Just Off The Mariner Sunday

2 hours ago, tarheel3559 said:

I just saw on Fb group that Cap Tobias has reinstated a mask mandate indoors on Mariner for remainder of the cruise, can you confirm? 

Not  mandated,  still optional but recommended indoors.

Elevators make me the most nervous.  You don't know who just coughed or sneezed in there before you with very little air flow.  

Unfortunately I can only do a couple of flights at a time due to bad knees.  Whenever possible I use the stairs.  But 8 flights is not going to happen.  

We keep our masks on a lanyard folded closed.  Then if we suddenly find ourselves in a crowd we can quickly put them on.  However this new B2 is so virulent I'm not sure a mask does any good.  A UK doctor I sometimes listen to I believe said 1 person can infect 20 at a time. Thankfully its not as strong. Cases are up but not much spike in hospitalization.  

I'm still not staying home.

Elevators were crowded last week with 2900 passengers.  And in the midst of it, there was the piano guy tying up one of them.  We walked when possible, but took them when we had to.  I could walk down from 8 to 3 for dinner, but not back up.

• Like 1