Flights by Celebrity

crusin'k

DH and I are on the Beyond TA sailing on Oct 12, 2022.  A few months ago, I made reservations on FBC for MIA to BCN on Oct 7 (going a few days early since we've heard Barcelona is beautiful).  Checked today on Celebrity's website just looking for flight costs and I got a quote that is $205 per person less than the fare I originally had.  I called FBC to get the price reduction since I have not yet paid for the flight and final payment for the cruise is not due for a few months.  The girl I spoke with essentially said that lower fare is for new cruise reservations only and when she pulled it up under my reservation number it actually shows a fare about $150 more than my original reservation.  I asked her how that could be and she did not have a good answer.

Has anyone else had this happen?  I tried calling my TA regarding this question but the office is closed until tomorrow. I hope the air fare does not go up before then  

21 minutes ago, crusin'k said:

DH and I are on the Beyond TA sailing on Oct 12, 2022.  A few months ago, I made reservations on FBC for MIA to BCN on Oct 7 (going a few days early since we've heard Barcelona is beautiful).  Checked today on Celebrity's website just looking for flight costs and I got a quote that is $205 per person less than the fare I originally had.  I called FBC to get the price reduction since I have not yet paid for the flight and final payment for the cruise is not due for a few months.  The girl I spoke with essentially said that lower fare is for new cruise reservations only and when she pulled it up under my reservation number it actually shows a fare about $150 more than my original reservation.  I asked her how that could be and she did not have a good answer.

Has anyone else had this happen?  I tried calling my TA regarding this question but the office is closed until tomorrow. I hope the air fare does not go up before then  

Yes, it happened to me.  Business class flights to Europe were on sale last September.  $700  per person cheaper for new bookings only.  So I cancelled our cruise and rebooked with the new airfare because it was worth it.

7 hours ago, jagoffee said:

You could test the theory if you want.  Celebrity allows you to have two bookings on the same cruise.  

is this a one way international flight?

Yes, it is a one-way flight Miami to Barcelona

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, crusin'k said:

We are on the same sailing. 🙂  When I saw the flight info, I called on Saturday and received the same response.  I did find it annoying that we could not take advantage of a lower rate.  The customer service rep did not understand either so he searched his files.  He found the info that a new booking must be made between May 7 and May 11 (dates may be off a little) to get the lower fares.  I am so glad he made the effort to look for me, but it doesn't take the sting away.  We would have given up our nonstop Delta flight from JFK for a $39 TAP from EWR with one stop in Lisbon! LOL

Just happened to me.  The rep claimed that the latest promo has a bigger airfare discount than the promo I booked under and unfortunately he couldn’t apply the greater discount.  

9 hours ago, amevola said:

We are on the same sailing. 🙂  When I saw the flight info, I called on Saturday and received the same response.  I did find it annoying that we could not take advantage of a lower rate.  The customer service rep did not understand either so he searched his files.  He found the info that a new booking must be made between May 7 and May 11 (dates may be off a little) to get the lower fares.  I am so glad he made the effort to look for me, but it doesn't take the sting away.  We would have given up our nonstop Delta flight from JFK for a $39 TAP from EWR with one stop in Lisbon! LOL

Yup, that's the way we feel but, oh well....

Thanks for the reply.  Maybe we'll run into each other on board.  We are also doing the next leg (after hanging out in Jersey City for 2 days) to eventually disembark at Port Everglades

• Like 1

Oh the games that we must play, not to mention all the hoops to jump through.  I could not even book biz class fare with CA, so I booked with United myself for Polaris and great times too.  I just could not play the game of being on hold, then being told how sorry they were that there were still no biz class fares available.  I was told that the airfare sale(s) had nothing to do with my cruise...interesting!  My DH and I fly from the west coast, so that may be the reason.  We originally had extra leg room, but then United cancelled that and returned our money.  Celebrity can only do what the airlines say due to them being a consolidator.  Before Covid, I had no issues with biz class one-way or r/t.  We booked our b2b when the cruises were first released and pricing was so much less with a few price drops included.

Edited by Lastdance