Would you book a Club Balcony room on the Sun?

guitarboy53

We booked a last minute cruise on the Sun for next week and we received our cabin assignment for an inside room yesterday. While I am perfectly content with the inside cabin that has been assigned, I am wondering if should bid the minimum to see if I can get a Club Balcony on the Sun. If I don't end up winning the bid, I would be happy sailing in the inside cabin (I love to sleep in and the dark rooms are appealing). 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Sun's Club Balcony cabins.

I quite like the club balcony on the older ships much more than the newer ships because they have that curtain that can separate the bed area from the sofa area and it is nice to have a bit of privacy when travelling with others. And now they give you a free bag of laundry which is nice I guess. 

Enjoy your cruise!

7 minutes ago, geleisen said:

I quite like the club balcony on the older ships much more than the newer ships because they have that curtain that can separate the bed area from the sofa area and it is nice to have a bit of privacy when travelling with others. And now they give you a free bag of laundry which is nice I guess. 

Enjoy your cruise!

And don't forget your "treats" and bottle of sparkling wine!!

Seriously, though, I would choose a balcony over an inside any day. On a full ship, there is nothing like escaping to the privacy of your own balcony with a good book. Or being out there early A.M. with a fresh cup of coffee to watch the sun rise. IMHO, of course!

• Like 1

any cabin that offers a balcony wins hands down imho. i dont care about the treats, or the sparkling wine, its nice to just sit out there with an ice cold heineken or a glass of champagne and just watch the world go by.  sometimes, i just go on the balcony in the middle of the night and just watch and listen to the night

• Like 1

6 hours ago, guitarboy53 said:

We booked a last minute cruise on the Sun for next week and we received our cabin assignment for an inside room yesterday. While I am perfectly content with the inside cabin that has been assigned, I am wondering if should bid the minimum to see if I can get a Club Balcony on the Sun. If I don't end up winning the bid, I would be happy sailing in the inside cabin (I love to sleep in and the dark rooms are appealing). 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Sun's Club Balcony cabins.

The club balconies on the Sun are the best/largest in the fleet, so getting one of those I assume would make you very happy! 😊 Just google it, and you will find several videos.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

The club balconies on the Sun are the best/largest in the fleet, so getting one of those I assume would make you very happy! 😊 Just google it, and you will find several videos.

Best result if you google "mini suite norwegian sun" instead of "club balcony suite", as that is what they were called until very recently........"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

This is the correct answer.  If you have a chance to get one, take it.

Ditto...... The Mini Suites (sorry I'm old school) on the Sun are really nice. The bathroom is probably twice the size of a regular balcony. The location of them is also really nice

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Ditto...... The Mini Suites (sorry I'm old school) on the Sun are really nice. The bathroom is probably twice the size of a regular balcony. The location of them is also really nice

I'm lost. Are you saying the balcony is twice the size of a regular balcony and you are happy that they located it properly ( I'm assuming you mean on the outside of the ship.)Or are you saying the bathroom is twice the size of a balcony and you are happy that they DIDN'T locate it outside, so that you can do your business in private, away from the prying eyes of the creatures of the deep? People tell me I go through life lost and confused. This post doesn't help!!

P.S. The above is all in jest, of course!!

I won an upgrade to a club balcony on the Jewel for our Alaska trip.....OMG...the bathroom was so much larger, full size shower and the space was so, so nice. A regular balcony bathroom is no bigger than the head on my small sailboat, lol.  The balcony itself seemed larger than a standard.  Now if I have an option for a club vs a regular balcony and it is not too pricy, I would go for it.  The treats were a nice touch, but nothing super special.  I actually was more happy for the carton of water.  "Treats" were sparkling wine, cookies, carton of water, free laundry bag, assorted chocolates.  A different one daily.  There were also robes in the closet for us to use.  Just an FYI, I bid 120/pp for it and won the bid. 

3 hours ago, WindinmySails said:

I won an upgrade to a club balcony on the Jewel for our Alaska trip.....OMG...the bathroom was so much larger, full size shower and the space was so, so nice. A regular balcony bathroom is no bigger than the head on my small sailboat, lol.  The balcony itself seemed larger than a standard.  Now if I have an option for a club vs a regular balcony and it is not too pricy, I would go for it.  The treats were a nice touch, but nothing super special.  I actually was more happy for the carton of water.  "Treats" were sparkling wine, cookies, carton of water, free laundry bag, assorted chocolates.  A different one daily.  There were also robes in the closet for us to use.  Just an FYI, I bid 120/pp for it and won the bid. 

Balcony size in a mini-suite is 54 sq.ft. vs. 38 sq.ft. in a regular balcony. Overall, you gain about 100 sq.ft. Like having an extra 10x10 room. Well worth it if the price differential is reasonable. Do they still have bathtubs on the Jewel? We recently sailed on the Pearl and all tubs have been removed and replaced with very large showers. Quite a nice change. The added amenities are definitely not a reason to book a mini-suite!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Balcony size in a mini-suite is 54 sq.ft. vs. 38 sq.ft. in a regular balcony. Overall, you gain about 100 sq.ft. Like having an extra 10x10 room. Well worth it if the price differential is reasonable. Do they still have bathtubs on the Jewel? We recently sailed on the Pearl and all tubs have been removed and replaced with very large showers. Quite a nice change. The added amenities are definitely not a reason to book a mini-suite!!

Yes, the space is the best amenity!  They did remove the tubs and have a nice large shower!