No excursions for Fort De France, Martinique?

Z'Loth

I'm starting to plan out what I'm going to do for the 10 Night Ultimate Southern Caribbean this fall. According to the itinerary, these are the ports of call:

• Day 4 - St. Johns, Antigua
  • Day 5 - Castries, St. Lucia
  • Day 6 - Bridgetown, Barbados
  • Day 7 - Fort De France, Martinique
  • Day 8 - Basseterre, St Kitts & Nevis

Of these ports, Celebrity isn't listing any excursions for Fort De France, Martinique at this time. Maybe I shouldn't worry this much, but with the cruise just over 140 days away, I'm surprised that there aren't any offerings for this port of call. 

2 hours ago, Z'Loth said:

I'm starting to plan out what I'm going to do for the 10 Night Ultimate Southern Caribbean this fall. According to the itinerary, these are the ports of call:

• Day 4 - St. Johns, Antigua
  • Day 5 - Castries, St. Lucia
  • Day 6 - Bridgetown, Barbados
  • Day 7 - Fort De France, Martinique
  • Day 8 - Basseterre, St Kitts & Nevis

Of these ports, Celebrity isn't listing any excursions for Fort De France, Martinique at this time. Maybe I shouldn't worry this much, but with the cruise just over 140 days away, I'm surprised that there aren't any offerings for this port of call. 

If you are in Fort De France on a Sunday everything is closed.  We were there years ago on a Sunday and were only off the ship for a walk around a closed town.  It is on my list to do again because it was very beautiful.

I've been wondering the same thing! Not a peep on whether or not it will be a port call or not. Sure hope so as it's the main reason we booked this sailing. Martinique is a great island!

What a shame,...great port!

We did a great Celeb walking tour there,,,...maybe could be done on your own, even if only  to view outside of bldgs

There was a nice park,  food bistros, fort and  shops  in tented area right by the ship.,

Maybe u could visit a beach or get a pvt tour,  big plus if you speak French!

I think that right now Martinique is closed to cruise ships due to a Covid outbreak. Stops there around March 18 were cancelled. If you look at port schedules no ships are planned to dock there until the end of September.

On 2 previous stops there,  I have had great private tours with Karambole Tours (island tour / food tour), and Kata Mambo catamaran day sailing. I would recommend either one, depending on your interests. 

Of course there is no current post-Covid info, but based on a quick web search, they both appear to be still in business. 

• 1 month later...

This has happened on a few cruises we've been on since the restart.  Different places restart at different speeds.  It's not like flipping a switch, unfortunately.  Things will come around.