Some available excursions are not showing up on MVJ. Maybe just Iceland?

Liz Masterson

Some of us on the July 6 sailing for Iceland's Majestic Landscapes noticed that the included excursion, "Panoramic Reykjavik" was not showing up at all in the Excursion list on our online " My Viking Journey" pages.

Someone used the chat feature to reach out to Viking and got a PDF of all the excursion for our sailing and there were quite a few missing! Most of the missing ones were for Reykjavik. Also, an excursion was noticed to be missing from Seydisfjördur. 

If you are sailing with Viking this summer you might want to ask for them to email you the PDF of all available excursions for your trip. Then compare them to what you can see online. If there is one that is on the PDF, but not online, you should be able to book it by contacting Viking by phone or by using the chat feature. Chat feature bonus...  you don't have to listen to that hold music! (We booked this cruise in 2018 and after almost 4 years I'm a little tired of that song!)

Also... be aware that if you call to sign up for a "hidden excursion" to cancel it you have to call (or chat) Viking directly because you can not access it online.  It does, however, show up on your calendar. (Now that I'm thinking... maybe you could cancel it from there. I don't know for sure.)

I am attaching a PDF that was current the morning on May 13 for the July 6 sailing of Iceland's Majestic Landscapes. So you know what one looks like. You should get a current version for your sailing.

Hope this helps other sailors! 

All shall be well. All shall be well. All manner of things shall be well. ~ Julian of Norwich

MAY13_ShoreExcursions.pdf

• 8 months later...
On 5/13/2022 at 5:06 PM, Liz Masterson said:

Some of us on the July 6 sailing for Iceland's Majestic Landscapes noticed that the included excursion, "Panoramic Reykjavik" was not showing up at all in the Excursion list on our online " My Viking Journey" pages.

Someone used the chat feature to reach out to Viking and got a PDF of all the excursion for our sailing and there were quite a few missing! Most of the missing ones were for Reykjavik. Also, an excursion was noticed to be missing from Seydisfjördur. 

If you are sailing with Viking this summer you might want to ask for them to email you the PDF of all available excursions for your trip. Then compare them to what you can see online. If there is one that is on the PDF, but not online, you should be able to book it by contacting Viking by phone or by using the chat feature. Chat feature bonus...  you don't have to listen to that hold music! (We booked this cruise in 2018 and after almost 4 years I'm a little tired of that song!)

Also... be aware that if you call to sign up for a "hidden excursion" to cancel it you have to call (or chat) Viking directly because you can not access it online.  It does, however, show up on your calendar. (Now that I'm thinking... maybe you could cancel it from there. I don't know for sure.)

I am attaching a PDF that was current the morning on May 13 for the July 6 sailing of Iceland's Majestic Landscapes. So you know what one looks like. You should get a current version for your sailing.

Hope this helps other sailors! 

All shall be well. All shall be well. All manner of things shall be well. ~ Julian of Norwich

MAY13_ShoreExcursions.pdf 232.31 kB · 23 downloads

Hi there and thank you for this also, im new to Viking and might be doing my first cruise with them in Aug. 2024 and im looking at this exact cruise!

Can you tell me if you have the port times from your cruise last year?  and if you do can you share those as well please?   Thank you very much in advance!!!

1 hour ago, red4u2 said:

Can you tell me if you have the port times from your cruise last year?  

Port times can, of course, change from year to year.  Viking still has not posted the arrival and departure times for our "Viking Homelands" sailing in May this year.  Because they have not posted, they are not on Cruisemapper.com nor any of the other websites that consolidate cruise itineraries.  I had to search for the website for each individual port and found times there.  And even those can change, so I always check the port websites again about a week before sailing.  And, finally, weather or sea conditions can change them at any time during the sailing. 

On 5/14/2022 at 7:09 AM, Liz Masterson said:

You're welcome! I hope this helps others. That's why I posted it. I've recieved so much useful information on this sight it is nice to give back.

This is what we have for our scheduled June 7-21 New York to and around Iceland cruise on the new Viking Saturn.  Times may/will change no doubt.  But it gives you an idea.

OOPS - meant to quote Red4u2 instead of Liz Masterson!  Sorry!!

image.thumb.png.f55c89861622c42cc35ef96b1c7b2deb.png

Edited by CCWineLover

12 hours ago, loriva said:

Port times can, of course, change from year to year.  Viking still has not posted the arrival and departure times for our "Viking Homelands" sailing in May this year.  Because they have not posted, they are not on Cruisemapper.com nor any of the other websites that consolidate cruise itineraries.  I had to search for the website for each individual port and found times there.  And even those can change, so I always check the port websites again about a week before sailing.  And, finally, weather or sea conditions can change them at any time during the sailing. 

Of course i completely understand that there will be changes, i just would like to have an idea of an approximate time for the same crusie.  ill be sure to check out Cruise mapper!  thank you.

2 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

This is what we have for our scheduled June 7-21 New York to and around Iceland cruise on the new Viking Saturn.  Times may/will change no doubt.  But it gives you an idea.

OOPS - meant to quote Red4u2 instead of Liz Masterson!  Sorry!!

image.thumb.png.f55c89861622c42cc35ef96b1c7b2deb.png

Thank you for that!   im looking into my first cruise on Viking and they do a lot differently from my research, not having the port schedule up is one of them and its making it hard to decide.