15 hours ago, tiger45 said:

Has anyone encountered rough seas in October on cruises from Madeira to Brazil? I'm planning to cruise from Turkey to Brazil from 8 October to 2 November....

Barring any unforeseen storms…you should have smooth sailing.  The Med and the southern route should be pretty calm at that time of year.  Don’t forget the Bonine just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

Barring rough seas you should have smooth seas :).   By the way, can you tell me if there will be any clouds over your home on July 5?    I am making light of the OP's question (we often see similar questions here on CC) because the very obvious answer is that there is no way to predict (beyond a few days) future sea conditions.  As is often said, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Hank

Thanks Cole, CGT and Hlitner. I totally understand - one cannot really predict and we shall definitely come fully equipped!! Glad to know though that there can be smooth seas. We have done the Indian Ocean,  the Mediterranean and Persian Gulf previously. 😀

The roughest seas that I have experienced have not been on the Atlantic.  The northern Pacific Ocean can be rough, but, sailing at the tail end of a typhoon will provide quite a "ride".  Then, there is the infamous Tasman Sea.  I have sailed it when King Neptune was having a good day and when his Majesty was rather upset.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tiger45 said:

Thanks Cole, CGT and Hlitner. I totally understand - one cannot really predict and we shall definitely come fully equipped!! Glad to know though that there can be smooth seas. We have done the Indian Ocean,  the Mediterranean and Persian Gulf previously. 😀

Another factor when sailing the southern Atlantic.  The ship can be steered away from storms.

• Like 2

I just did a 15 night Transatlantic NY to Barcelona in April. Was smoother than most of my Caribbean sailings out of NY. Had one night was kind of stormy and I slept great. I like the rocking. 

On 5/23/2022 at 5:36 PM, rkacruiser said:

The roughest seas that I have experienced have not been on the Atlantic.  The northern Pacific Ocean can be rough, but, sailing at the tail end of a typhoon will provide quite a "ride".  Then, there is the infamous Tasman Sea.  I have sailed it when King Neptune was having a good day and when his Majesty was rather upset.  

Five "like glass" transatlantics although the Med in the fall was rocky on two. My worst was in the northern Pacific. My first and only case of seasickness.

• Thanks 1