Advance Booking (2023/2024) Question

oyme

I was looking at Princess' website. It appears I can only book a very limited amount of cruises in 2023 and I don't see anything for 2024.

Does Princess allow you to book cruises way in advance? If so, do you just have to call in (I don't see much in latter 2023 or 2024. I need to sail after September 2023)

I'm so specifically looking at cruises out of LA / San Pedro California. I also would prefer them to be over 5 or 7 days long.

Thanks in advance for any help in answering my ?

Cruises are not available by phone before they are also posted on Princess.com.  If you have a TA ask them to alert you to new Princess schedule releases.  Also, at least a couple of TA's who participate here on the Princess board are very kind and post new cruise schedules as they are released, so watch the thread topics and you will most likely see the info. 

There is a theory floating now that the 2023/2024 Winter season will be released around May 25 because that is also the date Princess launches the new Premier Fare package which includes additional items and increased drink price package. 

Historically Princess has released the type of cruise you are referring to around 18 months before the start of the season. That would be sometime very soon. TAs may receive information a few weeks earlier before it is released to the general public. What Steelers mentions about May 25 makes sense. 

• Like 1

I agree, that does make sense they'd hold the schedule until the release. Thanks! Too bad you can't book way in advance, I'm on a cluise planning kick right now! We've done a few Carnival cruises and we're ready to return to either Princess or NCL for the next cruise we book! Thanks for your responses.

I'm glad the website has the same info as what's available by calling in, i much prefer to book online.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, May 25 has passed and no 2024 cruises from Princess.  My TA says he will “keep checking for the 2024 release, which should be over the next couple of months.

Has anyone heard anything more specific?

—Marne 

Edited by marne-c

On 5/14/2022 at 1:14 AM, oyme said:

I was looking at Princess' website. It appears I can only book a very limited amount of cruises in 2023 and I don't see anything for 2024.

Does Princess allow you to book cruises way in advance? If so, do you just have to call in (I don't see much in latter 2023 or 2024. I need to sail after September 2023)

I'm so specifically looking at cruises out of LA / San Pedro California. I also would prefer them to be over 5 or 7 days long.

Thanks in advance for any help in answering my ?

We were looking for a Southern Caribbean cruise possibly for 2024 since none fit what we wanted in 2023.  I was told by our CVP that they would be out in July.  Too bad - Celebrity already had what we wanted in 2023 so we booked that.  This may be a trend toward Celebrity for us.  Strangely enough comparing the one we booked with a somewhat similar one on Princess (missing one of the ports) the price was actually about $1,200 less for comparable cabin and perks.