Guarantee Oceanview ?

I booked a Guarantee Oceanview on our July cruise on the Serenade a few weeks ago.. There were vey few oceanview left when I booked so it didn't make sense to pay the premium to pick. We are now past final payment so  if I try to book, there is one oceanview available, no balconies and an Owners suite available along with several inside cabins. I know people can move around s bit with offers, but just trying to get an idea of what cabin we will be assigned worst or best case scenario. It's my first time with Royal and first time booking Guarantee. Do I understand that I can switch to a better category if the prices do down but don't have the option to make an offer on an upgrade (not that it looks like there is a lot of space?

We've booked several interior guarantees before. I've never tired to switch after being assigned a cabin b/c we've been fortunate enough to not have any issues with the locations so far. That said, my understanding is that you can ask to switch to another available cabin of the exact same category after assignment. I'm not sure about upgrading.

As far as checking for available cabins, keep in mind there are more available cabins than what you see on the RC website.

• Like 1

We’ve booked lots of guarantee cabins. Often, The guaranteed category wasn’t showing as available.

In EVERY case (at least 20 times), we received the category for which we were guaranteed, nothing higher nothing lower. 

Generally, at the point of getting the cabin, there are often none left in the assigned category.    We only take a guarantee when we don’t care about cabin location, only major category, such as a balcony or suite. 

Good luck.

m

We got an upgrade once... from interior to "virtual ocean view" woohoo!  🤣

Lemme tell ya, that monitor on the wall with an image of the ocean/sky really improved our cruise!

We obviously don't care about our cabin much. That said, if I ever get deck 3 I'll be calling to see if anything else is available. We have guarantees for a B2B in July so I probably just jinxed myself.

Edited by OCSC Mike

1 hour ago, familycruzinnewbie said:

I know people can move around s bit with offers, but just trying to get an idea of what cabin we will be assigned worst or best case scenario.

Once you check in at 45 days out, decode the bar code on your SetSail pass - it may indicate your cabin assignment.

14 minutes ago, familycruzinnewbie said:

What’s wrong with deck 3? We will probably be on a lower level for ocean view.

Nothing really, it's just farther away from the higher decks where we spend a decent amount of time.

We prefer to be somewhere around 9-10, in between the lower decks with stuff like the Promenade and Central Park (if Oasis-class) and the higher decks with the pool, Solarium, WJ, etc.

If we wind up on deck 3, we'll still have a great time. Just personal preference, it wouldn't ruin the cruise or anything.

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Once you check in at 45 days out, decode the bar code on your SetSail pass - it may indicate your cabin assignment.

Just learned that trick recently, definitely plan to. 👍