Flight Ease Flights Canceled

jlnprt

We booked flights to Venice for our cruise next month through Flight Ease. I was able to select seats for the flights to Venice easily. I haven't been able to select seats for our return flight (different airline). I was told by the airline and HAL to check back later. Today I went on-line to see if I could select seats. I am getting the message that all of our flights have been canceled. Currently on hold with HAL to ask about this. My "projected wait time" of 5 minutes has already been about 30 minutes. Has this happened to anyone else?

Flying in 5 days before the cruise and returning a few days after the cruise. After more than 45 minutes on hold (so much for the "wait time is under 5 minutes"), HAL rep confirmed that there are no flights associated with my booking and put me on hold to do some further checking. He returned to say that many flights for Oosterdam cruises are being rebooked. Then he put me back on hold to that we can confer with the flight ease folks. "It'll be a brief hold." Current hold message says wait time is under an hour. Ugh!!!!

We had booked flights in FlightEase for flights to/from Venice for our cruise in August.  For the last two months I always got an error message from Flight Ease.  Our TA didn't show any record of the flights either.  However, both airlines we are using did show the flights on their website.

So about two weeks ago my wife called HAL.  She got through within an hour by calling the minute they opened in the morning.  The agent also could not find the flights at first, so she was on hold for quite a while the agent did research.  Eventually, they found them and sent us an email confirmation. 

This is the first time we used FlightEase, and I am thoroughly disgusted with it.  When it worked to make the initial reservations it was great, but after that the website is horrible.  If it wasn't for the great discount we are getting on business class flights and the ability to cancel very late in these covid times, I would never use it again.

• Like 2

I have been trying to book through Flightease for the past 3 weeks.  Get an error message at the end of the booking to call Holland air. Spent many hours on hold and never got through. The issue with Holland air should be embarrassing to the company. Even the reps I talk to say there can be a 2-3 hour wait to speak with an air rep. Really!

3 minutes ago, eagletwo said:

. The issue with Holland air should be embarrassing to the company. Even the reps I talk to say there can be a 2-3 hour wait to speak with an air rep. Really!

Welcome to the new norm. The beginning of April I spent two hours on hold for a SWA rep after our flight was cancelled. Not enough employees it seems for the resurgence in travel.

Our connecting flight to our flight home has been canceled and I'm optimistically depending on HAL to rebook it on another airline, otherwise, we have no flight home.  We will never again use FE, it has been nothing but headaches from the start.

• Like 1

That was painful! Well over three hours to solve the problem. When I finally reached a Flight Ease rep, I explained that our flights were no longer there. She found the outgoing flights and, while she put me on hold to check the return flights, I checked the airline website and the outgoing flights were back. She said the problem was just a "schedule change," but I pointed out that applied only to the outgoing flights and we had been notified of that weeks ago. Then she offered me a different return flight. I asked why she was offering me a different flight if the one we originally booked was still ticketed. Arriving 5 hours after the original flight didn't sound very appealing. So ... flights are back on the airline website BUT the seats I selected long ago for the outgoing flights are no longer selected and what happened to the additional fare I paid for "extra legroom" is nowhere to be found. I think that's an issue that's going to have to wait till tomorrow. Flight Ease is a bit of a misnomer, I think. 

• Like 1

Just a bit of an update. Once I noticed that our seat selections were gone (and no mention of the extra $$ paid), I knew I had to call the airline. I've tried a few times this week and got a message saying "your wait time is over 45 minutes so we are going to terminate your call." Finally got through tonight and spoke to a very helpful and patient customer service rep. He put me on hold "for a few minutes" and it really was just a couple minutes. He said he could see what had happened and the amount we had paid. The seats I had originally selected weren't available, but he found and reserved similar seats and I had the e-mail confirmation within seconds (and it's updated on the airline website). I guess the long wait times are the 'new normal' but at least it's taken care of. Only a few more weeks to wait!!

We also had our flights cancelled using HAL's FlightEase. We were flying to Athens, returning from Venice. Our TA finally told us we'd be better off booking our own flights which we did, at a greater cost.

Not a happy cruiser with HAL & their FlightEase program, even our TA could not get any one at HAL to find out what happened & why.  

I had mine cancelled but my travel companion, on the same flights, did not.   My TA called and it seems Flight Ease missed some payments and the reservation was cancelled by the airlines.  Flight ease reinstated my flights at a considerable cost to them.  My seat selections were gone but the flight is not full so it is not an issue.   This all occurred well after final payment. 

• Like 1