What do you recommend for transportation from MCO to Cape Canaveral Hotel area for a large group of approx 20 people?

vossjemi

We'll have at approx 16 adults & 5 kids to get from the MCO  to Cape Canaveral the day before our cruise.  We haven't picked a hotel yet either.  Would you recommend multiple vehicle rentals?  A shuttle who will take all of us?  I assume we would be on multiple shuttles?  Any idea of cost?  We would need transport back from cruise to MCO as well. Who would you recommend for a large group like this?

Mears Transportation, Cortrans and Cruise Control Transportation are three highly recommended shuttle services. They charge per person, are reliable and are reasonable. They are recommended by many Cruise Critic posters.

Cruise Control...call and talk to the owner Corey.....888 416-8830...They were just amazing for our transportation two weeks ago...MCO to our Port Canaveral hotel....cruise ship back to MCO.

We opted to stay at Home2Suites...loved this hotel for our extended family group.

You could consider staying at or near MCO and take the ships shuttle the day of embarkation.  Then take the ships shuttle back to MCO upon debarkation.  We are doing that in November.  We get in late to MCO and are staying at the Hyatt inside the terminal.  Then will catch the ships shuttle the next day.  In the past, even when we went in 2-3 days early and stayed in Coco Beach, we would use the ships shuttle back to MCO.  In November we will go back to the Hyatt and fly out on Monday as it was cheaper for the Thanksgiving holiday to wait until Monday.  

Thanks for all of the suggestions.  The party bus thing looks cool!  I'll get quotes from the recommended transport services.  I'm curious.  Do you find independent transport generally cheaper or more expensive than ship transport?

14 hours ago, vossjemi said:

Thanks for all of the suggestions.  The party bus thing looks cool!  I'll get quotes from the recommended transport services.  I'm curious.  Do you find independent transport generally cheaper or more expensive than ship transport?

Independent is CHEAPER by far.

• Like 1