Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

1 minute ago, blarko said:

Bet he won’t be around long, at least as a CD.

He said he got a comment a couple weeks back about being funny but concerning. They didn’t know if he should be around kids. His comedy show was definitely very adult.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

He said he got a comment a couple weeks back about being funny but concerning. They didn’t know if he should be around kids. His comedy show was definitely very adult.

Just seeing the turnout at his morning show speaks volumes. I see 3 people in your shot, four counting you. I believe the turnout for that show is usually better than that.

• Like 4

My brand new Mobile charger may be shot already. Yesterday when I was using it, it just shut off. My old one even when you’ve used up all the charge will come on with one bar for a few seconds before going off. This one. Nothing. I plugged it in overnight and it was still blinking one bar while charging and won’t turn on at all when not plugged in.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Speaking of luggage tags, I got 3.

E888224D-1042-49E7-AC8C-6B2E1E8DAFB7.thumb.jpeg.9d60eed8463dc05aca91fce85c1a4e6a.jpeg

Saint Greg I’ve really enjoyed following your cruise and have shared the Carnival Fun Times, menus and some of your suggestions with our Aug. 9 - 16 group.  I was told the Carnival would be participating in the Seattle Port Valet Luggage Service by your sailing date.  I don’t see that option mentioned in your debarkation letter so I guess they’re still working things out with the Port of Seattle. Have you heard anything on board about a possible start date.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, texreno said:

Saint Greg I’ve really enjoyed following your cruise and have shared the Carnival Fun Times, menus and some of your suggestions with our Aug. 9 - 16 group.  I was told the Carnival would be participating in the Seattle Port Valet Luggage Service by your sailing date.  I don’t see that option mentioned in your debarkation letter so I guess they’re still working things out with the Port of Seattle. Have you heard anything on board about a possible start date.

Port valet was allowing people to sign up for our cruise but John Heald was telling people on Facebook carnival is not supporting it at this time. I modified the version of the “planning” post I posted on my website. Unfortunately you can’t do that here. My recommendation is not to count on it until Carnival says they’re supporting it.

Port Valet

I am not going to need this but it sounds like an excellent service for those who can use it. If you have a later flight and want to explore Seattle, Port Valet is a free service that transfers your luggage from the port to the airport for you. You can sign up for Port Valet here. Carnival’s brand ambassador, John Heald, recently said that Carnival is not currently participating in Port Valet. If you’re cruising Carnival make sure you check with them before you count on the service being available even if it’s available on the website.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

A lot of people think it’s the same as Veterans Day. I know some people…a marine in particular…who are hard core looking to correct people. I prefer to just put it out there in a more gentle way. I know everyone wasn’t raised the same. I was taken to a cemetery for a ceremony every Memorial Day morning. Then we could have a cookout or crawfish boil or whatever in the afternoon. I would say most of the people I know think of it as just a day off of work.

Growing up - when I was a Boy Scout (initially) and a budding trumpet player around the 7th grade. The San Diego Chapter of the Submarine Veterans of WWII approached me and asked if I would play Taps at the conclusion of their Memorial Day service. Did that every year out at the Ballast Point sub base for about 5 years until I moved away. Joined the Navy myself a year later at 17 1/2. Still have the "Thank You" plaque the Vets gave me about 50 years ago.

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Andy can’t drop the pictures. He said “you in the second floor taking your pictures of how crowded it is in here.”

I mean, he’s obviously calling you out… making threats, sizing you up… how long can this go on without a showdown?! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

42 minutes ago, blarko said:

Just seeing the turnout at his morning show speaks volumes. I see 3 people in your shot, four counting you. I believe the turnout for that show is usually better than that.

There’s also a chance the time change got some of them. I didn’t know it was going on. I was going to take pictures of the theater and ended up in the morning show.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Port valet was allowing people to sign up for our cruise but John Heald was telling people on Facebook carnival is not supporting it at this time. I modified the version of the “planning” post I posted on my website. Unfortunately you can’t do that here. My recommendation is not to count on it until Carnival says they’re supporting it.

Port Valet

I am not going to need this but it sounds like an excellent service for those who can use it. If you have a later flight and want to explore Seattle, Port Valet is a free service that transfers your luggage from the port to the airport for you. You can sign up for Port Valet here. Carnival’s brand ambassador, John Heald, recently said that Carnival is not currently participating in Port Valet. If you’re cruising Carnival make sure you check with them before you count on the service being available even if it’s available on the website.

This has the potential of being a security risk. There's a reason when you check in bags at airports they ask if your bags have been under your immediate control since you packed them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sanmarcosman said:

This has the potential of being a security risk. There's a reason when you check in bags at airports they ask if your bags have been under your immediate control since you packed them. 

Yeah but you could say the same thing about when you leave them outside your room the last night.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah but you could say the same thing about when you leave them outside your room the last night.

True, but the people on board went through metal detectors when they boarded and at ports upon return to ship. If you use Port Valet the same can't be said. I see the FAA coming for Port Valet. Check in agent: Did you use Port Valet? Yes? You'll need to go get on that looong line over there before I can check you in. That'll be the end of Port Valet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I liked his comedy show on the Mardi Gras. 
I don’t see him as a problem as a CD. I bet he’ll stick around longer than most think. They are having a hard time keeping CDs lately. 

• Like 7

Just now, MeganGC1983 said:

I liked his comedy show on the Mardi Gras. 
I don’t see him as a problem as a CD. I bet he’ll stick around longer than most think. They are having a hard time keeping CDs lately. 

The comedy isn't my concern. It's his taking tips on the piano that's questionable. When he takes the mic from a paid contract employee (and possibly direct their tips his way ) there's breach of contract and it's not polite to hog another's limelight unless asked to do so.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

True, but the people on board went through metal detectors when they boarded and at ports upon return to ship. If you use Port Valet the same can't be said. I see the FAA coming for Port Valet. Check in agent: Did you use Port Valet? Yes? You'll need to go get on that looong line over there before I can check you in. That'll be the end of Port Valet.

I would think whatever they have to do can be done before you get there. I don’t think you check your own bags in at the airport. I think that’s done for you before you get there unless I’m misunderstanding it.

• Like 1