Australian visa turn-around time

MoneyGuy

1 hour ago, Semi Retired said:

And what about ppl that don't have a cell phone?

You are able to use the app on an iPad if you have one. If you don't have a mobile phone or iPad please read the link below for an Australian ETA. 

Important information about the ETA
If you are unable to use the app, you can apply online through ImmiAccount for another visa that suits your needs.

If you are unable to use the app

Edited by possum52

On 12/1/2022 at 5:10 PM, travelersjoy said:

Trash Queen -  I'm glad to know we aren't the only ones having trouble with the NZ eta.  We have tried both the app and the website, even though that costs more, and neither my husband nor myself have been able to make it through the process.  I'm hoping others have good suggestions!

My wife and I did it a few days ago for both Australia and NZ.  What a pain!  For taking a photo of the passport page, it was not at all obvious it just needed the info at the bottom of the page, and not of the whole page.  In addition, it seemed very sensitive to glare from room lights.  What ultimately worked was very little room light.

Then the NFC worked fine for my wife's passport but not for mine.  I must have tried 20 times moving the phone around the passport until it found the right spot.  In addition, only one of our phones even has NFC support...we would never consider enabling it for purchases or other things, so we didn't even know about this feature.  I am shocked it is required for this visa process to work.

In the end, we got both our visas for both counties in just a few minutes after submitting them.

• 2 weeks later...

I applied for and recieved eVisitor(651) visas for both my wife and myself online and they were approved in less than 5 minutes. You need to create an immi account and can then apply for a visa for all in your party from there easy peasy.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/evisitor-651

no apps required.

Edited by JBare

Apologies, it seems being from the UK we are lucky as it seems US or Canadian passport holders may not be able to apply for this particular visa eVisitor(651). Many countries in Europe can but they can't.

Edited by JBare