NCL Getaway cancelling multiple cruises?

Biffire

56 minutes ago, Biffire said:

Has anyone heard anything about NCL Getaway cancelling cruises from June 14th to October 9th?

Yes got the email this morning.  10% off FCC for another cruise.  Don't know where the Getaway will be going now?  We booked this so long ago but I am not surprised they cancelled as it was supposed to go to St. Petersburg.  Booked it because it has single cabins and we had two singles joining us.

Edited by hoopslover

We just got our notice of cancellations by email for the Getaway in April 2023.  So it seems to be alot longer that October this year that cruises are cancelled.

As part of our commitment to delivering extraordinary vacation experiences around the world, and due to the escalated situation between Russia and Ukraine, we've made the difficult decision to cancel Norwegian Getaway sailings from April 15 through and including October 26, 2023. We share your disappointment and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, but also hope you can understand the necessity of this action

Looking like they pulled the Getaway Baltics for 2023 gone from the booking engine

That leaves a gap to fill and not a lot of places to go.

Princess have done well sticking ships out of the UK round trip this year.

The Getaway’s Baltic cruises  for 2022 only include trips up to June 14.  Then she

58 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

To be clear, this refers to the GETAWAY Baltic cruises in 2023 (since OP does not mention the year).

The 2022 Baltic cruises are not cancelled (at this moment), but only have other alternative ports substituting St Petersburg.

2022:  Only until Mid June.   Then the Getaway heads back across the Atlantic for the rest of the season.  The Dawn remains in the Baltic visiting other ports. . So the rest of the Baltic season on the Getaway is canceled.  That change happened in mid March. 

2023:  Dawn and Prima now currently offer bookings for the 2023 season in Northern Europe with more of an emphasis on the British Isles, Iceland, Ireland and Greenland.  The Getaway cancellations happened this week, now just being reported. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Biffire said:

Has anyone heard anything about NCL Getaway cancelling cruises from June 14th to October 9th?

You just heard about this?!
i knew this weeks ago from when Russia invaded Ukraine. 

NCL changed Getaway's summer intinery early April, i think. 

NCL canceled all Russia cruises and is bringing the Getaway back to USA starting June.

The transatlantic from Copenhagen to NY is CHEAP! (but it's only 1 port, ponta Delgada, Portugal and a whole bunch of sea days)

Shocked people are discovering this now.

Also shocked that ncl is telling people now since they knew months ahead of time!

Edited by fstuff1

5 hours ago, milolii said:

The Getaway’s Baltic cruises  for 2022 only include trips up to June 14.  Then she

2022:  Only until Mid June.   Then the Getaway heads back across the Atlantic for the rest of the season.  The Dawn remains in the Baltic visiting other ports. . So the rest of the Baltic season on the Getaway is canceled.  That change happened in mid March. 

2023:  Dawn and Prima now currently offer bookings for the 2023 season in Northern Europe with more of an emphasis on the British Isles, Iceland, Ireland and Greenland.  The Getaway cancellations happened this week, now just being reported. 

I was going to sail on The Getaway Trans Atlantic April 2023, now cancelled so I looked at Dawn Trans Atlantic, almost $5K pp in a balcony before taxes and port fees which will put it over $10K for two in a balcony, I'll pass

8 hours ago, njkate said:

I was going to sail on The Getaway Trans Atlantic April 2023, now cancelled so I looked at Dawn Trans Atlantic, almost $5K pp in a balcony before taxes and port fees which will put it over $10K for two in a balcony, I'll pass

Lol.. wait a week before sail.

It'll drop to $50/day for insides. (Plus port fees/taxes and tips)

I've been sailing ncl since 2014.

Without fail this has happened on transatlantics from NY.

• Like 2

I am booked on the Getaway, for a July cruise. When they cancelled the Baltic cruises we jumped on the cruises out of port Canaveral. Wifey saw a post on FB that made it look like they were cancelling the 2022 season. I am glad they are not, as we are looking forward to returning to the Getaway.

25 minutes ago, Viajera7 said:

My September 2023 cruise was canceled too but I was not surprised due to the current situation in Ukraine. I wished they had substituted ports.

They haven’t substituted ports because the real reason for cancelling is that they don’t have the bookings to support two ships in the Baltics. The Dawn is still there at the moment.

They should really offer to transfer people to the Dawn, but that isn’t how NCL works.