On Brilliance and Just Tested POSITIVE

2 hours ago, 1947wwjd said:

Medical dropped off my positive paperwork this morning.  On my day 5 I will have an antigen test.  My husband is still testing negative, thank heavens. 
The family from Ireland with the 4 year old got to leave quarantine last night.  They were quarantined 8 days and am so happy they can enjoy the remaining 3 days.  Their son was really good during the 8 days and occasionally escaped their cabin and ran down COVID hall with happy screams.

I am feeling good with no Covid symptoms so am staying positive (!) that my test will be NEGATIVE tomorrow.

Good luck with the antigen test.  And were you able to get some books or something to entertain yourself while in quarantine???

3 hours ago, Citrons said:

We dont think we have omicron - it is a new variant. Our national healthcare HSE is currently testing the variant we caught on the Odyssey as so many of us came back to Ireland with it. Omicron hit europe December 2021. Then March was BA2 variant. So its potentially moved onto an even more super spreader variant on the cruise.

Omicron hit North America in December of 2021 as well. These new variants today are still Omicron variants, only more contagious and some changed symptoms. I have been following Dr John Campbell from England and he is very thorough on his talks about the pandemic.  I’ve learned a lot about England, Scotland, and Ireland relating to the pandemic as well as the rest of the world. You might enjoy his daily videos on YouTube.  Yesterday he talked Monkey Pox and the few cases currently in England. 

3 hours ago, Citrons said:

Either way we are still isolating at home until next week as requested by the HSE 😭 and feel rotten 🤧🤒😷. However grateful we were fully up to date with vaccines which make the symptoms milder. 

We too followed the protocols established by our provincial authority.  We actually didn’t see anyone for 10 days, which is longer than our mandated regulations because of how we felt. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I hope you test negative tomorrow also. If you do, will you need another negative the next day? We did on APEX along with completing a 10 day quarantine. I still tested positive on day 5 so I'm on day 7 of my quarantine. I'm told I'll be released from quarantine on May 22 at 8a.m.

Where are you cruising and how many days on the ship? Why are you having a 10 day quarantine?

19 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Just read the thread above from the link you posted.

OMG what a Shi$ Show! 

So glad now we are canceling our September Wonder of the Seas cruise from Rome now. What a hassle just for a 7 day cruise. Not worth it for the chance of being quarantined anywhere from 7 to 21 days.

Everyone going to Europe should read what you and other's on that thread have gone through.

All I can say I wish you good luck whenever you get home whenever that is?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just read the thread above from the link you posted.

OMG what a Shi$ Show! 

So glad now we are canceling our September Wonder of the Seas cruise from Rome now. What a hassle just for a 7 day cruise. Not worth it for the chance of being quarantined anywhere from 7 to 21 days.

Everyone going to Europe should read what you and other's on that thread have gone through.

All I can say I wish you good luck whenever you get home whenever that is?

I agree with you.  I know that something can always go wrong on vacation.  However, while the cruise lines insist on quarantining people who have the misfortune to test positive in lesser cabins, poor food service, no adult beverages (why?), uncertainty of what happens after the cruise etc. I don't understand wanting to cruise.  That and other protocols that may pop up mid cruise make it seem like an iffy vacation.  I know for us to take a trip, especially a long trip it takes a lot of preparation and expense so it isn't something I want to take a chance on when I can go someplace else, have as much fun, and know with certainty those things will not happen.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

@1947wwjd

I am so sorry this happened to you! I was on the May 15 Brilliance sailing and just read thuis thread now. I am wondering if I met you on the first night in the dining room. I was sailing with my daughter and we sat next to a lovely couple who were doing a B2B. We chatted for a bit regarding MTD vs fixed time dining. They never returned after the first night.. was that you?

On 5/19/2022 at 8:20 AM, Jimbo said:

Bottom line is, if you get a runny nose, keep your mask on and your mouth shut! 🤐

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 5:19 PM, Host Jacquelyn said:

@1947wwjd

I am so sorry this happened to you! I was on the May 15 Brilliance sailing and just read thuis thread now. I am wondering if I met you on the first night in the dining room. I was sailing with my daughter and we sat next to a lovely couple who were doing a B2B. We chatted for a bit regarding MTD vs fixed time dining. They never returned after the first night.. was that you?

We were in late seating, table for 2.  Not sure it was us next to you. Yes, I tested positive on day 2 so we were a no show in the dining room.  There were three 2 tops about a foot apart.  We were seated in the middle of the 2 tops.  I finally tested negative on May 25 and 26 and got off the ship in Athens.  In fact, just walked off and got a taxi to Athens airport.  

I was very impressed with the care and concern I received by the medical staff and Guest Services.

Also,  the food from the room service menu was really good and accommodating with any requests I had.    

• Like 1

@1947wwjd

Yes, we must have been seated next to you. We were the table closest to raiing, and spoke to the couple who sat in the middle. The MDR staff messed up our reservation so we came a bit late. 

I am so sorry you went through this, but glad the cruise line treated you well given the circumstances.  Thanks for posting and glad to hear you are ok now. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Host Jacquelyn said:

@1947wwjd

Yes, we must have been seated next to you. We were the table closest to raiing, and spoke to the couple who sat in the middle. The MDR staff messed up our reservation so we came a bit late. 

I am so sorry you went through this, but glad the cruise line treated you well given the circumstances.  Thanks for posting and glad to hear you are ok now. 

Yep, that was us.  I remember talking to you and you mentioned you were from Canada.

You had a runaround with your dining reservation.  I thought you were girlfriends on a cruise together.

What a surprise to learn you were cruising with your daughter.  You both look fantastic!

• Like 1