On Brilliance and Just Tested POSITIVE

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Why weren't you tested between cruises, so if you were positive you could quarantine on land instead of a tiny Oceanview cabin on a cruise ship?

They did not test us for Covid on the changeover to this cruise.  We had to show our vac cards but that was it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, luckybecky said:

I'm so sorry you are going through this, but glad you are feeling better. Is your husband still well? I hope so.

We are going to be on this ship in just a few weeks. 

May I ask, what kind of cabin did you have before being moved to the deck 3 porthole? Is your husband still in the original cabin? It seems to me that  separating family members would just make this Covid experience more difficult. But I guess if he can avoid such strict isolation measures, that would be a good thing.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Best wishes to you. I know this isn't the vacation experience you dreamed of, but glad to hear that you both are doing Ok.

I was in a cabin on deck 4 inside.  Husband still there.  Get’s retested at 10am today.  I did some snooping and there are a whole hallway of cabins for Covid (all porthole).  I  have a neighbor but do not think there are many more in quarantine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@1947wwjd I'm sorry to hear that you are poorly and have been placed in quarantine.

I have recently been in quarantine on Ovation, and my top tip for you would be proactive about getting anything you need from Guest Services as early as possible. This includes requesting your medical paperwork, any refunds (eg drinks packages, excursions) you're entitled to, information about disembarkation etc. I found that as more and more people tested positive throughout my cruise, the more difficult it was to get hold of someone to talk to.  On the final evening I still had outstanding questions but was on hold with Guest Services for about an hour and 20 minutes before giving up. So I'd suggest make a nuisance of yourself if you have to, to make sure you have all your questions answered. Ask all the questions you have, as soon as you have them. 

I hope that things go smoothly for you. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Ryalie1 said:

@1947wwjd I'm sorry to hear that you are poorly and have been placed in quarantine.

I have recently been in quarantine on Ovation, and my top tip for you would be proactive about getting anything you need from Guest Services as early as possible. This includes requesting your medical paperwork, any refunds (eg drinks packages, excursions) you're entitled to, information about disembarkation etc. I found that as more and more people tested positive throughout my cruise, the more difficult it was to get hold of someone to talk to.  On the final evening I still had outstanding questions but was on hold with Guest Services for about an hour and 20 minutes before giving up. So I'd suggest make a nuisance of yourself if you have to, to make sure you have all your questions answered. Ask all the questions you have, as soon as you have them. 

I hope that things go smoothly for you. 

My husband tested with (PCR) again this morning.  He will have to go to Medical every morning to get an antigen test.  He is free to go anywhere on the ship but will be wearing a mask.

Thanks for suggesting we get our account sorted out and other important information for disembarking ASAP.  

l get tested on Friday.  That is our biggest worry now.  I need to test negative on Friday, Saturday and Sunday so we can get off the ship.

Staff has been wonderful, making sure I have whatever I need.  Dr said I could walk the COVID hall whenever I wanted.  I appreciate that as I try to stay fit by walking 4+ miles everyday.  It breaks up the day because this is very depressing and boring.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, 1947wwjd said:

They did not test us for Covid on the changeover to this cruise.  We had to show our vac cards but that was it.  

That is the problem, people doing B2B's should insist on getting tested between cruises so what happened to you doesn't happen to others? 

I don't know why Royal changed this process, they way they are doing it now it just means they have to deal now on the ship with the positive cases. What a hassle for them and you.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Why weren't you tested between cruises, so if you were positive you could quarantine on land instead of a tiny Oceanview cabin on a cruise ship?

6 hours ago, 1947wwjd said:

Royal Caribbean suspended B2B testing a few weeks ago.  We were tested in between our April 17 and April 24 cruises so it was discontinued sometime after May 1.     The passenger can't "insist" on a test, but I guess a passenger can bring a test kit and simply  self test any time they want. 

I have no idea why B2B testing ended.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 1947wwjd said:

My husband tested with (PCR) again this morning.  He will have to go to Medical every morning to get an antigen test.  He is free to go anywhere on the ship but will be wearing a mask.

Thanks for suggesting we get our account sorted out and other important information for disembarking ASAP.  

l get tested on Friday.  That is our biggest worry now.  I need to test negative on Friday, Saturday and Sunday so we can get off the ship.

Staff has been wonderful, making sure I have whatever I need.  Dr said I could walk the COVID hall whenever I wanted.  I appreciate that as I try to stay fit by walking 4+ miles everyday.  It breaks up the day because this is very depressing and boring.

Sorry this happened to you. I was also in quarantine last week on the Allure. Sounds like others have given you good information based on my experience and others. Definitely be proactive in getting what you want. You are lucky in that they will let you walk the covid halls. We were told we couldn’t leave our cabins so no walking for us. That was the worst part but at least I did have something with me to do. I don’t have any info of what happens after you leave the ship. We live about 5 miles from where Allure docks so they drove us home. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

That is the problem, people doing B2B's should insist on getting tested between cruises so what happened to you doesn't happen to others? 

I don't know why Royal changed this process, they way they are doing it now it just means they have to deal now on the ship with the positive cases. What a hassle for them and you.

I do agree they should still be tested consecutive cruisers.

My understanding is sometime in April, before the latest increase, the Cdc had said testing b2bers was no longer needed due to very little positive cases being reported.   Carnival had stopped testing sometime in April and royal stopped testing b2bers May 1st.  Not sure what ncl and others are doing.

If I was doing a b2b now I would bring at home test and do last full day of 1st cruise to know 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Sorry this happened to you. I was also in quarantine last week on the Allure. Sounds like others have given you good information based on my experience and others. Definitely be proactive in getting what you want. You are lucky in that they will let you walk the covid halls. We were told we couldn’t leave our cabins so no walking for us. That was the worst part but at least I did have something with me to do. I don’t have any info of what happens after you leave the ship. We live about 5 miles from where Allure docks so they drove us home. 

Did you bedazzle the clutch?   How are you and Mike feeling?

18 hours ago, 1947wwjd said:

My husband will be tested tomorrow at10 am.  Dr. Said he can leave the cabin but wear a mask.  The letter I received states that he is not allowed to be with me in the approved covid  hotel and will need to find his own accommodations.

l did order dinner and it came within an hour.  Went to take a shower and NO HOT WATER.  Called maintenance and they said someone will get it working.

Also found out 2 people from the May 6 cruise are also in quarantine.

This is going to be a long week and will be a real test of my patience .

You should be able to get free movies On  Demand on your TV.   May want to check with guest services.  Internet should also be free.  

Happy to hear your symptoms remain mild.   

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

We live about 5 miles from where Allure docks so they drove us home. 

Wow, they drove you home.  Was in one those black SUVs.  At least you are lucky as compared to "yankee4life" who had to drive him and his sick wife from FL to NJ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You should be able to get free movies On  Demand on your TV.   May want to check with guest services.  Internet should also be free.  

Happy to hear your symptoms remain mild.   

No On Demand Movies available on this Ship. PreCV was Hit and Miss over the Yrs Radiance Class would show Movies on TV that are same ones shown in Movie Theater but havent see them since restart. Daughter had Sinus Infection, Quarantined in Cabin for 24hrs until got 2 CV neg tests, they Refunded her 2 Days for her 8nites

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If I was doing a b2b now I would bring at home test and do last full day of 1st cruise to know 

Hi,

I’m on a B2B starting Friday. I planned on testing myself on Sunday evening before bedtime.  

IF I tested positive can I just take my luggage and leave the ship?

This is a local port , so my husband would be able to pick me up and drive home.

Anyone know the protocol on this scenario?

Thank you,

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

I’m on a B2B starting Friday. I planned on testing myself on Sunday evening before bedtime.  

This is a local port , so my husband would be able to pick me up and drive home.

Thank you,

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

You will go through the "extraction" process. Crew comes and gets you and brings you to a holding room. You are then released to a black Mercedes van which will drive you home. It's free. No need to have your husband pick you up.

Actually, re-reading your question...the scenario I described is if you test positive through the ship. Doing your own, put an N95 mask on and walk off the ship. I don't think they would test you then anyway. I would confirm with a PCR then to get your money refunded on the second leg. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

You will go through the "extraction" process. Crew comes and gets you and brings you to a holding room. You are then released to a black Mercedes van which will drive you home. It's free. No need to have your husband pick you up.

Actually, re-reading your question...the scenario I described is if you test positive through the ship. Doing your own, put an N95 mask on and walk off the ship. I don't think they would test you then anyway. I would confirm with a PCR then to get your money refunded on the second leg. 

Thank you for this information.  Mmmm … I’ll still test Sunday evening. 

The phone call to Carnival (oh the wait!!☎️) to apply for a refund??  Nope!  

Since Carnival won’t test between cruises. I’ll go with my plan of testing myself Sunday evening.

If I’m positive, I’ll call Medical, then they can take me home.

And Carnival can start the paperwork trail for my FCC.

🛳🛳

Bobbi

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Wow, they drove you home.  Was in one those black SUVs.  At least you are lucky as compared to "yankee4life" who had to drive him and his sick wife from FL to NJ.

They only live 5 miles from the port.  Not much difference than taking someone to a rental car  office in Cocoa Beach.  

M

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

Thank you,

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

If you test positive with your own kit you should then contact medical and they will perform a test then you can get Cash refund for the 2nd leg of your cruise.      99.9% sure you would remain in same cabin for that last night and they would assist in your departure for your husband to pick you up.    

I just read another post that you are sailing with Carnival.    I am not sure if they give cash refunds or FCC for b2bers that test positive.     royal will give refund.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

Remember he opted to drive home.    They were given the choice to stay in a hotel in FL for a couple of days to finish out quarantine then fly home but he said No they would drive.    

As the OP has not updated on his thread, no idea if that is what they actually did but me personally I would have Not have wanted to be in a car for that long ride home when feeling crappy.   

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you test positive with your own kit you should then contact medical and they will perform a test then you can get Cash refund for the 2nd leg of your cruise.      99.9% sure you would remain in same cabin for that last night and they would assist in your departure for your husband to pick you up.    

I just read another post that you are sailing with Carnival.    I am not sure if they give cash refunds or FCC for b2bers that test positive.     royal will give refund.

OOOPPPSSS …. 🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭

I kept writing Carnival … my mistake ..

Now, Yes, I that is my intention, will call medical & then take their test onboard.

THIS weekend I’m on Navigator with Royal. I have upcoming cruises with both lines.

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18
  • Like 2

Just now, Markmom18 said:

Thank you.  Yes, I that is my intention, will call medical & then take their test onboard.

THIS weekend I’m on Navigator with Royal. I have upcoming cruises with both lines.

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Enjoy🤩   My next sailing isn't until August.      We had a wonderful b2b end of March / beginning of April.     Hope you do too!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Enjoy🤩   My next sailing isn't until August.      We had a wonderful b2b end of March / beginning of April.     Hope you do too!

Thanks🤗.  

Hey, one more question if you don’t mind.  It’s been 4 years since I’ve been on Royal.  Is there a separate line at Guest Services — for Diamond, Suites Etc—  Or is there just one?  I don’t recall.

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

6 hours ago, 1947wwjd said:

You post raises an interesting question—in addition to quarantine rooms, why not have a single covid segregated lounge/restaurant for those who feel well enough to have meals there, preferably with fresh air?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Markmom18 said:

Thanks🤗.  

Hey, one more question if you don’t mind.  It’s been 4 years since I’ve been on Royal.  Is there a separate line at Guest Services — for Diamond, Suites Etc—  Or is there just one?  I don’t recall.

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Currently there is a separate line for Suites and Pinnacles.   I have not seen any separate lines for Diamond or D+.       

If you show up at your check in time you should be able to enter the cruise terminal with no wait and be onboard in about 10 to 15 minutes. 

I find it easier to print out my covid test results instead of scrambling to find on our phones.   Helps speed up the process for everyone else too.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, renji said:

You post raises an interesting question—in addition to quarantine rooms, why not have a single covid segregated lounge/restaurant for those who feel well enough to have meals there, preferably with fresh air?

They really don't want people to know how many people are in quarantine. Some crew are honest without being exact. The crew member handing disembarkation flat out lied, which became obvious as group after group came through as we waited for our ride. I'd guess somewhere around 100 people in quarantine on my sailing, plus many, many more reporting positive after the sailing via social media. No doubt more people who just won't get tested and will cough away at work with "allergies," thus getting more people sick.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jasukkie said:

They really don't want people to know how many people are in quarantine. Some crew are honest without being exact. The crew member handing disembarkation flat out lied, which became obvious as group after group came through as we waited for our ride. I'd guess somewhere around 100 people in quarantine on my sailing, plus many, many more reporting positive after the sailing via social media. No doubt more people who just won't get tested and will cough away at work with "allergies," thus getting more people sick.

Which is why they should just accept covid as a fact of life and cruising, and make it still a relatively pleasant (or at least not utterly miserable) experience to test positive. 

• Like 4