Wind Surf boarding in Venice location

We are boarding in Venice today, May 9. Docs read San Basilio terminal, so we walked over to it yesterday.  A beautiful riverboat style ship was there, but they were leaving prior to the Surf's arrival. 

Checking this morning on marine traffic, the Surf is at a different terminal here in Venice.  Have not been notified by Windstar of any change. Will they move prior to noon embark?

Please keep us posted on your cruise! We were originally on the September 2021 cruise, switched to this cruise but changed again to September 2022. Can’t wait to hear all about it!

6 hours ago, curmudgeon98 said:

Hopefully St Pete is onboard now, but I have seen in some cases that Venice boarding docs may indicate the Port Agent address of the office in San Basilio, rather than the actual check-in or dock location.  

Yes, after walking from Basilio to terminal 108, which is where the large cruise ships use to dock.

My large bag suffered a broken wheel, however, and hope the onboard person can repair it before debarking in Barcelona. 

The Surf has just 186 guests aboard this segment, so nice for us. The sailaway from Venice was beautiful. 

20220509_184156.jpg

20220509_182918.jpg

20220509_183620.jpg

20220509_184042.jpg

What great pictures thank you, it brought on my great memories of sailing out of Venice. Perhaps now since the huge ships are not allowed the pier has changed. Happy Sailing

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We had two deck cookouts on our back to back cruise. Most of the days were picture perfect, enabling the use of the Verandah. Candles is not pleasant when it is windy. I suggested to Gede,  the new matre'd, they use the open Verandah only when not sailing, and use Stella when at sea. 

The Surf has  open bridge wings, so you can observe the Captain and officers when entering and leaving port.

20220515_062108.jpg

20220511_071351.jpg