Noise level on ships

Michidoeme

51 minutes ago, CardowMD said:

The issue on cruise ships and entertainment venues is that most of their sound engineers, entertainment staff, etc are usually under 30. As someone mentioned at beginning of thread, they like it loud, but they need to be reminded it’s not for them, it’s for the guests.

Well give the ship feedback, please, or just turn off your hearing aid.  I will leave if it gets excessive but the sound distracts from my 24/7 tinnitus.

• Like 1

worst  issue for us was when Reflection started cruising with the Miami DJs and a loud Party type CD..

Very loud and shouty!

When  we asked  for early am loud pool music to be lowered..we were told quite nastily that "Miami ordered it"...so most everyone left the area!

I will be trying out my new earplugs on ASCENT. They are supposed to allow conversation but mute loud music!   Hope will help in the theater

(replacing cotton balls!), and hope not needed for a  creaky cabin!

• Like 1

We won't sail Royal's Oasis class ships anymore because of the noise.  I guess the big "open concept" middle space is a real factor with that.  Also, we went to trivia and after the first few questions a live band came along not 10 feet from us so that nobody could hear the trivia questions anymore!  Ridiculously poor planning.  (Did not help either that the person hosting trivia had a very strong accent.)

They sell noise canceling earbuds for folks who don't want to hear the music...I have a pair, they work well when I want to chillax, like when I fly...

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

We have first night res at Fine Cut on ASCENT...on balc looking over Martini  Bar and area below where they have music...

Hope  our early res saves us from loud noise below!  Will request a table away from back

3 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

They sell noise canceling earbuds for folks who don't want to hear the music...I have a pair, they work well when I want to chillax, like when I fly...

we like music but not being assaulted with it..

6 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Many have different levels of reduction..

the ones I picked from Amazon are to allow conversation.. testing the idea as I usually do not like things inside my ears and dont want to wear large headphones.. not really on top of this issue!

1 hour ago, hcat said:

the ones I picked from Amazon are to allow conversation.. testing the idea as I usually do not like things inside my ears and dont want to wear large headphones.. not really on top of this issue!

Good luck finding something that works for you.  

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Good luck finding something that works for you.  

i,m sure it  will work out...we love the E Class shows..we  sit away from speakers whereever we go..

• Thanks 1