Getting an understanding of embarkation process and questions about life onboard the ship.

steve4031

I always print my luggage tags before I leave home. I keep an accordion folder with separate file folders for tickets, tags, tests, etc. (all preprinted). I keep the folder in my carry-on bag.

I have luggage tag holders I purchased from HAL in 2012 which remain on my bags at all times. Most of the time, they are empty. I put the tags in the holders on Boarding Day. I keep my vaccine cards (now double boosted, semi laminated with wide packing tape) in my wallet in my FRONT pocket on my khakis. My passport is always at hand as well.

I do not use my "smart" phone very much. I have technological issues with it. I do not want to become dependent on it as I watch others who cannot live without it (son, niece, nephews, etc.). Can it be fun? I am sure for some it can. Not me!

10 hours ago, Dismomx5 said:

I typically print everything off and have it all in one, easily accessible spot. I have a document folder in which to keep them all together.

One of the best purchase I made years ago we’re plastic luggage tags holders for the ship. I prepare them, toss them in my suitcase and then add them after I remove the airline tags. Very handy! 

Thanks for the tip on the plastic tags.  I never heard of those until now - is there any particular one you recommend?

image.thumb.png.39d642de2c50b7d39488592d9134e7f7.png

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

I always print my luggage tags before I leave home. I keep an accordion folder with separate file folders for tickets, tags, tests, etc. (all preprinted). I keep the folder in my carry-on bag.

I have luggage tag holders I purchased from HAL in 2012 which remain on my bags at all times. Most of the time, they are empty. I put the tags in the holders on Boarding Day. I keep my vaccine cards (now double boosted, semi laminated with wide packing tape) in my wallet in my FRONT pocket on my khakis. My passport is always at hand as well.

I do not use my "smart" phone very much. I have technological issues with it. I do not want to become dependent on it as I watch others who cannot live without it (son, niece, nephews, etc.). Can it be fun? I am sure for some it can. Not me!

I’ve had a smart phone for years and I would likely feel naked 😏without it but it’s not on me at all times.  I work with people that have theirs in their hands at all times.  That’s not me. I don’t understand about having to have it with you in the bathroom.  It’s more about the person, not the phone.

• Haha 1

The according Folder is a great idea.  I have a good system for my passport and airline tickets.  But having additional documents needed for a cruise and covid documentation makes everything a bit more daunting.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Thanks for the tip on the plastic tags.  I never heard of those until now - is there any particular one you recommend?

These are the ones I have and they are perfect, very durable and easy to use. We actually keep them on our luggage at all times as our flight tags and then just insert our cruise tags after the flight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

We have also used these...you can use a plastic tie to attach them if you don't want to use the metal...but take tags out after the cruise...I left mine in...and the ink transferred to the plastic making them unusable!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2