72 hour test required prior to boarding.

Hawaiidan

Ok......  I  am trying to figure how to do this...     I have 2 cruises  in August and sept

Here is my question.     It takes 24 hours  here in SO Cal  to get tested and  then get results.        The problem is the test would be 96 hoirs and best before my boarding as I have to fly in  the day before the cruise    arriving  anywhere between   120 in AMS to 18  BCN hours prior to the cruise.... NOT considering the 24 hours I need to take a test prior to the flight !        Compounding this is that the testing would have to be done as much as 3 days prior  to even that  owing to the weekend.

I can test the prior week thus.... not sooner unless they have some teating at AMS  airport ot  BCN airport ot  pier.       As a double safety, I would take a test before departing here in the USA to make sure I was good.        What can I do?     Will O have testing at check in?      

And Yes I realize these cruises are    3-4 months away and everything can change...   I just need advice on how to proceed...    I will mot have a cell phone or internet connection in europe    so that is out........         What is or has your ecperience/advice been

43 minutes ago, no fuss travel said:

We had our test late Friday and boarded in Barcelona late Zmonday afternoon their time. No problems at all

Ok.......WHERE?????     I arrive in BCN at 3pm    on a wednsday.... the ship  boards thursday at noon.

Where and HOW is the question......

We had a test at a Community Site (a San Diego County Public Health Center) on a  4/22/22, Friday afternoon, on Sunday (4/24/22) we traveled by Amtrak to Los Angles Union Station, Lyft ride to San Pedro, CA and boarded the Regatta Sunday afternoon. Except for driving to Escondido, it was almost as easy as using the now closed CVS Minute Clinics. 

I believe I have read where several people have been able to take the test in Barcelona.....you may contact your hotel and ask if they have information on a rapid COVID test near their location.  We took the proctored COVID tests with us and did the test in our hotel room using the hotel WIFI   Had the results sent via email and text within 15 minutes of taking the test.

• Like 2

We are on the June 15 Riviera cruise out of Rome, and have a similar problem in that we are flying from Phoenix, AZ to Rome.  Leaving on a Sunday evening, cruise boards Wednesday.  Depending on interpretation, could be +/- the 72 hours stated in the guideline.  Decided tonight to go with the Inspire option offered by Oceania and are having test kits mailed to us.  We will then take them on arrival in Rome at some point, and just make sure we schedule a time compatible.  Hoping that works out.  Also bought additional kits so we can do the same when we arrive in Barcelona, as we are staying the day after getting off, so the ship test will not be within the required timeframe.

7 hours ago, basor said:

I believe I have read where several people have been able to take the test in Barcelona.....you may contact your hotel and ask if they have information on a rapid COVID test near their location.  We took the proctored COVID tests with us and did the test in our hotel room using the hotel WIFI   Had the results sent via email and text within 15 minutes of taking the test.

I just got wort that the rapid  test in BCN  is costing 160E pp,,,,,,ok    thats a deal breaker. like one more straw    .....Will wait to cruise till later in the year. or next year...    I found that at AMS  that the rapid test was 29E pp.... for my Sept/October cruise....  so thats a keeper..... I fly out of Palm Springs  so no airport testing        and Also SNA    which has rapid testing cheap for flight.............       Now, I am also hoping that in 4 more months all that sillyness will be history ............THanks all     

5 hours ago, comcox said:

Plenty of places to get your Covid test in Barcelona: https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/covid/covid-test-in-barcelona.html

5 hours ago, comcox said:

Plenty of places to get your Covid test in Barcelona: https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/covid/covid-test-in-barcelona.html

obscene pricing..... compared t the rest to europe

We have used this clinic many times. Creu blanca in Barcelona address C. Pelayo 40, 08001

It cost 40 Euros, results for antigen test within 20 minutes. google the address. Easy to find. Right near Playa Catalunya, near Hotel Leo. website Pelai.creu-blanca.es   March 28th cruise Lisbon to Barcelona. Long story, but I tested negative on the ship(Sunday). Disembarked the next day.  Tested Positive on Wednesday , I was flying out the next day. Sent my wife on home, she tested positive the day after she got home. I finally made it home April 14th. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

I just got wort that the rapid  test in BCN  is costing 160E pp,,,,,,ok    thats a deal breaker. like one more straw    .....Will wait to cruise till later in the year. or next year...    I found that at AMS  that the rapid test was 29E pp.... for my Sept/October cruise....  so thats a keeper..... I fly out of Palm Springs  so no airport testing        and Also SNA    which has rapid testing cheap for flight.............       Now, I am also hoping that in 4 more months all that sillyness will be history ............THanks all     

Dan;

Just go to Emed and buy proctored kits to take with. Then test at your hotel over wifi. A heck of a lot cheaper and under your control.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

Dan;

Just go to Emed and buy proctored kits to take with. Then test at your hotel over wifi. A heck of a lot cheaper and under your control.

I seem to recall @Hawaiidansaying that  he doesn't have a smartphone and refuses to get one, so one of the internet proctored tests may not an option for him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

obscene pricing..... compared t the rest to europe

Depending upon who your healthcare provider is, you might get reimbursed for the cost of your test.  We needed rapid PCR tests for entry into French Polynesia in March.  They required a test within 24 hours of boarding our flight.  The only local option that I could find charged $200 per person -- obscene, in my opinion but it was necessary.  I submitted a request for reimbursement from my provider (Kaiser) and they paid for the tests without question.  I had a check within a week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have used this clinic twice in Barcelona.   Usually have results in 2-3 hours.

https://turoparkmedical.com/covid-test-in-barcelona/

The actual collection site is Coll Garces Lab just a few steps from the Rocafort metro stop.

I logged on to results site and printed results in the business center of my  hotel.

Joe 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I seem to recall @Hawaiidansaying that  he doesn't have a smartphone and refuses to get one, so one of the internet proctored tests may not an option for him.

8 hours ago, JoePDX said:

I have used this clinic twice in Barcelona.   Usually have results in 2-3 hours.

The actual collection site is Coll Garces Lab just a few steps from the Rocafort metro stop.

I logged on to results site and printed results in the business center of my  hotel.

Joe 

Correct.....  I dont have a "smart" gizmo...    and while this is a  case when it might have been useful.... I would never find any other uses for one and to pay thousands t have something that to me is seldom ever used.       While it is not techy.... there are other solutions.   

I do thank you all for your suggestions...   I guess One reason I do  not want  one is that I have seen the  tremendous social and cultural  damage  they have done  to peoples lives and I dont want to be part of that..

17 hours ago, JoePDX said:

Joe 

Did similar in Amsterdam last month.  Test clinic was 100 meters from the hotel and hotel provided us with the concierge's email address.  Had the results before we got back to the hotel.  Easy.

7 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Hotels have "business centers" with Internet access.

Internet access alone isn't sufficient.  You need a Webcam, microphone and a speaker or headphones because video and audio communications are part of the process. 

3 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Did similar in Amsterdam last month.  Test clinic was 100 meters from the hotel and hotel provided us with the concierge's email address.  Had the results before we got back to the hotel.  Easy.

There are testing's in the AMS airport    cheap.     If you stay at the Sheraton at the airport  its an easy access...... No need to go into madness of central AMS..   ( Iprefer to stay outside of town and drive around the countryside...)

5 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Can you give me the name and address of the test clinic you used in Amsterdam? I have a cruise that ends there and I need to get tested before flying home to the US on Aug. 29. I am staying at a VRBO apartment in central Amsterdam. Thanks.

Edited by susiesan

Stayed at the Sheraton at MXP last week. Through the glass doors in the lobby, had a Rapid Antigen Test for 40 Euros. Got the results in 10 mins. Then took the elevator to the hotel bar/resto and had an Aperol Spritz and went "Whew, that was easy". Crazy thing though, no one asked for or looked at our test results or that silly ATTESTATION form. Not when boarding in Milan, not when arriving and departing LHR or PHX. 

PS/ATMs in Spain are not tourist friendly.....depending on the bank, the fee charged is waaaay higher than we're use to. We waited to get to France before getting Euros from an ATM and just used our no transaction fee credit card while in Spain (3 ports).

9 minutes ago, vaitape said:

Crazy thing though, no one asked for or looked at our test results or that silly ATTESTATION form. Not when boarding in Milan, not when arriving and departing LHR or PHX. 

Same thing when we came back from Prague last month. Six pages of CDC forms that we were told to fill out before our departing flight that no one looked at there or in Orlando.