Wi-Fi Question

shepcookie

I've tried to find where I can pre-pay the wi-fi package before my cruise.  There's a note on Princess' website that you purchase it through the medallion app, but my friend and I cannot find anywhere on it to purchase this.  Do you have to wait until you are on the ship to buy this?  If not, where do you find the link to purchase it?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Tammy

Under the OceanReady Profile, should be the third item down on the list. MedallionNet. If not you also should be able to do it from the website, In summary, Where it says check in with medallion app, number 1 says try the web base link.

Thanks, Moondogy.  I do not have anything on my app that says "MedalionNet".  I also have not been able to access Dine My Way on my app so I think there's something wrong with it. I'm on a June 4th cruise, so I'll check with them on board.  I'm wondering if I need to delete the app and add it back, but I don't want to lose everything I've already entered for my upcoming cruise.

1 hour ago, shepcookie said:

I'm wondering if I need to delete the app and add it back, but I don't want to lose everything I've already entered for my upcoming cruise.

The app doesn't actually store anything. All your info is on a server. Deleting & reinstalling shouldn't affect your info.

2 hours ago, shepcookie said:

Thanks, Moondogy.  I do not have anything on my app that says "MedalionNet". 

When you are on your opening screen in the app, do you see three lines on the top right side?  If you click on that, a white screen should open up.  Down toward the bottom should be an option for MedallionNet.  Maybe that will work for you?

1 hour ago, shepcookie said:

I have the three lines, but I only have the following options:

OceanReady profile

JourneyView

OceanCompass

OceanView

PlayOcean

Ugh! I appreciate you trying to help!

What is listed in the OceanReady box?? Anything with a > next to it?

Thank you everyone!  We both ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the app. It works now!  I think the one we were using was from at least 3 years ago, and they were still fairly new then.  As someone mentioned, I didn't lose anything that I had already entered.

One more thing done! 

Tammy

Just found the MedallionNet section on the app and for my 7 day cruise it's $69.99 for one device. The verbage on the Princess site is very deceiving! Wonder if I can share a one device plan with my cabin mate and just switch off for making video calls back home.

44 minutes ago, whataboutport said:

Is the wifi price more once you get on board? Also I found it is $9.99 for one device. Is that for the entire voyage or per day? And is it one device at a time or strictly just one device?

That is per day and for one device at a time. Can use as many devices as you want, nut just one at a time.

And, yes, the price is higher on board although the pre-cruise rate might be available on embarkation day.

39 minutes ago, whataboutport said:

Just found the MedallionNet section on the app and for my 7 day cruise it's $69.99 for one device. The verbage on the Princess site is very deceiving! Wonder if I can share a one device plan with my cabin mate and just switch off for making video calls back home.

Yes, sharing like that is fine. Just have to use the same login information for every device being used.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2022 at 10:02 AM, shepcookie said:

Thank you everyone!  We both ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the app. It works now!  I think the one we were using was from at least 3 years ago, and they were still fairly new then.  As someone mentioned, I didn't lose anything that I had already entered.

One more thing done! 

Tammy

Exactly what I was prepared to post as I read down the list.  It was pretty obvious to me, you were using the old App(s).  You should just delete any old OCEAN apps and glad you figured out to download the new one.  Also, be aware they often update it monthly with fixes, so you may need to update or download again in future.

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Exactly what I was prepared to post as I read down the list.  It was pretty obvious to me, you were using the old App(s).  You should just delete any old OCEAN apps and glad you figured out to download the new one.  Also, be aware they often update it monthly with fixes, so you may need to update or download again in future.

Any way to check whether you have the most current version of the app?  Don't really want to risk a delete app if I am up to date. Yeah, I know ... you're not going to lose your data... but I am a "if it isn't broke don't fix it" guy.  I *think* I'm up to date.  How do you check that?

3 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Any way to check whether you have the most current version of the app?  Don't really want to risk a delete app if I am up to date. Yeah, I know ... you're not going to lose your data... but I am a "if it isn't broke don't fix it" guy.  I *think* I'm up to date.  How do you check that?

Go to your phone's settings, then apps, then find the Medallion app. Instead of opening it scroll down to the bottom and it should say the version. Mine is 3.0.102003 for android

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, whataboutport said:

Go to your phone's settings, then apps, then find the Medallion app. Instead of opening it scroll down to the bottom and it should say the version. Mine is 3.0.102003 for android

Uh ... not in my iPhone.  All I get is "Allow MedallionClass to access" and then photos, bluetooth, camera, siri & search, notifications.  Can't open the app from there and can't see a version number.

iPhone folks?  Help?

6 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Uh ... not in my iPhone.  All I get is "Allow MedallionClass to access" and then photos, bluetooth, camera, siri & search, notifications.  Can't open the app from there and can't see a version number.

iPhone folks?  Help?

settings

general

iphone storage

medallionclass 

auto updated 'a few days ago'

• Like 1