sailing has LPC priced right now at $55.00.  It has not suffered the recent price increase--yet.

Wonder if this would be a better value- Try looking into reserving a small specialty dining package (maybe 2 dinners) to see if the cost is much less per dinner. Yes, you'll likely spend a bit more per person but you'd all get a few dinners at least, which is a better value. For us a dining package is the only way to go. You could then reserve the meal days and times when you board asap. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Justprettynpink said:

Greeting from Lake Wylie!

I believe if you complete the reservation for January 23 there will be a 18% gratuity added and I think the 18% is already added for the 64.99 (Same price for my June 2022 sailing) 

Someone mentioned there was a price increase at the end of April

This answer makes sense to me. Thank you from right up the road in Ballantyne. I’ll check it out.

I sure miss Qsine too. It was always my favorite. I went through the process of putting the dinner in my cart on the Silhouette and sure enough they added a gratuity of 18%. Unfortunately there is no 2 dinner package on this sailing. The smallest is 2 dinners and a lunch. We’ll just bite the bullet and book Le Petite Chef since I think my granddaughter will enjoy it. We’ll wait until we’re on board.

49 minutes ago, XLVIII said:

We ate at Petite Chef on Millenium in November and very much enjoyed it. Not sure I’d pay $64 for it though. An 18% increase seems ridiculously high. 

As much as I hate to say it, you ain't seen nothing yet. We are only at the beginning of the pain.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

As much as I hate to say it, you ain't seen nothing yet. We are only at the beginning of the pain.

It only hurts if you stand in the way of the bus.  If the trend continues, I think a lot of people may begin to step aside.  If enough, X may conclude that $0 revenue isn't better than $55 revenue (or whatever number comes to the fore).  My limited experience for LPC hasn't shown that they pack the house at the old rates.

• Like 2

I started cruising on Disney 10 years ago where it was 18% charged for delivering a $40 package of bottled  water and even though tip included in up charge restaurants, most cruisers tipped in addition

now on a princess where bottled water $7 a package and i cant remember if a fee 

no service charge in upcharge or additional tipping AFAIK

next cruise is celebrity and planning on LPC  again as in January

novelty and amusement will still be enough for me to book for my daughter to experience once or twice (2 different performance menus)

My mom and i enjoyed LPC very much, both performances, on January cruise

it brought such a smile to her face 

as she losing access to simple joys due to mobility problems, i was so happy to  have such a fun opportunity for her to enjoy in a wheelchair

especially after the covid social isolation and boredom year and a half

• Like 1