First time on Celebrity

kcmo74

So I apologize in advance as my questions have probably been answered a thousand times in the past. I was curious about MDR and if it is ok to order multiple different entrees if you want to try many things or don't like your initial order, or want 3 of one thing because it's the best you've ever had. I know with other companies we have done this before, just wondering Celebrity's policy on it. Also, how many "dress up" nights are on a 7 day cruise, and what is the attire like for these now days? Has been over 10 years since we've cruised so I know some things have changed. We will be on the Solstice in Alaska if that matters to these questions specifically. Thank you!

There's usually 2 Formal Nights for a 7 day cruise, usually on nights 2 and 5.  As for the entrees, yes you can order multiple dishes.  If you tell them you can't decide which one you want, they'll bring you both.  My Dad has been known to do this, me, I have certain foods I like which I can only get on a ship, so it doesn't matter what they're offered with, I'll chose that dish.

• Like 1

Actually Celebrity no longer has "formal nights" and has replaced them with "Evening Chic" which tends to be a lot less dressy. Definitely have ordered more than one main dish when I couldn't decide or found that I didn't enjoy the first one.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kcmo74 said:

So I apologize in advance as my questions have probably been answered a thousand times in the past. I was curious about MDR and if it is ok to order multiple different entrees if you want to try many things or don't like your initial order, or want 3 of one thing because it's the best you've ever had. I know with other companies we have done this before, just wondering Celebrity's policy on it. Also, how many "dress up" nights are on a 7 day cruise, and what is the attire like for these now days? Has been over 10 years since we've cruised so I know some things have changed. We will be on the Solstice in Alaska if that matters to these questions specifically. Thank you!

The attire is less "formal" or dressy on Alaska cruises.  Very few tuxes and fancy dresses.  But feel free to dress up on the Evening Chic nights.  As mentioned, we also have sometimes ordered multiple appetizers instead of a main course.    

If you are at a table with others and order multiples then the others sit and wait while you eat .. before the next course is delivered. Please tell the waiter not to hold delivering food to your tablemates. It is very annoying to sit and wait while others eat a couple of each course. 

Not everyone wants an appetizer but may be hungry and forced to wait for their meal , etc,

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 11:44 PM, cdn_tbird said:

Don't be surprised, if they bring you extra dishes every night "to sample" even if you didn't request an extra entree. Their objective is to keep you very happy😁

I agree, servers seem to love to bring unordered dishes and double portions of whatever I did order. It is my pet peeve. Seeing giant portions is really unappetizing for me. I also hate the food waste.