Alcohol in Penthouse Verandah Mini Fridge

sabrefan

Taking a cruise on Orion in about 30 days and we are booked in Penthouse Verandah cabin. Just wondering how many bottles spirits and cans of beers are in this mini fridge? We will wait until we are on board to decide to buy the silver spirits or not. We are wondering if the cabin steward will fill the mini fridge with our personal choices of spirits and or beer? Certainly appreciate any experiences from others. We have only sailed on Viking once before and in Deluxe Verandah cabin.

• Like 1

Not sure about the beer but they will certainly fill with your choice of spirits and “soft” drinks. There are four small (airplane size) spirits … gin, vodka, whiskey, and something else … we requested just gin and tonic and one Diet Coke.  They happily complied!  

• Like 2

On our last PV cruise our fridge was stocked with 2 cans of Carlsburg beer, one of each gin, rum, vodka and whiskey, 2 cans of each coke, sprite and tonic water.  Plus the nice bottle of champagne.  You wont get another champagne bottle but you can request what kind of liquor, soda and beer you want.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

On our last PV cruise our fridge was stocked with 2 cans of Carlsburg beer, one of each gin, rum, vodka and whiskey, 2 cans of each coke, sprite and tonic water.  Plus the nice bottle of champagne.  You wont get another champagne bottle but you can request what kind of liquor, soda and beer you want.

What other beer choices?

Be aware that you can request all of one liquor or some mix of four,; however, they are not brands many would ask for.  You cannot get your own brand.  Only the variety.  My brother in law likes Tanqueray but only Smirnoff was offered in the mini-bar.

14 minutes ago, PRH said:

Be aware that you can request all of one liquor or some mix of four,; however, they are not brands many would ask for.  You cannot get your own brand.  Only the variety.  My brother in law likes Tanqueray but only Smirnoff was offered in the mini-bar.

Aren't they two different animals?

2 hours ago, duquephart said:

What other beer choices?

I thought I downloaded the Sample Bar menu at one point but cannot find it.  On MVJ under On Board Experience, then Dining & Beverage, then Silver Spirits Beverage Package (Learn More), there is a Sample Menu.  We like a Porter and Dark beer and requested those.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

I thought I downloaded the Sample Bar menu at one point but cannot find it.  On MVJ under On Board Experience, then Dining & Beverage, then Silver Spirits Beverage Package (Learn More), there is a Sample Menu.  We like a Porter and Dark beer and requested those.

Didn't know that. No more Carlsberg for me!

16 minutes ago, duquephart said:

Also you can do a search for bar menus under my name. I posted them from all venues during our Iceland cruise last July.  Aquavit probably has the most complete offerings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, duquephart said:

Our room steward told us to just call Room Service if we want a different beer.  I told him why should i do that and wait the 15-20 minutes for delivery when i can come back from an excursion, grab the cold beer that I want from my fridge immediately, and go on my private balcony to drink it.  He couldn't fault that logic and 2 porter beers appeared in our fridge daily.  (But only if we drank them from the previous day.  We never got 4 per day.)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, janetcbl said:

Also bottles of wine can be substituted for the liquor (don’t know if you can request both).

We asked for a bottle of wine instead of the liquor. Our cabin attendant left the liquor but gave us a bottle of wine, too. He did forget to give us wine glasses, so we just used our water glasses. 

• Like 1

Just now, H2Otstr said:

We asked for a bottle of wine instead of the liquor. Our cabin attendant left the liquor but gave us a bottle of wine, too. He did forget to give us wine glasses, so we just used our water glasses. 

Did you have any choice in the bottle of wine? Or was it just “red or white”? 

Did they bring you a new bottle each day?

1 minute ago, Twitchly said:

He asked if we wanted red or white, and you can tell him what kind of white you want. Not sure about the red choices. We didn’t drink most of it so we didn’t need more than one bottle. I imagine they will replenish whatever you drink. Just leave a note if you don’t see the cabin attendant. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Twitchly said:

We were on Orion a few weeks ago. 

We also requested to change the liquor to red wine.  The first night at turndown a bottle of red wine appeared.  She never took the liquor away. 

We didn’t request a specific red wine, so I’m not sure if that is possible. 

Some days we drank the full bottle and some days we didn’t.  Anytime the bottle was empty or less than half full, she brought a new one. 

The first night she forgot the wine glasses so we just used water glasses.  But she realized it the next day.  Every day after that, she brought new water glasses and new wine glasses. 

• Like 2

On 5/11/2022 at 11:59 AM, janetcbl said:

Also bottles of wine can be substituted for the liquor (don’t know if you can request both).

That was definitely not our experience. They would not bring bottles of wine. You could call room service and order as many glasses as you wanted (if you have the SBP) but they would not stock your fridge with a bottle of wine. At cocktail hour we would call room service and order four glases of wine. We would put two in the fridge while we drank the first glasses.

Edited by KathyA

1 hour ago, KathyA said:

That was definitely not our experience. They would not bring bottles of wine. You could call room service and order as many glasses as you wanted (if you have the SBP) but they would not stock your fridge with a bottle of wine. At cocktail hour we would call room service and order four glases of wine. We would put two in the fridge while we drank the first glasses.

Was this a penthouse veranda room?