Move from TA to Celebrity Vacation Planner

Just found a sale on my cruise on March that was $700 cheaper per person. But the sale ended before I could get ahold of my travel agent.  (I saw it on the last day of the sale).  I am personally paying for 9 people to attend this cruise so that price drop was not insignificant.  I’m annoyed that my travel agent didn’t notice it  themselves. I don’t usually use TAs and book directly with my Celebrity CVP. Could I now transfer the booked cruise to them or will the TA hit me with a penalty fee?  I don’t want to bring it up with them until I have to. It’s a special occasion and I don’t want to lose these cabins. Afraid of what the TA might do. Am I being too passive here?

There is a form you can use to request price drops- can't you fill one out even if you have a TA? That at least would solve that part of the problem. My experience is that the prices go up and down very often so I would guess that the chances are that your good price will return. 

Edited by 5waldos

In order to move your booking from the TA it requires the TA to agree to release the booking and give up their commission.

if you have a TA who is totally MIA, is dishonest or consistently messing up you might make a case for having Celebrity take the reservation from the TA but that doesn’t sound like your situation.  Prices change frequently and not on every sailing occasionally our TA catches it but about 90% of the time  we see it and call the TA.

I agree that you could have just taken screen shots of the price reduction and submitted it to either your TA or Celebrity.    I did one myself earlier this week that was booked with a TA and they applied to credit to my booking.

As for your TA, none of us will be able to answer that question.   Some TA's have a penalty but most don't.   I would personally not book with one that charged a cancellation fee in addition to Celebrity.

You will have to either look at your booking confirmation from TA or call them and ask.   Most will work with you especially if you keep the reservation with them.

I just found a much better fare on my SS booking for September.   Since the ship is sold out and this was the only CC Cabin available (I currently have a Guarantee)  I put a hold on the cabin as my agent is closed for the weekend.   Tomorrow I will have him either change my existing booking or cancel and I will rebook and transfer it to him.

I just checked after putting the cabin on hold and the cruise is again showing fully sold out again.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1