Our Marvelous Mardi Gras B2B (with pics!) - April 23rd, 2022

Jamman54

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm going to make a note of this hotel... That Radisson Resort at the Port wasn't very nice at all... Looking forward to the rest...

The only rooms I bother (Radisson) with are the jacuzzi suites. Nicer than the rest .

Edited by BasicSailor

Here’s a view of Jetty Park from the Serenity Deck…..

IMG_0833-X2.jpg

Looking down at the Beach Pool…..

IMG_0830-X2.jpg

Looking towards the Seaside Theater and the Red Frog Tiki Bar…..

IMG_0829-X2.jpg

IMG_0831-X2.jpg

We wanted to check out the Cloud 9 Spa and the Thermal Suite now, since once we sailed we wouldn’t have access to it. We hopped on a forward elevator and went down to Deck 6. We went past the Punchliner Comedy Club, which is located on Deck 6 forward, starboard side……

IMG_0834-X2.jpg

IMG_0835-X2.jpg

IMG_0836-X2.jpg

IMG_0837-X2.jpg

The entrance to the Cloud 9 Spa is also located on Deck 6 forward starboard side, but once inside we took the stairs down to Deck 5 where the Thermal Suite is located. Patti checked out the Woman’s Locker Room…..

IMG_0841-X2.jpg

IMG_0846-X2.jpg

IMG_0847-X2.jpg

IMG_0844-X2.jpg

IMG_0843-X2.jpg

To be continued……..

• Like 9

This is the Cloud 9 Thermal Suite on the Mardi Gras. To us it’s a big disappointment. First of all, it is so tiny for a ship this size carrying 6,000 passengers. It’s like being in a cave. There are no ocean views, and no outside light. We would never book a Spa Cabin or pass on this class of ships. Of course, YMMV…..

IMG_0848-X2.jpg

IMG_0850-X2.jpg

IMG_0849-X2.jpg

IMG_0851-X2.jpg

IMG_0852-X2.jpg

IMG_0853-X2.jpg

Salt Therapy Sauna…..

IMG_0855-X2.jpg

IMG_0854-X2.jpg

Steam Room…..

IMG_0859-X2.jpg

IMG_0856-X2.jpg

Aroma Steam Room…..

IMG_0860-X2.jpg

IMG_0861-X2.jpg

Experience Showers…..

IMG_0863-X2.jpg

IMG_0862-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 7

We stopped and checked out the Mardi Gras Theater located all the way forward on Decks 6 & 7. It seemed a bit small, but the comfy seats with a cup holder was a plus…..

IMG_0867-X2.jpg

IMG_0866-X2.jpg

It was now after 1:30 so we decided to head back to the cabin to see if it was ready. The door was locked, and our sail & sign cards were outside. This is cabin # 11374…..

IMG_0870-X2.jpg

IMG_0873-X2.jpg

IMG_0874-X2.jpg

IMG_0879-X2.jpg

IMG_0881-X2.jpg

IMG_0877-X2.jpg

The bathroom and shower…..

IMG_0871-X2.jpg

IMG_0872-X2.jpg

Our extended balcony, complete with a lounger…..

IMG_0882-X2.jpg

IMG_0883-X2.jpg

Here is some Good to Know info for those that want to know…..

IMG_0875-X2.jpg

IMG_0876-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 11

Our room steward knocked on the door, introduced himself, then said that he still needed to vacuum and wipe down some surfaces. We told him we would hang out on the balcony while he did the work. We were surprised because it was almost 2pm now. With staff shortages he probably has more cabins to do now so we cut him some slack. From our balcony we could see the Carnival Magic and Norwegian Escape…..

IMG_0885-X2.jpg

IMG_0884-X2.jpg

Right down below us the ship was being refueled with LNG…..

IMG_0886-X2.jpg

IMG_0888-X2.jpg

IMG_0889-X2.jpg

IMG_0890-X2.jpg

It was getting near time for our mini roll call meet up at the Red Frog Tiki Bar, so I made my way there. Patti was going to explore the ship some more, and then meet me there for sail away. Patti heads back down to Deck 6 forward, port side, to check out the Fitness Center…..

IMG_0893-X2.jpg

IMG_0894-X2.jpg

IMG_0895-X2.jpg

IMG_0896-X2.jpg

IMG_0897-X2.jpg

IMG_0901-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 9

I got a late start but all caught up. We had a great short 3 day trip last weekend.  Back to it for a while.  I did get our January cruise changed to the 8 day Spirit.  It was great to see you and Patti and enjoy a good dinner together.  Jim and I look forward to the rest of the review and tips for enjoying the Mardi Gras in September.  So glad we didn’t book a Spa Balcony.  That is such a terrible design for such a large ship.  

• Like 4

I'm a newbie, have only read one of your reviews previously. I really enjoyed it and all the beautiful pics!

Looking forward to this review. So far I haven't given much thought to sailing the Mardi Gras because there's so many ships I haven't sailed yet. This review might just sway me🙂

• Like 3

Patti heads aft on Deck 6 and passes the JavaBlue Café, mid ship, port side…..

IMG_0902-X2.jpg

IMG_0907-X2.jpg

IMG_0908-X2.jpg

IMG_0909-X2.jpg

IMG_0910-X2.jpg

Patti continues aft and enters the French Quarter…..

IMG_0912-X2.jpg

This is the Brass Magnolia, mid ship, port side…..

IMG_0915-X2.jpg

IMG_0916-X2.jpg

IMG_0917-X2.jpg

IMG_0918-X2.jpg

IMG_0925-X2.jpg

IMG_0927-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 12

Patti peeks into the Flamingo Restaurant, mid ship, port side. Here is tonight’s menu…..

IMG_0921-X2.jpg

IMG_0923-X2.jpg

IMG_0924-X2.jpg

Patti next walks by the Fortune Teller Bar, mid ship, starboard side…..

IMG_0931-X2.jpg

IMG_0930-X2.jpg

Patti passes Emeril’s Bistro 1396, mid ship, starboard side…..

IMG_0934-X2.jpg

IMG_0936-X2.jpg

IMG_0933-X2.jpg

This is the Carnival Kitchen, aft, starboard side…..

IMG_0938-X2.jpg

IMG_0940-X2.jpg

IMG_0939-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 9

5 hours ago, sthrnbll said:

It's a HUGE basically truck stops but for families. There are no truckers there. They have everything you could ever think of. Food, gifts, drinks, clothing, coolers, etc.

And the biggest bestest cleanest gas station bathrooms ever.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Glad to see the spa, thanks!

No problem. The fears that I had about the thermal spa prior to sailing on the MG were justified once I saw it in person. 😒

46 minutes ago, Webecruzen said:

I got a late start but all caught up. We had a great short 3 day trip last weekend.  Back to it for a while.  I did get our January cruise changed to the 8 day Spirit.  It was great to see you and Patti and enjoy a good dinner together.  Jim and I look forward to the rest of the review and tips for enjoying the Mardi Gras in September.  So glad we didn’t book a Spa Balcony.  That is such a terrible design for such a large ship.  

Hey, great to have you on board again. It was great to see you and Jim down in Florida, and glad that you'll be sailing on the Spirit with us in January. We're going to miss you on the Legend though. If there is anything you want to know about the Mardi Gras, you know where to find us. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, NYHartChapp said:

Thanks for the review...always love reading them and Patti's pics.  Boarding Sunshine tomorrow for a quick 4-day to Half Moon Cay and back.  Love being a 15 minute Uber from the port!

Thanks for reading! Enjoy your cruise on the Sunshine. It's been four years since we've been to HMC. We need to get back there! :classic_cool:

24 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

I'm a newbie, have only read one of your reviews previously. I really enjoyed it and all the beautiful pics!

Looking forward to this review. So far I haven't given much thought to sailing the Mardi Gras because there's so many ships I haven't sailed yet. This review might just sway me🙂

Glad you have come back to read this one. I understand your quandary. Too many ships, too little time! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

No problem. The fears that I had about the thermal spa prior to sailing on the MG were justified once I saw it in person. 😒

Hey, great to have you on board again. It was great to see you and Jim down in Florida, and glad that you'll be sailing on the Spirit with us in January. We're going to miss you on the Legend though. If there is anything you want to know about the Mardi Gras, you know where to find us. :classic_biggrin:

Well through a weird series of events we have cloud 9 rooms on Radiance coming up for a little shorty and I’ve never set foot in any spa on any ship in any cruise line so it’s still very helpful to understand all these thermal suites. 

• Like 2

I'm finally caught up!  Thanks for bringing back all these great memories of Mardi Gras - we can't get enough of that ship.  We've already been on MG twice and are booked again for December.  Our son and DIL actually had a spa balcony room on deck 17 in March and loved it. We were on deck 16, our favorite. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Patti checked out the Woman’s Locker Room…..

IMG_0841-X2.jpg

IMG_0846-X2.jpg

IMG_0847-X2.jpg

IMG_0844-X2.jpg

IMG_0843-X2.jpg

To be continued……..

I have 1 comment and 1 question!

Towels!  It looks like a whole wall of towels in the locker room.  On the Splendor I could not find any and when I asked the spa manager, she said “oh we have plenty of towels everywhere.”  

Any idea what the white stuff in the soap dispenser on the right is?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Patti peeks into the Flamingo Restaurant, mid ship, port side. Here is tonight’s menu…..

IMG_0921-X2.jpg

IMG_0923-X2.jpg

IMG_0924-X2.jpg

Patti next walks by the Fortune Teller Bar, mid ship, starboard side…..

IMG_0931-X2.jpg

IMG_0930-X2.jpg

Patti passes Emeril’s Bistro 1396, mid ship, starboard side…..

IMG_0934-X2.jpg

IMG_0936-X2.jpg

IMG_0933-X2.jpg

This is the Carnival Kitchen, aft, starboard side…..

IMG_0938-X2.jpg

IMG_0940-X2.jpg

IMG_0939-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

Dumb question but how much bread do they give? Ya girl loves some bread!!

22 hours ago, sthrnbll said:

It's a HUGE basically truck stops but for families. There are no truckers there. They have everything you could ever think of. Food, gifts, drinks, clothing, coolers, etc.

And they have the cleanest restrooms on earth!

• Like 2