Hot Glass Class

kcmo74

• 3 weeks later...

wow  these prices to participate are high . When we go to  Cabo  San  Lucas ,Mexico on   cruises ,there is a huge  glass blowing factory in Cabo who will make what you want  & even better is a smaller glass blowing between Cabo San Lucas & San Jose Del Cabo  & they are much cheaper  . I got 3 glass clowns feet & hands put back on   at no cost but gave them $5  tip   . .The  glass blowing  going toward San Hose Del Cabo is   on the left side of the road  in a  small store community  of buildings 

• 8 months later...

This has all been so helpful. I

lobe blown glass. I have been

to demos in Venice that were amazing. But I have so much glass I really only want to do it if I can make my own. And the choices they give are not that interesting to me. Do they also sell other pieces made by the experts? 

5 hours ago, Szt said:

This has all been so helpful. I

lobe blown glass. I have been

to demos in Venice that were amazing. But I have so much glass I really only want to do it if I can make my own. And the choices they give are not that interesting to me. Do they also sell other pieces made by the experts? 

Yes, if you ask. They have blown pieces. Normally on top of the Glass Annealing Oven. I've bought one. 

• 2 months later...

Hi.

Really interested in doing this on Equinox next May!  LOVE sea turtles, so I would love to have that be my souvenir for the trip 🐢

Anyone have any updates on this experience?

Are they still letting you do a lot of the work yourself?

And someone mentioned that on Equinox you need to go to the glass area during the first day demo? And wondering how early ion boarding day we need to go there.

14 minutes ago, scotlady said:

Hi.

Really interested in doing this on Equinox next May!  LOVE sea turtles, so I would love to have that be my souvenir for the trip 🐢

Anyone have any updates on this experience?

Are they still letting you do a lot of the work yourself?

And someone mentioned that on Equinox you need to go to the glass area during the first day demo? And wondering how early ion boarding day we need to go there.

You will need to go up to the glassblowing studio to make your reservation. They schedule the demo right on top of sailaway, so we didn’t attend that. We went up the following day to choose our time slots. No need to rush or get in a line to sign up right away. 

You work alongside the glass artist, and won’t be allowed to make a piece on your own. They want you to be successful! If you’re unsure, just have a seat and watch as others create their pieces to get an idea of participation levels. 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 8:15 AM, thebutlerdidit said:

You will need to go up to the glassblowing studio to make your reservation. They schedule the demo right on top of sailaway, so we didn’t attend that. We went up the following day to choose our time slots. No need to rush or get in a line to sign up right away. 

You work alongside the glass artist, and won’t be allowed to make a piece on your own. They want you to be successful! If you’re unsure, just have a seat and watch as others create their pieces to get an idea of participation levels. 

So let me get this straight..... you pay to watch the instructor make something for you? 

Edited by Laszlo

On 9/8/2023 at 4:20 PM, thebutlerdidit said:

No, you bent that up pretty good. 

Explain to me how I bent that up?

Your words.....   (You work alongside the glass artist, and won’t be allowed to make a piece on your own.)

So what you said is true you are not making anything, you are watching the instructor make something

Edited by Laszlo

On 5/23/2022 at 7:12 AM, thebutlerdidit said:

I pre-purchased the class for one, then decided to purchase it for my cabin mate as well. Yesterday I cancelled those purchases (at $120 each) in favor of booking the class for two (at $220, a savings of $20). When booking the class for two guests I checked both my name and my cabin mate’s name, because after all - the class was for two. But when I did that, the price changed to $440. So I ended up just checking my name and paying the $220.  Is this what others have experienced in the Cruise Planner?

Sorry, but I didn't see this until now--over a year later!  In case someone else is interested, the answer is that when you purchase a hot glass class for two, you only check one passenger in the Cruise Planner as you saw. So one passenger ends up buying a hot glass class for two.  When you get on board, you can then declare who the second person is.  

• Thanks 1