Testing eliminated (?) during your 14+ day cruise

StrawberryHill

1 hour ago, Manderius said:

Spoke with someone that is currently on Rome to Barcelona on the Regal wason 21day and they onky tested on embarkation, nothing since and now day 15 on last 6 days 

Thank you for the update.  We board the Regal on October 26th for 37 days and are hoping the b2b tests are gone by then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

We are on Regal, embarked BCN on May 21st, and have not been tested.

Boarding on the Regal in Athens on June 4th, hope no cases are noted currently. Also what is the capacity looking like? 

3 hours ago, JandJ Cruisers said:

WOWZZ.   I know you don’t reach Athens until next Saturday but could  you possibly let us know , when you know, if you have to have a Covid test done on the ship before it docks in Athens. 
Thank you.

Will do, hopefully.

48 minutes ago, bwmfire36 said:

Boarding on the Regal in Athens on June 4th, hope no cases are noted currently. Also what is the capacity looking like? 

2,300 last week, 2800 this week.

There are Covid cases aboard, in quarantine cabins, but no idea as to actual numbers. 

No mask wearing, no social distancing, you can sit at bars etc. So, back to normal.

On 5/29/2022 at 2:51 PM, wowzz said:

Will do, hopefully.

Hello. We are on the Regal 21 night sailing from Barcelona to Barcelona leaving on August 13. Would also like to know if anyone one else has cruised this itinerary, at what point, if any testing was done.

39 minutes ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Hello. We are on the Regal 21 night sailing from Barcelona to Barcelona leaving on August 13. Would also like to know if anyone one else has cruised this itinerary, at what point, if any testing was done.

FWIW my plan is to post a “Live from” thread when we’re on our 21 day cruise from Barcelona to Barcelona in July on the Regal, so I’ll definitely be posting our experiences. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

FWIW my plan is to post a “Live from” thread when we’re on our 21 day cruise from Barcelona to Barcelona in July on the Regal, so I’ll definitely be posting our experiences. 

Looking forward to it.

Thank you 🙂 

On 5/29/2022 at 7:41 PM, Ace_Caliente said:

What even happens when you show up at the pier - do you just hand over printed test results and they look at them as part of everything else at check in? What about the emailed message on your phone?

As long as you have as a minimum your passport, original CDC vaccination cards, to include any required boosters, and a paper copy of your negative C19 test, you should be fine. It would also be helpful to have the required check-in sections in the cruise line App filled out. 

I’m not sure we would feel comfortable showing up with just photos of the documents in our phone and assume they would be acceptable. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I’m not sure we would feel comfortable showing up with just photos of the documents in our phone and assume they would be acceptable. 

That would make me very nervous too!

• Like 2

Best to have paper back-up if needed.  What if you lose/break your phone on your way to the ship?

The posters on this board that told us to carry paper copies of our passports are lifesavers. DH lost his passport on the way to Italy. The paper copy enabled him to get a replacement in less than 24 hours. It was nothing short of miraculous, to say the least. 

• Like 1

Just to say that as of today, Friday June 3rd at 10am, we have been given no information regarding testing prior to our disembarkation in Athen tomorrow.

Can't see it happening at this late stage.

• Thanks 2

WOWZZ.  Many thanks for letting us know about the Covid testing, it is much appreciated.  If (and only IF) you hear of anyone getting tested who are staying on the ship until Barcelona, perhaps you would be kind enough to let us know, Thanks.

Have a safe journey home and Good Luck when you get back to the chaotic Airports here in the UK.

1 hour ago, JandJ Cruisers said:

WOWZZ.  Many thanks for letting us know about the Covid testing, it is much appreciated.  If (and only IF) you hear of anyone getting tested who are staying on the ship until Barcelona, perhaps you would be kind enough to let us know, Thanks.

Have a safe journey home and Good Luck when you get back to the chaotic Airports here in the UK.

Pax going on to Barcelona are being tested. Just heard an announcement.

• Thanks 3

Covid is mutating into more easily spread and less lethal variants.  Remember when the focus was on flattening the curve and not overwhelming hospitals?  Now the focus is on testing, testing, testing and to what end?  Testing people who are not sick serves what propose if the majority of people are vaccinated and with today's therapuetics?

Our local positivity rate is well over 12 percent, but there's been nobody in the ICU for weeks.

The mask mandates on public transportation expired weeks ago and what were the consequences? 

People with underlying conditions should wear a mask to protect themselves.

Personally, I think the cruise industry is so risk averse that they are afraid to let go of testing.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Personally, I think the cruise industry is so risk averse that they are afraid to let go of testing.

But the need for tests for cruisers doing a b2b in Athens has absolutely nothing to do with Princess. It is a Greek requirement, so Princess have no choice.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

But the need for tests for cruisers doing a b2b in Athens has absolutely nothing to do with Princess. It is a Greek requirement, so Princess have no choice.

Understand that this not a Princess requirement. Curious though to know then, if it is a Greek requirement, why are people allowed to disembark in Crete on the first leg of the voyage,  without having to test? This makes no sense.

3 minutes ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Understand that this not a Princess requirement. Curious though to know then, if it is a Greek requirement, why are people allowed to disembark in Crete on the first leg of the voyage,  without having to test? This makes no sense.

I agree  - it seems irrational. But Crete, although Greek, has local autonomy,  which may allow for no testing being required.