NY Excelsior Plus Pass

railman

Is the NY Excelsior Plus Pass acceptable at the port (In California) or do we need the original paper vaccination cards?  I asked this question in the COVID topic but received no answers.

When it comes to what Princess says on their website or on the app...I don't trust.  I bring my passport, my hard copy vaccination card, and printed copy of covid pre-cruise lab results.  

Does it have a QR code that can be scanned?   We here in Calif have a similar registry which has a QR code that can be scanned.   I still bring my vaccination cards as it seems to work better (for me anyway).

Here is what Princess website says:

Screenshot_20220508-223402_Chrome.thumb.jpg.73ddb67f5a8209963a7d08e08fab94d3.jpg

In my case, my printed Excelsior pass shows the dates and type of vax, but the app does not show that info, it only shows that I've had three. I haven't scanned my pass QR code to see what it displays or if it works. I suggest you check what the QR code scan displays before you rely on it. 

Separately from boarding, I was recently in Canada and I had to show proof of vax to eat indoors. Only half of the restaurants we visited had QR scanners, the rest wanted to see the CDC card. So depending on the policies of the countries you visit, your CDC card might be needed too.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.  It does have a QR code and shows all the vaccination doses.  It shows dates, where they were administered, and lot numbers.  Will probably bring the paper copy as a back up.

• Like 1

This is my thought:

I bring my vaccine card in case I drop my phone overboard or lose it.

I bring my State issued vaccine record with my QR code in case I lose my vaccine card.

I'd rather be safe than sorry....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MJC said:

Here is what Princess website says:

Screenshot_20220508-223402_Chrome.thumb.jpg.73ddb67f5a8209963a7d08e08fab94d3.jpg

In my case, my printed Excelsior pass shows the dates and type of vax, but the app does not show that info, it only shows that I've had three. I haven't scanned my pass QR code to see what it displays or if it works. I suggest you check what the QR code scan displays before you rely on it. 

Separately from boarding, I was recently in Canada and I had to show proof of vax to eat indoors. Only half of the restaurants we visited had QR scanners, the rest wanted to see the CDC card. So depending on the policies of the countries you visit, your CDC card might be needed too.

Tap on the image of your Excelsior Pass, the second screen has your QR code, and a spot to tap for vaccination details, the details include Date of vacination, Type, the Vacination site and lot number for your vacine.  Everything you need is available in the APP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeD4134 said:

Tap on the image of your Excelsior Pass, the second screen has your QR code, and a spot to tap for vaccination details, the details include Date of vacination, Type, the Vacination site and lot number for your vacine.  Everything you need is available in the APP

This helped.  I went to the Excelsior Pass site on my phone and was able now to get my  Excelsior Pass Plus.  Now it shows my boosters.

19 hours ago, railman said:

Thanks for the replies.  It does have a QR code and shows all the vaccination doses.  It shows dates, where they were administered, and lot numbers.  Will probably bring the paper copy as a back up.

I did the exact same thing in January with the Excelsior Pass Plus and I had no difficulty at all.  My only suggestion is that you print out the pass plus and let them scan that lest you have an issue bringing it up on a phone or tablet.  Enjoy your cruise.   🙂

6 hours ago, MikeD4134 said:

Thank you! I had no idea. Now I can see that my most recent booster is missing and can address it.

13 hours ago, MJC said:

Thank you! I had no idea. Now I can see that my most recent booster is missing and can address it.

Vaccinations won't always appear in the Excelsior Pass Plus.  NYS doesn't count vaccinations which were given out of state or from non-NYS Health Department regulated providers.  You may have to jump through some hoops to get the booster shot on there.  

53 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

I can only find my first two shots.  I entered the two booster yesterday.  They showed up then.  Closed the app, reopened it and now I don't see the boosters.  Any way to find them again?

How did you enter the boosters yourself?  Are you talking about the New York Excelsior Pass Plus?  I had understood the Health Department needs to do that data entry after your health care provider updates your record in the state vaccination data base.

It can take up to three days for Excelsior Pass Plus to show any boosters.  The original Excelsior Pass won't show any boosters.

Edited by Daniel A

48 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

How did you enter the boosters yourself?  Are you talking about the New York Excelsior Pass Plus?  I had understood the Health Department needs to do that data entry after your health care provider updates your record in the state vaccination data base.

It can take up to three days for Excelsior Pass Plus to show any boosters.  The original Excelsior Pass won't show any boosters.

I had a notice to get the Plus pass. I all ready had the other pass.  I follow the instructions, put in name, DOB and date of last shot (not booster).  Then a page came up showing when  when I had the boosters.  All the info about my two boosters came up.  Then I closed the app, reopened it and the boosters don't show now. 

I GOT it (I think)  I did the plus pass again.  It then told me to save into my wallet.  But it also said my phone could not support the save.  I click it any how.  It seems to be saved.  I will now close the app and see what happens.

1 hour ago, geocruiser said:

I GOT it (I think)  I did the plus pass again.  It then told me to save into my wallet.  But it also said my phone could not support the save.  I click it any how.  It seems to be saved.  I will now close the app and see what happens.

I have an older Amazon Fire Tablet.  It could download the original Excelsior Pass but it can't get the Pass Plus.  A newer tablet has the Pass Plus downloaded and it shows everything on that one.

Glad for you that it seems to be resolved.  🙂

• Like 1