I have a question about the souvenir cup price

oyme

Red frog rum bar (Carnival Panorama)- does the souvenir cup price include the drink or is adding the drink to it a separate charge?

Is the souvenir cup $10.50 plus the refill cost of $9.50 for a total of $20 for the first drink? A price of just $10.50 would just seem too good to be true, it's only an extra $1 then you get an extra 4 oz. every time you refill it.

Also, for future reference is there a way I can message someone on Carnival's website with these type of questions? I'm going to go look in the meantime and see if I can find a way. Thanks!

1 hour ago, oyme said:

Also, for future reference is there a way I can message someone on Carnival's website with these type of questions? I'm going to go look in the meantime and see if I can find a way. Thanks!

No need to bother people at Carnival who are understaffed and overworked as it is.   There is a world of knowledge on this forum and a bunch of great cruisers who will answer your questions quicker than you can say "Hey Bartender....another drink!"  🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, csoud68 said:

U pay for the cup once then refill at normal cost.

So will it be $10.50 or $20 the first time? I have sailed Carnival but never bought this cup before.

Edited by oyme

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

If i have the drink package, and also buy one drink separately that includes the souvenir glass, can i get the glass refilled using my drink package allowance, and if so does it only count as one drink or more against the 15 drink limit/day?

6 minutes ago, hmbldrpjb said:

If i have the drink package, and also buy one drink separately that includes the souvenir glass, can i get the glass refilled using my drink package allowance, and if so does it only count as one drink or more against the 15 drink limit/day?

Souvenir glasses are not included in Cheers. So while you can get the drink under Cheers, you will have to pay for the souvenir glass. And there are no "free refills"

On 4/21/2023 at 2:41 PM, mz-s said:

Souvenir glasses are not included in Cheers. So while you can get the drink under Cheers, you will have to pay for the souvenir glass. And there are no "free refills"

You missed my point.  If I BUY a souvenir drink, and I have the drink package, can you have the souvenir glass refilled as one of the 15 daily drinks allowed per package.  Since the souvenir glass is 16 oz, will they not let you use it for refills, or will they count it as more than one drink against the 15?

1 minute ago, hmbldrpjb said:

You missed my point.  If I BUY a souvenir drink, and I have the drink package, can you have the souvenir glass refilled as one of the 15 daily drinks allowed per package.  Since the souvenir glass is 16 oz, will they not let you use it for refills, or will they count it as more than one drink against the 15?

They aren't going to charge you for a refill. They'll refill your cup if you want, but it will cost you one drink out of your Cheers allotment.

When you buy the souvenir drink typically what they'll do is charge you for the cup ($5 maybe? Not sure) and deduct one Cheers drink for the initial fill.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mz-s said:

They aren't going to charge you for a refill. They'll refill your cup if you want, but it will cost you one drink out of your Cheers allotment.

When you buy the souvenir drink typically what they'll do is charge you for the cup ($5 maybe? Not sure) and deduct one Cheers drink for the initial fill.

If the souvenir cup is 4 oz larger than the normal drink as stated, I would be skeptical of them refilling it (full) on cheers. If so, there will be a run on souvenir cups as soon as word gets out.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

If the souvenir cup is 4 oz larger than the normal drink as stated, I would be skeptical of them refilling it (full) on cheers. If so, there will be a run on souvenir cups as soon as word gets out.

All the souvenir cups I've seen are like the blowfish or funnel cup you see on Lido, I don't know about anything that is larger than a normal cup.

Cheers does explicitly not include souvenir glasses so it's very likely my information is out of date anyway. The last time I bought one of those souvenir shot glasses in the MDR with Cheers was probably 2017. 

https://www.carnival.com/drink-packages/cheers-package/cheers-SUM

The souvenir cup they are referring to is a 16oz Tervis cup with a Blue Iguana logo on it. I bought one on my last cruise on the Panorama in February. Didn't have cheers but when you refilled it at the bars you got a larger drink for regular drink size price. It was also nice to have a cup with a lid you could close while on deck.  

• Like 2